Does it matter if your parents approve of your GF/BF?

Hell no. I'm sure there could be instances where they wouldn't be ecstatic about my decision, but I know they care too much about me to not eventually get over it.      

Hell no. I'm sure there could be instances where they wouldn't be ecstatic about my decision, but I know they care too much about me to not eventually get over it.      

yes and no

i'll date who i want but it would bother me knowing i couldnt bring them around the fam for whatever reason

yes and no

i'll date who i want but it would bother me knowing i couldnt bring them around the fam for whatever reason

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

yes and no

couldnt agree more.

as a married man myself, i think it would be very difficult and stressful if my folks didnt like my wife.  i like having a good relationship with my family, and even though it would be unfair/wrong on their part to make me choose between them and the woman i love, that doesnt make it any easier to choose.

yes and no

couldnt agree more.

as a married man myself, i think it would be very difficult and stressful if my folks didnt like my wife.  i like having a good relationship with my family, and even though it would be unfair/wrong on their part to make me choose between them and the woman i love, that doesnt make it any easier to choose.

My mom is extremely strict about races and real traditional, and I don't normally go for those type of girls, so I'm really fearing that there's going to be a disagreement in the future. My dad on the other hand won't care at all.

My mom is extremely strict about races and real traditional, and I don't normally go for those type of girls, so I'm really fearing that there's going to be a disagreement in the future. My dad on the other hand won't care at all.

Originally Posted by acidicality

what are you and what does your mom object to?

why is she so strict?

why is she so strict?

If it's a serious relationship or you're considering taking to the next level, it should play a role. Otherwise, it'll be a perennial problem. Another thing to consider is your own parents' opinion may not matter in whom you choose to date but it may be of significance to the other person in the relationship.

If it's a serious relationship or you're considering taking to the next level, it should play a role. Otherwise, it'll be a perennial problem. Another thing to consider is your own parents' opinion may not matter in whom you choose to date but it may be of significance to the other person in the relationship.

why is she so strict?

i'm taiwanese, my mom basically wants me to marry a woman who's taiwanese as well. we had a conversation about that when i was like, 11 and i didn't care about all that. 
laugh.gif
and even for a Chinese (from the Mainland) she'd be iffy about it, and she's even stated not to marry a Vietnamese or Japanese girl. But I don't intend on limiting myself like that, so maybe she'll understand that times have changed. Maybe not. I guess she's just into those traditional Asian family values, keeping things close to the family.

Back
Top Bottom