Dog days of baseball, whose your MVP/Cy Young thus far?

AL:

MVP:
1st:
mark-teixeira1.jpg

2nd:
joe-mauer.jpg

3rd:
morneau.jpg

Al Cy Young:
1st:
070517_JoshBeckett_vmed_widec-778082.jpg

2nd:
halladay_pose_getty_400.jpg

3rd:
felix-hernandez.jpg

NL:
MVP:

1st:
pujols-machine.jpg

2nd:
hanley%20ramirez2.jpg

3rd:
pan1.jpg

Cy Young
1st:
tim-lincecum.jpg

2nd:
1151867513_9318.jpg

3rd:
3lfWyGHI.jpg

who you got?

AL Cy Young

Zach Greinke
Felix Hernandez
Roy Halladay

AL MVP

Joe Mauer
Mark Teixeira
Chone Figgins

NL Cy Young

Tim Lincecum
Chris Carpenter
Josh Johnson

NL MVP

Albert Pujols
Hanley Ramirez
Matt Kemp

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

AL Cy Young

Zach Greinke
Felix Hernandez
Roy Halladay

AL MVP

Joe Mauer
Mark Teixeira
Chone Figgins

NL Cy Young

Tim Lincecum
Chris Carpenter
Josh Johnson

NL MVP

Albert Pujols
Hanley Ramirez
Matt Kemp
I'm sorry, but you really think Greinke is still the Cy? He hasn't been the Cy since his first 10 starts.

Beckett is the clear Cy in the AL.

And no mention of Haren in the NL?

AL Cy Young
1. Beckett
2. Halladay
3. Felix

AL MVP
1. Tex
2. Morneau
3. Cabrera

NL CY Young
1. Lincecum
2. Wainwright
3. Haren

NL MVP
1. Pujols
2. Pujols (Hanley)
3. Pujols (Lincecum)

yea i figured pujols and lincey were the only unanimous decisions really at this point..Beckett is leading, but will depend on how he finishes

Originally Posted by Statis22

AL Cy Young

1. Beckett

2. Halladay

3. Felix

AL MVP

1. Tex

2. Morneau

3. Cabrera

NL CY Young

1. Lincecum

2. Wainwright

3. Haren

NL MVP

1. Pujols

2. Pujols (Hanley)

3. Pujols (Lincecum)

agree with this dude ...........

As of 8/16/09

A.L. MVP- Mark Teixeira
A.L. CY Young- Josh Beckett

N.L. MVP- Albert Pujols
N.L. CY Young- Tim Lincecum/Dan Haren (The edge going to Lincecum)

How in the world is Beckett leading or the "clear" Cy? Halladay has an ERA a half run lower, a lower WHIP, lower OBA, more complete games, and a K/BBratio twice as good. Greinke has an ERA significantly lower, more complete games, more K's, and only slightly worse WHIP and OBA. Greinke and Beckett are atoss-up, but Halladay should be the "clear" Cy. Anyways...

AL MVP
1. Tex
2. Mauer
3. Crawford

AL Cy
1. Halladay
2. Greinke
3. Beckett

NL MVP
1. Pujols
2. Hanley
3. Fielder

NL Cy
1. Lincecum
2. Haren
3. Johnson

laugh.gif

greinke is no longer in the cy young discussion...josh beckett's stat > greinke's considering where beckett pitches. greinke hasn't beenanywhere near what he was the first couple months of the season. halladay i can completely understand being there.

If the Twins were playoff bound I'd say Mauer, but there not, so I won't. Probably Teixeira for AL MVP.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

How in the world is Beckett leading or the "clear" Cy? Halladay has an ERA a half run lower, a lower WHIP, lower OBA, more complete games, and a K/BB ratio twice as good. Greinke has an ERA significantly lower, more complete games, more K's, and only slightly worse WHIP and OBA. Greinke and Beckett are a toss-up, but Halladay should be the "clear" Cy. Anyways...

AL MVP
1. Tex
2. Mauer
3. Crawford

AL Cy
1. Halladay
2. Greinke
3. Beckett

NL MVP
1. Pujols
2. Hanley
3. Fielder

NL Cy
1. Lincecum
2. Haren
3. Johnson

This man knows his baseball

Two great months? The guy has given up more than 3 earned runs a whopping three times all season. Only once since mid June. Beckett has given up more than 3 earned runs six times this year, and twice since mid June.

Two great months? The guy has given up more than 3 earned runs a whopping three times all season. Only once since mid June. Beckett has given up more than 3 runs six times this year, and twice since mid June.

Really?
laugh.gif
I didn't know that. Regardless though, despite a good run for the season, his first two months was impeccable and that might skew how he ranksin the Cy Young discussion. I have no problem with him being second, cause that's basically worthless anyway, but playing on a losing team combined withonly having 11 wins are two categories that really hurt him.

How in the world is Beckett leading or the "clear" Cy? Halladay has an ERA a half run lower, a lower WHIP, lower OBA, more complete games, and a K/BB ratio twice as good. Greinke has an ERA significantly lower, more complete games, more K's, and only slightly worse WHIP and OBA. Greinke and Beckett are a toss-up, but Halladay should be the "clear" Cy. Anyways...

Preach.

Roy>Zack>>>>anyone else.

**** with that Beckett nonsense.

American League:

Most Valuable Player: Joe Mauer
Cy Young: Zack Greinke
Rookie of the Year: Andrew Bailey

National League:

Most Valuable Player: Albert Pujols
Cy Young: Tim Lincecum
Rookie of the Year: J.A. Happ

Mauer's power numbers aren't that far off from Teixeira's, and he has 100 less at-bats. Oh yeah, and he's batting .375...

As far as Greinke goes, apparently, people stopped paying attention.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

American League:

Most Valuable Player: Joe Mauer
Cy Young: Zack Greinke
Rookie of the Year: Gordon Beckham Elvis Andrus

National League:

Most Valuable Player: Albert Pujols
Cy Young: Tim Lincecum
Rookie of the Year: J.A. Happ

Mauer's power numbers aren't that far off from Teixeira's, and he has 100 less at-bats. Oh yeah, and he's batting .375...

As far as Greinke goes, apparently, people stopped paying attention.
Yep.

Beckett being a clear pick over Greinke...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Zach Grenkie is still the Cy Young but as a Blue Jay fan I'm going to take this opportunity to be a homer.

ROY HALLADAY FOR CY YOUNG.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AL MVP: Joe Mauer
NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL CY Young:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NL CY Yong: Tim Lincecum

AL ROY: Andrew Bailey
NL ROY: Dexter Fowler

Neftali Feliz could win it if he gets a lot of saves and the Rangers win the wild card.

Can't imagine Feliz logs enough innings to qualify... What's the limit? Or is there one?

I know you lose rookie eligibility after 50 innings or whatever...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Can't imagine Feliz logs enough innings to qualify... What's the limit? Or is there one?

I know you lose rookie eligibility after 50 innings or whatever...
I don't think there is one, but the person who wins ROY is usually who ever has the most momentum and press leading up to it.

Morneau>>>>>>Texiera, I don't care if his team isn't as good, he is basically doing better in every category.

Back
Top Bottom