Does anyone else think all this Obama praise is too early?

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Yes.

There are a lot of "great men" that don't get enough pub.

He's done nothing, but win an election...

44 men have done it before, some of which you guys really hate, so at this point, he's on the same level they were at the beginning of their presidencies.
QFT

Yes.

BUT...corny as it sounds...he really has given a lot of people "hope", and that's definitely good when the country actually supports theirpresident for a change.

Besides, I don't think its possible to do worse than Bush did.

Yes.

BUT...corny as it sounds...he really has given a lot of people "hope", and that's definitely good when the country actually supports theirpresident for a change.

Besides, I don't think its possible to do worse than Bush did.

I've BEEN thinkin this....tryin to make national holidays...namin schools after him.....namin babies Obama or Barrack. People need to chill.
Im not sure how/why it got to this point. I feel like if Hillary had won, there wouldnt be nearly the amount of fanfare, and I feel that that wouldve beenequally as historic.

No i think the praise is justified but i do hope the nonstop talking ceases...sooner rather than later

do people not understand the historical significance of having the first black president

not too long ago blacks and people of color were treated like second class citizens not too long

do people forget blacks being lynched, being segregated from whites, jim crow laws and much more

Obama being elected is a sign that our country is making a small step towards racial equality

funny how dudes are down playing this like it happens all the time. Then again people down playing his election probably don't have to think bout civilrights much.

Originally Posted by the north west

do people not understand the historical significance of having the first black president

not too long ago blacks and people of color were treated like second class citizens not too long

do people forget blacks being lynched, being segregated from whites, jim crow laws and much more

Obama being elected is a sign that our country is making a small step towards racial equality

funny how dudes are down playing this like it happens all the time. Then again people down playing his election probably don't have to think bout civil rights much.

The thing is... All this negro race, caucasion race bull is something that somebody sat down and came up with. There's a human race, and that'sreally all that matters.
Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I've BEEN thinkin this....tryin to make national holidays...namin schools after him.....namin babies Obama or Barrack. People need to chill.
Im not sure how/why it got to this point. I feel like if Hillary had won, there wouldnt be nearly the amount of fanfare, and I feel that that wouldve been equally as historic.

Seriously think about why the media has been portraying him they way they have. Think about a lot of this stuff that's been going on. WHY are we in afinancial crysis? WHY are we "going green?" WHY did September 11 happen? WHY did "Y2K" happen? WHY? I mean REALLY why?

I don't even care why some of you all are mad, but if this can bring my mother to tears in 9 degree weather to see a man fulfill the dream that mostminorities would have never fathomed, its praise worthy. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Yes his middle name is Hussein.
That cant be good.

82725b1e3c4d0bb3eeb3b3f743b9a4644881c4f.gif

moz-screenshot-24.jpg
Forget Jeezy & Nas... This song best sums up what happened and whatWILL happen.

All the people up top, on the side and the middle
Come together let's all form, and swarm just a little
Just let it gradually build, from the front to the back
All you can see is a sea of people some white and some black
Don't matter what color all that matters we're gathered together
to celebrate for the same cause no matter the weather
If it rains, let it rain, yeah the wetter the better
They ain't gon' stop us they can't, we're stronger now more than ever
They tell us no we say yeah, they tell us stop we say go
Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell, we gon' let 'em know
Stomp, push, shove, mush, #@%# Bush
Until they bring our troops home c'mon, just...

Chorus
Come along, follow me, as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark that we need to proceed, carry on, give me hope
Give me strength, come with me, and I won't steer you wrong
Put your faith, and your trust, as I guide us through the fog
To the light, at the end, of the tunnel we gon' fight
We gon' charge, we gon' stomp, we gon' march through the swamp
We gon' mosh through the marsh, take us right through the doors
C'mon!

capt.d792941fa38f40ada1a4be52bfa1165d.aptopix_inauguration_a_nation_gathers_ny123.jpg

pimp.gif

He gets praise simply for providing hope!

Give credit where credit is due and for sure some praise is in order. However, he can only do so much and there is more for him to do than many that camebefore him. I am very impressed by what he accomplished but I reserve my praise for him as a president until he has been a president for a while.

Back
Top Bottom