Does Anyone Volunteer?

Does anybody volunteer here? I got some extra days off to use this summer and I feel like helping out the community. I google'd some places around herebut I'm not so sure about them, can anybody recommend some good places to volunteer or info?

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Does anybody volunteer here? I got some extra days off to use this summer and I feel like helping out the community. I google'd some places around here but I'm not so sure about them, can anybody recommend some good places to volunteer or info?

I usually volunteer at a local downtown curch. The Red Cross is a good place to start. You should know, they make you fill out an app, as well as do abackground check.

I just did it yesterday. Tell me why I saw homeless people with cell phones in the food line.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

yeah...

homeless shelter in dc
retirement home

I chose things that were related to my actual career field. The homeless shelter i had been volunteering at since college. I found both through volunteermatch.

Good for you. I volunteer with church, sports, and musuems as often as I can. Find something you like and go with it. volunteermatch.org is a good resource.

volunteering is great. I grew up thinking it was a waste of time but once I got into it, it's great. could help you get a job later too

Originally Posted by ROME357

JayPesoz wrote:

Does anybody volunteer here? I got some extra days off to use this summer and I feel like helping out the community. I google'd some places around here but I'm not so sure about them, can anybody recommend some good places to volunteer or info?

I usually volunteer at a local downtown curch. The Red Cross is a good place to start. You should know, they make you fill out an app, as well as do a background check.

I just did it yesterday. Tell me why I saw homeless people with cell phones in the food line.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

667966753.jpg

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

every girl thread on NT

I was kinda looking for something deeper that wasn't solved by the same "cut & paste" answer since the beginning of time
laugh.gif

But thanks guys for your help, I'ma check out the local churches around here. I might even attend mass

I did, at a center in the old neighborhood where kids would come and play and learn after school so that they wouldn't get caught up in gang activities.

My friend volunteers a lot. I dont know if shes doing any this summer though. She usually only does i during the school year. I could ask her later though.

I do big brothers big sisters and foster and adoptive care coalition (FACC) haven't done that one in a min doe.

lol my boy volunteers at a church to get free food stamps cuz he's too lazy to get a real job.

it's ridic.

Church, food banks, and the boys and girls club are always a safe bet. Also check out VolunteerMatch.org they will have alot of local stuff you just have todisregard all the "travel" ones. Also I think monster and careerbuilder have volunteer search categories.

yup. i volunteer every year for the local city's festival thingy.

my friend's mom is in charge of the whole thing, so it's nice to help out.

it's always a longggggg day though. get there at 6 or 7 am, don't leave til midnight.

feels good to help out though
pimp.gif

i'm bout to start volunteering with city year on the weekends, my homegirl told me they needed someone to help paint murals in my area, and that is rightup my alley...

You can sign up for volunteermatch.com

I used to volunteer more freshman, sophomore, and junior year of high school.
I didn't do anything senior year though.
frown.gif

I plan on starting back up once school starts though.

But you should try volunteermatch though.
I went to a few events on there that I was emailed about.

Back
Top Bottom