Does NBA test its players for juicing/doping consistently?

Uh...but only it is, HGH use has been rampant in baseball.
And HGH is natural....it's also banned....in baseball...
I'm not siding with one side or another, I'm just pointing out how ignorant you sound, that's all. If anything I'm saving you from your own stupidity, just quit while you're behind.
and as far as TRT goes, my point is that PEDs (what TRT essentially is, though many would disagree with me on that issue) are gaining a level of acceptability in sports.
Oh and yeah, TRT is used in baseball, ask Jose, or just read this article...
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8274284/victor-conte-melky-cabrera-one-many-mlb-peds

What the hell dude?

I was talking about banned substances in sport. I said baseball is a joke because its athletes cheat left and right by taking banned substances. You then went on a tirade talking about i don't know @%@ etc. Attacking me and calling me ignorant lol. I didn't even ask you to educate me on HGH and PED lol or which HGH is acceptable lol. I simply said taking banned substances is cheating. Seem like you have reading difficulties or something. Either that or you're just weird when you're mad. Just accept the L and leave. I was talking about one simple thing. You then turn it into many different things. lol.

Here it is for you again

Did baseball players took banned substances? yes or no? Is taking banned substances in sport consider cheating? Yes or no?

It's simple dude.

LOL. Like i said take a seat

Last edited:
I always found this argument interesting considering basketball. Is there any drug that could significantly help their performance?

What the hell dude?
I was talking about banned substances in sport. I said baseball is a joke because its athletes cheat left and right by taking banned substances. You then went on a tirade talking about i don't know @%@ etc. Attacking me and calling me ignorant lol. I didn't even ask you to educate me on HGH and PED lol or which HGH is acceptable lol. I simply said taking banned substances is cheating. Seem like you have reading difficulties or something. Either that or you're just weird when you're mad. Just accept the L and leave. I was talking about one simple thing. You then turn it into many different things. lol.

No, you came in here talking about banned substances in the NBA, not sports. You came in here asking if NBA players get tested regularly. After you found your answer you went on a rant about baseball assuming I was justifying PED use in baseball.

You trolled your own topic, not even knowing anything about the subject, and basically using the thread as a podium to bash baseball. Good for you, a ton of PED use in baseball, tell us something we don't know.

Please, I'll never in life take an L from the likes of you. The day I'm given an L by a dude who goes around spewing ignorant crap is the day I stop posting on NT. You don't even know what your own thread is about.

Last edited:
Rose said its a rampant problem. Then days later retracted. I'm sure he was told to shut up

Here it is for you again
Did baseball players took banned substances? yes or no? Is taking banned substances in sport consider cheating? Yes or no?
It's simple dude.
LOL. Like i said take a seat

Why not restart the thread and tell us how you really feel? This is all just a masquerade for you to bash baseball, cut the theatrics. You just want to bash baseball, nobody is stoping you, so why are you being so ambiguous? Baseball has a doping problem, whooptie-doo. Let's hear your dissertation now about how baseball isn't a real sport.

You come here and spew ignorance, act smug about it, and expect me to just sit there while you try and make me look foolish? Stop trolling.

Sorry if I come off harsh, but dude you really need to educate yourself, can get under a lot of people's skin by simply being ignorant. I'm sure you don't carry yourself in this manner in real life, I know you don't. Somebody would've put you on game a while ago.

Last edited:
Rose said its a rampant problem. Then days later retracted. I'm sure he was told to shut up

see OP? this here, is a real post, pertinent to the topic YOU initially started.

keep the train on its tracks.

I always found this argument interesting considering basketball. Is there any drug that could significantly help their performance?

Significantly? nah not really, could help you stay healthy and recover from injuries faster? Yes, that is where the true value lies imo.

Significantly? nah not really, could help you stay healthy and recover from injuries faster? Yes, that is where the true value lies imo.

And I personally don't understand why that's wrong. Where does the line between medicine and cheating get drawn?

no i just have something called common sense.
also, how about you do some basic research on steroids, HGH.
For ***** sake you thought the USDA oversaw these issues, that's why I prolly come off as an expert to you. You have ZERO clue as to what you're talking about, it's like you haven't EVER read an article about these issues.
You also know nothing about baseball, using stereotypes and generalizations to back your argument. **** here bruh. Don't tell me to take a seat when you're the one that needs to get a clue.
Baseball being predominantly non-contact has nothing to do with the power hitters need to generate to drive a long-ball, or the velocity a pitcher needs to generate to throw in the high 90s.
Sound so IGNORANT right now dude, and you have the audacity to sit there and act smug? You're a troll dude.

This is your post that derailed this thread. LOL

You began by calling everyone ignorant as if you're some sort of expert know it all guy lol. Regardless whether you're an expert of PED , HGH or not. Banned substance is banned for a reason.

You agreed with me that taking banned substances is cheating yet you still went on to talk about how ignorant i am etc to prove a point. That's why i said you're weird and take the L.

Just quit

No, you came in here talking about banned substances in the NBA, not sports. You came in here asking if NBA players get tested regularly. After you found your answer you went on a rant about baseball assuming I was justifying PED use in baseball.
You trolled your own topic, not even knowing anything about the subject, and basically using the thread as a podium to bash baseball. Good for you, a ton of PED use in baseball, tell us something we don't know.
Please, I'll never in life take an L from the likes of you. The day I'm given an L by a dude who goes around spewing ignorant crap is the day I stop posting on NT. You don't even know what your own thread is about.

I didn't troll my own topic. I have originally stated in the og post that the sport of baseball is a joke because of the numerous amount of doping. Why are you so mad though? That should be the new question. lol I bashed baseball because the player cheat and it's non contact. You took offense to that or what? It's really weird because you could have agree and f off instead you want to look smart by being technical.

This is your post that derailed this thread. LOL
You began by calling everyone ignorant as if you're some sort of expert know it all guy lol. Regardless whether you're an expert of PED , HGH or not. Banned substance is banned for a reason.
You agreed with me that taking banned substances is cheating yet you still went on to talk about how ignorant i am etc to prove a point. That's why i said you're weird and take the L.
Just quit

Nah didn't call anyone ignorant...

but you (and Memo, but that's not everyone, is it?)..

and no, you titled the thread in a manner that alludes to the NBA, but you open the page, and your true intentions come out...

You just think baseball isn't a "real" sport. My only mistake here is that I fed the troll. Not even going to continue to dignify this troll-job with a response.

Last edited:
i dont see how steroids would benefit basketball players... the object of the game is to put the ball in the basket... if your garbage then steroids cant change that... unlike baseball if you make contact with the ball its guaranteed homerun with steroids werd to bonds... imagine if jeter took steroids :wow:

i dont see how steroids would benefit basketball players... the object of the game is to put the ball in the basket... if your garbage then steroids cant change that... unlike baseball if you make contact with the ball its guaranteed homerun with steroids werd to bonds... imagine if jeter took steroids :wow:

rashard lewis begs to differ

Last edited:
what about increase in size and and height. Those would be relevant advantages, endurance, burst etc...

what about increase in size and and height. Those would be relevant advantages, endurance, burst etc...

I'm pretty sure steroids aren't going to make you taller, of bonds would look like yao ming. As far as size goes, most NBA guys don't want a lot of extra bulk. Carrying around an extra 15-20 pounds of muscle is gruesome on the knees during an 82+ game season. Kobe just lost about 15 pounds for the olympics/12-13 season for that specific reason. Clearly the dude wasn't fat.

If a guy is going to take steroids in the NBA, I would guess it's probably to accelerate coming back from an injury, or to help with muscle recovery. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be, so if there's someone more knowledgeable (are there any M.D.s on NT?) then please feel free to correct me.

Yep, came in here to post this article. Said it last year in May. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...-apparent-huge-steroid-problem?urn=nba,wp3662

NBA players are no doubt taking PED's. Billy Hunter or Derek Fisher of the NBPA probably got on the phone with D-Rose right after he said those comments just so new and improved drug testing wouldn't be part of the Lockout negotiations. As far as drug testing goes, in the NBA its cakewalk. USADA has nothing to do with the 4 major sports, the sports govern, rule, and administer the test's themselves. If the USADA was in control, half of players from the MLB, NFL, and NBA would be suspended.

Nah didn't call anyone ignorant...
but you (and Memo, but that's not everyone, is it?)..
and no, you titled the thread in a manner that alludes to the NBA, but you open the page, and your true intentions come out...
You just think baseball isn't a "real" sport. My only mistake here is that I fed the troll. Not even going to continue to dignify this troll-job with a response.

Thanks. It should have been like that on your first response. It's all cool bro.

Terrible post. PEDs would help you heal faster, stronger (longer range). The whole Bonds comment is pure Comedy it's obvious you don't watch baseball. Bonds was a HR hitter before the alleged "Steroid Use". Get your fact straight before you post.

I remember reading Canseco's book, he said if you don't have good hand-eye coordination (for hitting) taking PEDs would be useless.

And I don't see the point of basketball players taking PEDs (besides for injuries). Sure, you can be stronger in the post. But wouldn't that just lead to more charges?

Sidenote, OP, you the guy that said Nike > Adidas after those injuries in the playoffs?

Last edited:
There is no doubt that PEDs are rampant in the 'big 4' US sports. I've been a cycling fan for a long time and clearly there have been problems for really as long as the sport exists - but they are so visible (at least in the last 15 years or so) because cycling has a very comprehensive testing regime. The testing in the big 4 is laughable - as are the punishments if you're caught.

It's a bit like the Lance Armstrong problem - no-one wants to know because it makes a better spectacle.

Either, they need to start testing properly and have proper sanctions or just continue to ignore it but don't make out that they are clean. You can't have both.

Steroids don't just make everyone look bigger... it increases endurance, increases potential for muscle growth, increases testosterone etc.

There's so many ways to beat drug tests now. The general public have the wrong view of what steroids really is. If you're skinny and decide to take steroids, you're not going to suddenly blow up and look like Lee Haney. There are also many different forms of steroids, some are more powerful, and my guess is that a lot of NBA athletes are on SOMETHING. I really don't see a problem with as, as athletes will do anything and to gain a competitive edge, it is the way they make a living after all. 

Back
Top Bottom