Does it look bad to use a coupon for a first date?

I'm not really a fan of Cheesecake Factory. The quality doesn't match the price. But they get away with it because the portions are so big.

From a girl's POV:
"Here’s my issue with the coupon on the first date– it says “I didn’t choose this restaurant because I like it, or I thought you’d like it, or I thought it would make a good first date; I chose it because I have a coupon, and I’m cheap.” It would be okay if it’s something we had talked about beforehand and I really believed that my date already frequented the restaurant, but otherwise I would rather just go somewhere more affordable and have them save the coupon for another date. Or they could make me dinner. That would be frugal, and not nearly as weird as the coupon."

I'm ok with this because she said that it would be ok if it was discussed before hand. That's exactly what would go down, all(maybe) of the details would get discussed before hand and she would be fine with it.

Most of these coupons are codes that you write down on the check and have the waiter take care of now anyway so if you wanted to keep that hush hush then you EASILY could. I'm not really talking about bringing Sunday ad paper coupon cutouts :lol:

I'm ok with this because she said that it would be ok if it was discussed before hand. That's exactly what would go down, all(maybe) of the details would get discussed before hand and she would be fine with it.
Most of these coupons are codes that you write down on the check and have the waiter take care of now anyway so if you wanted to keep that hush hush then you EASILY could. I'm not really talking about bringing Sunday ad paper coupon cutouts :lol:

I guess if you must do it, giving her a heads up to see where she stands on the issue would be the right thing to do...should she decide to still go on the date based on that, then you are in the green...go for it...once again if a chick is expecting me to drop 400$ on a bottle of wine, I'd appreciate it if she gave me a heads up and I'll pass on the date, if she brings that **** up at the dinner table I'm walking out on her.

I wouldn't unless you know her personality and she seems like a cool girl. I play it safe though and would save it for third or fourth date.

Then again I usually go for a drink the first date.

Man...

Personally, I don't feel like a first date has to be elaborate or special, you don't have to try so hard. Anytime it's a female you're actually interested in though, I just think most respectable females would be put off by Red Lobster and using a coupon, it's cheap.

It's not about putting the p^&%y on a pedestal either, some of you He Man Woman Hater's Club types get so stuck in this mentality. I'd like to see some of these females you're messing with. If it's a jumpoff, you're just looking to smash or whatever...why are you going on a date to begin with?

Last edited:
Y'all can spend $150+ on shoes but wanna use a coupon on a first date. If a plate of food is like $20 bucks, do you really need a coupon? I say save the coupon for later dates

Y'all can spend $150+ on shoes but wanna use a coupon on a first date. If a plate of food is like $20 bucks, do you really need a coupon? I say save the coupon for later dates

We also use coupons on shoes when we can :smokin

Last edited:
If a chick's in her feelings because I used a coupon on a date, I don't need to be dating her anyways. Me using a coupon doesn't affect the "experience" of the date.

It's no different than taking a chick somewhere that you get the hookup on drinks/food.

Edit: Asked homegirl what she thought, she said "I wouldn't mind at all if a guy used a coupon. I would actually give him points in my book for trying to save money."

Ironically this is coming from a girl who's a part-time stripper :lol:

Last edited:
JUST GOT DONE THROWING THIS AROUND WITH MY CHICK!! SHE FAILED!! SHE WAS LIKE FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE EVERYTHING!! IM LIKE GIRL IF I WOULD HAVE HAD A COUPON ON ME WHEN WE WENT ON OUR FIRST DATE IT WOULD HAVE GOT USED NO PROBLEM>>USE THE COUPON!!! OR PUT SOMEBODY ELSE ON!! 
happy.gif

Man...
Personally, I don't feel like a first date has to be elaborate or special, you don't have to try so hard. Anytime it's a female you're actually interested in though, I just think most respectable females would be put off by Red Lobster and using a coupon, it's cheap.
It's not about putting the p^&%y on a pedestal either, some of you He Man Woman Hater's Club types get so stuck in this mentality. I'd like to see some of these females you're messing with. If it's a jumpoff, you're just looking to smash or whatever...why are you going on a date to begin with?[/quotes]

I wonder about some of these posters. Like if you guys are into a girl, you would mind coming off as cheap on the first date? Idk maybe it's just me. I'd be trying to impress a girl I was really into. Because if I don't, some other guy will come along and do it

Last edited:
If folks CAN use a coupon on shoes they would. :lol:

Honestly, for the VERY first date (if you guys haven't kicked it with each other or spent that much time together) I'd say either do it and make a joke/conservation out of it (if you can) or just eat up the lost money and take an easier girl out on the next date where she pays half and then you use the coupon and both of you guys are happy.

Don't think less of the 2nd girl if you do...she's probably the girl you're going to want to get with/is way more chill. *shrugs*

If she's just a bed buddy yes

If she is being added to the stable, yes

If she is just for fun, yes

If she's worth a damn, yes

If she's a stuck up hoetrain, no

^Is that directed at pro-couponers or anti-couponers?

people that use coupons on a first date.

and no you don't have to even take a woman out to dinner on a first date, especially when you want to get to know them...but using a coupon is just being cheap.

people that use coupons on a first date.
and no you don't have to even take a woman out to dinner on a first date, especially when you want to get to know them...but using a coupon is just being cheap.
Using a coupon on date 1 is cheap or period is cheap?

And if it is only cheap on date 1, why is it only cheap on date 1?

If a chick's in her feelings because I used a coupon on a date, I don't need to be dating her anyways. Me using a coupon doesn't affect the "experience" of the date.

This isn't about using a coupon any old place, this is about using a coupon at RED LOBSTER. Why are yall missin that? I can understand if Red Lobster is as good as it gets where you live, but if not... you and your lady are bum joints straight up. Get in where you fit in. Might as well be takin her to Long John Silvers and save even more money. 

Cheesecake Factory is a good neutral spot and it serves its purpose: appeases all kinds of appetites, provides a large portion, and has a great date-dessert menu. All kinds of people up in there (well it seems to be getting trashier), but the food is good enough and seems to be consistent with how it's cooked. Save the lower-teired chains for family or people you know well. Even better, make the damn food yourself for less...why settle and pay $20 (and tip) for that crappy fake food? 

Last edited:
I am not understanding something. Why is Red Lobster being looked down upon? Is EVERY meal we eat with women supposed to be places high on the Restaurant Prestige Leaderboard? I don't get it forreal. All of this Blue Blood-ism towards Red Lobster. Maybe someone has a taste for some Cheddar Biscuits and some fried shrimp. Why do they have to be "bum joints" because of that?

And so what if a coupon is used on THAT. A coupon's purpose is to reduce the price. So what if something isn't "great" (to you), why does that mean a coupon shouldn't be used?

I don't understand the logic here.

Back
Top Bottom