Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

real life...

im from the bay, loved all the 90s stuff, celly cel, andre nick., the click etc etc

bruh but once macdre got on that thizzin steez, it all went down hill...

no one but bay area people know who the jacka is... and only mexican cats that think theyre hood like him (at least in my area)

BAY AREA HIP HOP IS WACK, team back pack is lame...

all these rappers that come out of the bay, try to be hood, and sound like or try to be like the jacka...

shark sinatra is the best one out right now and hes weak...

be on the look out for the dude from the town... his names earthly B hes coo... hasnt dropped much though.

real life...

im from the bay, loved all the 90s stuff, celly cel, andre nick., the click etc etc

bruh but once macdre got on that thizzin steez, it all went down hill...

no one but bay area people know who the jacka is... and only mexican cats that think theyre hood like him (at least in my area)

BAY AREA HIP HOP IS WACK, team back pack is lame...

all these rappers that come out of the bay, try to be hood, and sound like or try to be like the jacka...

shark sinatra is the best one out right now and hes weak...

be on the look out for the dude from the town... his names earthly B hes coo... hasnt dropped much though.

roll.gif
every video posted looks the same, and it's crazy, because the bay is a major music market.
Every artist in the country does shows there, and these cats pretend like they dont see.

roll.gif
every video posted looks the same, and it's crazy, because the bay is a major music market.
Every artist in the country does shows there, and these cats pretend like they dont see.

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

I can't take the bay area serious when it comes to rap anything relevant 

fixed 
grin.gif
          I hope you're not from Philly making that statement
roll.gif

We're only home of Cisco, Google and Apple and one of the biggest markets in the nation, not to mention the Giants are the current MLB champions.
You forgot about yahoo, oracle, intel, lucas films, and a bunch of other tech giants.  And white girl mobb is not a representation of the bay...that girl V-nasty gets on my nerves.  Birds that be on that tough %%%@ is annoying especially ones that be east oakland this east oakland that.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

I can't take the bay area serious when it comes to rap anything relevant 

fixed 
grin.gif
roll.gif

We're only home of Cisco, Google and Apple and one of the biggest markets in the nation, not to mention the Giants are the current MLB champions.
You forgot about yahoo, oracle, intel, lucas films, and a bunch of other tech giants.  And white girl mobb is not a representation of the bay...that girl V-nasty gets on my nerves.  Birds that be on that tough %%%@ is annoying especially ones that be east oakland this east oakland that.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

fixed 
grin.gif
roll.gif

Guy probably doesn't even know what Silicon Valley is 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

you need education brah

fixed 
grin.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

you need education brah

Originally Posted by j4ck

roll.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

you need education brah
QFT. Brah probably doesn't even know the computer he used to type that sentence was probably made in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by j4ck

roll.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

you need education brah
QFT. Brah probably doesn't even know the computer he used to type that sentence was probably made in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
Just now seeing this. There was a time when I was down to crusade but these days I'm more than content to let these sorry #@+!%# bathe in their ignorance.

I'll say this though, the Bay Area has had gangsta rap on lock in recent years.

LA and the Bay are consistently producing higher quality music than any other region, we don't get the recognition they've been getting lately down south but we've ALWAYS stuck to our own. 
It's great the two scenes are so different too, LA with that college/lifestyle rap and the Bay with the street @+@+.

The West has BEEN winning.
pimp.gif

True. But socal and norcal will never understand each other imo. I moved to socal from the bay and got comments like "Mac Dre aint a real rapper." Furril tho? Have they ever listened to his stuff? Hes top 10 in my list of rap artists.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
Just now seeing this. There was a time when I was down to crusade but these days I'm more than content to let these sorry #@+!%# bathe in their ignorance.

I'll say this though, the Bay Area has had gangsta rap on lock in recent years.

LA and the Bay are consistently producing higher quality music than any other region, we don't get the recognition they've been getting lately down south but we've ALWAYS stuck to our own. 
It's great the two scenes are so different too, LA with that college/lifestyle rap and the Bay with the street @+@+.

The West has BEEN winning.
pimp.gif

True. But socal and norcal will never understand each other imo. I moved to socal from the bay and got comments like "Mac Dre aint a real rapper." Furril tho? Have they ever listened to his stuff? Hes top 10 in my list of rap artists.

Bay Area music is non existent... No one relevant is making music out here. 
laugh.gif

Bay Area music is non existent... No one relevant is making music out here. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Sco cuddie1 wrote:
I'm from the Bay and I agree completely.

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

The Bay Area has not made good music in a LOONNNGGGG time.

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has consistently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.  It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.
Not to mention that EVERYBODY is a rapper now, and since 99.4% of them suck so bad, what are the odds you'll actually lend your time of day to discovering the 0.6% that can actually spit?

Sco cuddie1 wrote:

The Bay Area needs to move away from the E-40's, Too Short's, The Jacka's, Messy Marv's etc etc and make room for new rappers to shine.

THIS

I only listed the Jacka and Husalah cause they were the last rappers from the Bay I really liked
laugh.gif
 But im emo now so I don't really listen to gangsta music like that but I respect it. There really hasn't been any in between out here it's either your hyphy or your gangsta, or dirty backpack rappers
sick.gif

Besides the fact that E-40 has consistently made great music for 2 decades (minus an ill-advised foray into hyphy)
And when Mess wants to, nobody is f'n with him music wise.  It's not these dudes fault that a lot of the new people coming up out here just flat out suck.
Not to mention that EVERYBODY is a rapper now, and since 99.4% of them suck so bad, what are the odds you'll actually lend your time of day to discovering the 0.6% that can actually spit?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

*Puts on two flamesuits*

I'm lived in the Bay all my life, and I've never checked for dude.

Only dudes I was feeling was The Team, when they were still together, Clyde Carson when The Team broke up, and Ya Boy.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No disrespect....but outside of the Bay Area, who exactly is checking for E-40?

*Puts on two flamesuits*

I'm lived in the Bay all my life, and I've never checked for dude.

Only dudes I was feeling was The Team, when they were still together, Clyde Carson when The Team broke up, and Ya Boy.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Sco cuddie1 wrote:

THIS

laugh.gif
sick.gif

The amount of music Messy Marv puts out compared to the music he puts out that is actually good...he's hitting like .100 at most.

Back
Top Bottom