Does NBA test its players for juicing/doping consistently?

So Baseball is a non contact weak sport and yet its players are still finding a way to cheat. That's a slap in the face for the sport of baseball lol. What a joke

I wonder what is the NBA protocol for testing NBA players for PED and human grown hormones?

Lebron, Dwade look like they took roids behind scene. MJ also look like he probably took a few shot during his career.

How soon until the USDA start catching up on NBA players?

So Baseball is a non contact weak sport and yet its players are still finding a way to cheat. That's a slap in the face for the sport of baseball lol. What a joke

I wonder what is the NBA protocol for testing NBA players for PED and human grown hormones?

Lebron, Dwade look like they took roids behind scene. MJ also look like he probably took a few shot during his career.

How soon until the USDA start catching up on NBA players?
Throwing 100 mph balls is weak? Hitting balls out of the park is weak?

Oh.

By no means am I baseball fan, but I respect their skill to the fullest.

baseball is a sport for weak people??

USDA???....(USADA dumbass).

Do you have any idea how ******g stupid you sound right now?

Got this off the hoopedia.

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association adopted the first anti-drug policy in major professional sports on September 28, 1983. Under the current program, all players are subject to random testing for banned substances during the pre-season period, rookies are subject to random testing three times during the regular season, and all players are subject to testing for reasonable causes at any time. Steroids were added to the list of banned substances in 1999.
Steroids: If a player tests positive for steroids for the first time during Reasonable Cause Testing, First-Year Testing, or Veteran Testing, the player will be suspended for five games and will be required to enter the Anti-Drug Program. A second positive test for steroids will result in a ten-game suspension and the player’s re-entry into the program. A third (or any subsequent) positive test for steroids will result in a twenty-five game suspension and the player’s re-entry into the program. A player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendre to, a crime involving the use or possession of steroids.
The following is a list of substances banned under the NBA/NBPA’s Anti-Drug Program:
A. Drugs of Abuse
Amphetamine and its analogs (including, but not limited to, methamphetamine and MDMA)
Cocaine
Mescaline
LSD
Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, Morphine)
Phencyclidine (PCP)
B. Marijuana and its By-Products
C. Steroids
Androstenedione
Bolasterone
Boldenone
Clenbuterol
Clostebol
Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Dromostanolone
Ephedra (also called Ma Huang,Bishop’s Tea and Chi Powder)
Ephedrine
Ethylestrenol
Fluoxymesterone
Furazebol
Gestrinone
Mesterolone
Methandienone
Methandriol
Methenolone
Methylephedrine
Methyltestosterone
Mibolerone
Nandrolone
Norpseudoephedrine (also called Cathine)
Oxandrolone
Oxymesterone
Oxymetholone
Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)
Pseudoephedrine
Stanozolol
Testosterone
Tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)
Trenbolone

Quote from David Stern back in 07:
Steroids and performance-enhancing drugs were added to the league's substance abuse policy in the last round of negotiations with the players' union. One interesting aspect of the agreement dictated that any time there is a penalty handed down when a performance enhancer is involved, the offending substance is to be identified.

Thus, we learned Lindsey Hunter was suspended for 10 games last week after phentermine, a banned substance used primarily for weight loss, was discovered in his system in a random test.

To the best of my knowledge, only one other player has been suspended for using performance enhancers: Don MacLean, who played briefly for six teams from 1992-2000...

As commissioner David Stern testified when a Congressional subcommittee was considering the "drug free sports act," in 2005: "The sport of basketball emphasizes a specialized set of physical abilities — particularly quickness, agility and basketball skill — that are distinct from those required in a number of other sports. Accordingly, illicit substances that could assist athletes in strength sports (such as weightlifting and football), power sports (such as baseball), or endurance sports (such as cycling or marathon running), are not likely to be of benefit to NBA players."

Here's some info:

Under the current program, all players are subject to random testing for banned substances during the pre-season period, rookies are subject to random testing three times during the regular season, and all players are subject to testing for reasonable causes at any time.

Steroids were added to the list of banned substances in 1999. If a player tests positive for steroids for the first time during Reasonable Cause Testing, First-Year Testing, or Veteran Testing, the player will be suspended for five games and will be required to enter the Anti-Drug Program. A second positive test for steroids will result in a ten-game suspension and the player’s re-entry into the program. A third (or any subsequent) positive test for steroids will result in a twenty-five game suspension and the player’s re-entry into the program. A player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendre to, a crime involving the use or possession of steroids.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=NBA/NBPA_Anti-Drug_Program_Prohibited_Substances

The NBA testing is pretty vanilla and guys can easily "beat the system" with the right handlers. The NBA will likely stick to close to their current policies and testing because the big beasts (national media and government) pay no attention to them.

Edit:

As commissioner David Stern testified when a Congressional subcommittee was considering the "drug free sports act," in 2005: "The sport of basketball emphasizes a specialized set of physical abilities — particularly quickness, agility and basketball skill — that are distinct from those required in a number of other sports. Accordingly, illicit substances that could assist athletes in strength sports (such as weightlifting and football), power sports (such as baseball), or endurance sports (such as cycling or marathon running), are not likely to be of benefit to NBA players."

:lol:lol Wow just wow.

Last edited:
MJ probably did something, especially when he was sick through the championship game.

durant looks like the only one that isn't.  

MJ probably did something, especially when he was sick through the championship game.

are you ******g kidding me?

MJ had the flu, how would HGH/Steroids help him? The only thing he was on was Gatorade. Plus steroids/HGH isn't a pill, this isn't tylenol, you can't take it 60 minutes before a game and get results. You have to cycle the stuff to see gains....

This thread is a joke. You guys sound so ignorant right now, at least do some research before reaching and making outrageous claims.

Last edited:

Because he's thin? Irrelevant.

lg_samake_all.jpg

get familiar.

durant seems like a clean cut kid straight arrow type. that's why i don't think he is.
MJ had the flu, how would HGH/Steroids help him? The only thing he was on was Gatorade. Plus steroids/HGH isn't a pill, this isn't tylenol, you can't take it 60 minutes before a game and get results. You have to cycle the stuff to see gains....
This thread is a joke. You guys sound so ignorant right now, at least do some research before reaching and making outrageous claims.
steriod's help you go longer duh

Last edited:
baseball is a sport for weak people??
USDA???....(USADA dumbass).
Do you have any idea how ******g stupid you sound right now?

Oh look you're mad.

Baseball is a non contact sport.

It's a non contact sport and its players still cheat lol

Take a seat

You're trying to make it sound like you're some expert. Get out of here. You don't know what athletes pay to bypass the drug test

You're trying to make it sound like you're some expert. Get out of here. You don't know what athletes pay to bypass the drug test

no i just have something called common sense.

also, how about you do some basic research on steroids, HGH.

For ***** sake you thought the USDA oversaw these issues, that's why I prolly come off as an expert to you. You have ZERO clue as to what you're talking about, it's like you haven't EVER read an article about these issues.

You also know nothing about baseball, using stereotypes and generalizations to back your argument. **** here bruh. Don't tell me to take a seat when you're the one that needs to get a clue.

Baseball being predominantly non-contact has nothing to do with the power hitters need to generate to drive a long-ball, or the velocity a pitcher needs to generate to throw in the high 90s.

Sound so IGNORANT right now dude, and you have the audacity to sit there and act smug? You're a troll dude.

Last edited:
no i just have something called common sense.
also, how about you do some basic research on steroids, HGH.
For ***** sake you thought the USDA oversaw these issues, that's why I prolly come off as an expert to you. You have ZERO clue as to what you're talking about, it's like you haven't EVER read an article about these issues.
You also know nothing about baseball, using stereotypes and generalizations to back your argument. **** here bruh. Don't tell me to take a seat when you're the one that needs to get a clue.
Baseball being predominantly non-contact has nothing to do with the power hitters need to generate to drive a long-ball, or the velocity a pitcher needs to generate to throw in the high 90s.
Sound so IGNORANT right now dude, and you have the audacity to sit there and act smug? You're a troll dude.

If baseball players are so high and mighty why do they need to take ped and steroids in the first place?

Your power hitters and high velocity pitchers took roids and ped LOL. Many big names players has been caught. It's a sport full of cheaters lol

I just got you there

Last edited:
If baseball players are so high and mighty why do they need to take ped and steroids in the first place?
Your power hitters and high velocity pitchers took roids and ped LOL. Most of the big names players has been caught. It's a sport full of cheaters lol
I just got you there

You're looking at PEDs from purely an aspect of muscle size. What you don't know/understand is that these PEDs help with muscle recovery and you can have a quicker turnaround (amongst other things) from injuries, etc. Guys need to be on the field of play to earn a living. If you're on the shelf for an extended period of time, the next man is going to step into your place. No one wants that.

Your power hitters and high velocity pitchers took roids and ped LOL. Many big names players has been caught. It's a sport full of cheaters lol
I just got you there

Thank you for stating the obvious. Who ever said that they're high and mighty or that they don't take steroids/HGH.

You didn't do anything but make yourself like even more of an ***, are you really THIS stupid in real life?

Who is this clown?

Last edited:
You're looking at PEDs from purely an aspect of muscle size. What you don't know/understand is that these PEDs help with muscle recovery and you can have a quicker turnaround (amongst other things) from injuries, etc. Guys need to be on the field of play to earn a living. If you're on the shelf for an extended period of time, the next man is going to step into your place. No one wants that.

I don't care. It's not natural. It's not fair. Therefore it's cheating. If im on the field with a bunch of cheaters i would be outraged. Can you imagine if sport allow ped and steroids to be legal? Im not sure if i can look at sport the same

Peds aren't that big of a deal. just because you take them doesn't mean you'll be as good as MJ, LJ, or Tom Brady. 

the cyclists that did it didn't make them as good as lance even if he was taking them too. 

Last edited:
I don't care. It's not natural. It's not fair. Therefore it's cheating. If im on the field with a bunch of cheaters i would be outraged. Can you imagine if sport allow ped and steroids to be legal? Im not sure if i can look at sport the same

and there you go being uninformed again, the Las Vegas Athletic commission has exempted a few mixed martial artists from TRT testing (some who argue isn't a true HGH/Steroid/PED).

I disagree, but that's not the point. It's already gaining a level of permissibility in "sport" as you call it. :lol:

and btw there are natural human growth hormones, sheesh you made sure you knew as little as possible about the subject before making this thread huh brehski? nice...

here kiddo, I'll help you out.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/16253-hgh-made/

Last edited:
Thank you for stating the obvious. Who ever said that they're high and mighty or that they don't take steroids/HGH.
You didn't do anything but make yourself like even more of an ***, are you really THIS stupid in real life?
Who is this clown?

HMm what? So you're agreeing with me after all but are also trying to attack me to prove something. LOL

You're weird dude. Get out of here.

and there you go being uninformed again, the Las Vegas Athletic commission has exempted a few mixed martial artists from TRT testing (some who argue isn't a true HGH/Steroid/PED).
I disagree, but that's not the point. It's already gaining a level of permissibility in "sport" as you call it. :lol:
and btw there are natural human growth hormones, sheesh you made sure you knew as little as possible about the subject before making this thread huh brehski? nice...
here kiddo, I'll help you out.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/16253-hgh-made/

It's not the same as the drugs that baseball players took genius. Try again. Im talking about banned substances. lol

Last edited:
HMm what? So you're agreeing with me after all but are also trying to attack me to prove something. LOL
You're weird dude. Get out of here.

NO ONE is agreeing with you, you don't even have a point for anyone to agree with.

You don't even know what you're talking about. You're just posting....

It's not the same as the drugs that baseball players took genius. Try again. Im talking about banned substances. lol

Uh...but only it is, HGH use has been rampant in baseball.

And HGH is natural....it's also banned....in baseball...

I'm not siding with one side or another, I'm just pointing out how ignorant you sound, that's all. If anything I'm saving you from your own stupidity, just quit while you're behind.

and as far as TRT goes, my point is that PEDs (what TRT essentially is, though many would disagree with me on that issue) are gaining a level of acceptability in sports.

Oh and yeah, TRT is used in baseball, ask Jose, or just read this article...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8274284/victor-conte-melky-cabrera-one-many-mlb-peds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom