Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

IMO all the dope stuff out here 9 times outta 10 is gonna be some hood raps... so if thats not the rap your into, then the Bay aint for you.

and a question for the out of towners... is it hard to comprehend what is being said by the bay area rappers??

IMO all the dope stuff out here 9 times outta 10 is gonna be some hood raps... so if thats not the rap your into, then the Bay aint for you.

and a question for the out of towners... is it hard to comprehend what is being said by the bay area rappers??

Honestly if it dont sound like dipset or the lox I usually dont vibe with it

Im from Va 757 and I aint touched a radio in years

Honestly if it dont sound like dipset or the lox I usually dont vibe with it

Im from Va 757 and I aint touched a radio in years

Originally Posted by illniche22

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on
First of all ..pull the thong out your @ss its not that serious g ..second if you did your homework instead of getting booty tickled because someone is stating an OPINION you would know that most of the cats that get so called "put on" dont really get put on.. but it dont matter ill give you that even though they are just a bunch of relatives or homies of these guys..answer this besides e40 and too short how do you put someone on if you arent on to begin with? ...and it still dont excuse the fact that any of them have yet to make any major moves outside of the region besides lil b and kreayshawn which btw moved to L.A to make it...which is a shame and fyi I'm not mad noone is putting me on
laugh.gif
 ..i know a few of these dudes personally so if i wanted to i could easily get a cosign  honestly its not really that important to me because I'd rather make it on my own opposed to even having my craft associated with some of these guys ...that your slurping so tough btw ...so calm down and move away from this lost cause... people will still put the bay in the trash can when it comes to music unless someone with a totally diffrent style and image comes along..

That wasnt opinion though. you said they don't support new talent, which I said was wrong. The bay has unity, there hasn't been a big beef out here not involving Messy Marv in hella long, these artists are always showcasing new young talent. Fab put on Roach Gigz by hosting his mixtape, Heiroglyphics welcomed Gully into the compound and let him work with them in their studios, Jacka put Stalin on The Jack Artist, and presented Joe Blow's mixtape. Thats how you can get put "on" And all of those names are big here, I could give a %#$% if people know them outside of the bay because i know that people write off the music and artists here without even listening to it.

Different style and image?? why do they got to switch it up? its no different than the style and image presented by rap in the south and east coast. I'm sorry its not soft bubblegum rap for you to listen to on the radio. And I didnt know you were so well connected in the game. Good luck making it on your own

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on
First of all ..pull the thong out your @ss its not that serious g ..second if you did your homework instead of getting booty tickled because someone is stating an OPINION you would know that most of the cats that get so called "put on" dont really get put on.. but it dont matter ill give you that even though they are just a bunch of relatives or homies of these guys..answer this besides e40 and too short how do you put someone on if you arent on to begin with? ...and it still dont excuse the fact that any of them have yet to make any major moves outside of the region besides lil b and kreayshawn which btw moved to L.A to make it...which is a shame and fyi I'm not mad noone is putting me on
laugh.gif
 ..i know a few of these dudes personally so if i wanted to i could easily get a cosign  honestly its not really that important to me because I'd rather make it on my own opposed to even having my craft associated with some of these guys ...that your slurping so tough btw ...so calm down and move away from this lost cause... people will still put the bay in the trash can when it comes to music unless someone with a totally diffrent style and image comes along..

That wasnt opinion though. you said they don't support new talent, which I said was wrong. The bay has unity, there hasn't been a big beef out here not involving Messy Marv in hella long, these artists are always showcasing new young talent. Fab put on Roach Gigz by hosting his mixtape, Heiroglyphics welcomed Gully into the compound and let him work with them in their studios, Jacka put Stalin on The Jack Artist, and presented Joe Blow's mixtape. Thats how you can get put "on" And all of those names are big here, I could give a %#$% if people know them outside of the bay because i know that people write off the music and artists here without even listening to it.

Different style and image?? why do they got to switch it up? its no different than the style and image presented by rap in the south and east coast. I'm sorry its not soft bubblegum rap for you to listen to on the radio. And I didnt know you were so well connected in the game. Good luck making it on your own

Look ..those names are big here youre right ...but whats the point of doing the music thing if nobody but your hood knows it? people will continue to write off the music simply because everyone sounds the same..how many rick ross' or gucci manes you know that are on nationwide successfully doin it?...but i bet i can name a few mistah fab's and jacka's or even east coast cats that literally have that dipset or freck or papoose syndrome trying to get nationwide acceptance cmon it wont happen.. did you notice that "Joe Blow" sounds dead on jacka?... or that "Roach Gigz" is pretty much a mexican mistah fab?...cmon g...I get that you want to stick up for the region but its honestly no use if nobody cares to hear..you literally gotta come from left field to get noticed here

Look ..those names are big here youre right ...but whats the point of doing the music thing if nobody but your hood knows it? people will continue to write off the music simply because everyone sounds the same..how many rick ross' or gucci manes you know that are on nationwide successfully doin it?...but i bet i can name a few mistah fab's and jacka's or even east coast cats that literally have that dipset or freck or papoose syndrome trying to get nationwide acceptance cmon it wont happen.. did you notice that "Joe Blow" sounds dead on jacka?... or that "Roach Gigz" is pretty much a mexican mistah fab?...cmon g...I get that you want to stick up for the region but its honestly no use if nobody cares to hear..you literally gotta come from left field to get noticed here

Type of Bay Area rap I like and listen to. I don't know about any of this "hyphy, thizz face" rap music movement and new Bay rap folks are arguing about.

Type of Bay Area rap I like and listen to. I don't know about any of this "hyphy, thizz face" rap music movement and new Bay rap folks are arguing about.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

jacka-tear-gas-swtbrds.jpg

My favorite album from out there. But the new school bay (I guess just those troll rappers coming out) is straight up wack.

My favorite album from out there. But the new school bay (I guess just those troll rappers coming out) is straight up wack.

for the most part... way too many wack rappers out here for me to wanna sift through to find a good one... Probably because our weed is so good we're smoking ourselves silly

for the most part... way too many wack rappers out here for me to wanna sift through to find a good one... Probably because our weed is so good we're smoking ourselves silly

Originally Posted by Peep Game

IDK about that Young Gully, J Stalin and Livewire Records, D-Lo, Sleepy D and Joe Blow been keeping $%@$ lit and they definitely aren't wack.

Back
Top Bottom