Does water cause yellowing on icy bottoms?

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Dudes actually clean the bottom of their shoes???

For pairs i dont wear very often, i definitely clean the bottoms. I dont sit and scrub them. but i wipe them down with my shoe towel and hot water. And pop out any rocks in the treads.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Dudes actually clean the bottom of their shoes???

For pairs i dont wear very often, i definitely clean the bottoms. I dont sit and scrub them. but i wipe them down with my shoe towel and hot water. And pop out any rocks in the treads.

hmm. been wondering what i should do with the bottoms of my DB 3's.. i'll take some of this into consideration. interesting/controversial topic hah.

hmm. been wondering what i should do with the bottoms of my DB 3's.. i'll take some of this into consideration. interesting/controversial topic hah.

I see a few heads using bath bar soap... Sup with that? You guys get better results using a bar of soap over a good dish soap? Im thinking the bath bar soap might be a "lighter" soap and therefore easier to rinse and wont leave any residue?

I see a few heads using bath bar soap... Sup with that? You guys get better results using a bar of soap over a good dish soap? Im thinking the bath bar soap might be a "lighter" soap and therefore easier to rinse and wont leave any residue?

I don't think there would be a problem cleaning with h20.. As long as you dry them out afterwards.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Originally Posted by KenJi714

does the paper in the box have anything to do with the yellowing process ?
I believe/have seen that it can cause discoloration of some midsoles (foam/rubber based... don't think I've ever seen any plastic parts become discolored, but you never know).  I see no reason why it couldn't potentially have the same effect on clear soles if it is doing this to the midsoles of some shoes.  However, I don't think the paper has any way of causing "global" yellowing of the entire sole... it would possibly only affect the direct area that it is touching.

I would remove all of the paper, because I opened up one of my boxes today and one midsole was completely yellowed while the other one was still white. Do not keep the shoes "wrapped up" in the paper, it DOES cause damage.

Does anyone know if the paper (stuffing) does anything to the shoes?

I believe/have seen that it can cause discoloration of some midsoles (foam/rubber based... don't think I've ever seen any plastic parts become discolored, but you never know).  I see no reason why it couldn't potentially have the same effect on clear soles if it is doing this to the midsoles of some shoes.  However, I don't think the paper has any way of causing "global" yellowing of the entire sole... it would possibly only affect the direct area that it is touching.

I would remove all of the paper, because I opened up one of my boxes today and one midsole was completely yellowed while the other one was still white. Do not keep the shoes "wrapped up" in the paper, it DOES cause damage.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

So the best way to store them is in a big ziplock with silica gel packs in the shoebox?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

So the best way to store them is in a big ziplock with silica gel packs in the shoebox?

I will wait for someone with more experience to answer your question, but from now on I will just keep my shoes in the box alone without any paper. I wouldnt suggest silica unless you know what you are doing. I want to hear more detailed advice from someone who knows though.

I will wait for someone with more experience to answer your question, but from now on I will just keep my shoes in the box alone without any paper. I wouldnt suggest silica unless you know what you are doing. I want to hear more detailed advice from someone who knows though.

Back
Top Bottom