DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND they still won't win a damn thing.

They'll need more than an ancient Shaq to win a chip.
that ancient shaq put up 18 and 9 and was 3rd team all nba. and dwight aint gonna run all over Z or short midgets. no need to double dwight nextyr. theyre going to the finals AT LEAST.

indifferent.gif
90% done...
ohwell.gif

so the lineup will be
Mo Williams
Delonte West
LBJ
Z/Anderson V. ?
Shaq/Z ?

will shaq or big Z be coming off the bench or will they push Z to the PF and let varejao come off the bench ?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

That's all the Suns could get for Shaq?

They couldn't even get back #30? Disgraceful.
laugh.gif
you think cheap $%* sarver wants to pay out guaranteemoney for a 1st round pick. phoenix is having a fire sale this offseason.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

that ancient shaq put up 18 and 9 and was 3rd team all nba. and dwight aint gonna run all over Z or short midgets. no need to double dwight next yr. theyre going to the finals AT LEAST.
They might not have to double Dwight, but this still doesn't solve their matchup problems with Rashard and Hedo, you telling me that Z'sold self is going to have to defend one of them
sick.gif
Not to mention unless they get a bigger guard, they still gonna have matchup problems with Orlando andBoston as well assuming KG comes back.

It will be interesting to see if this closes some of those driving lanes for Bron to come rambling down, hope he's working on his jumpshot this summer.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

that ancient shaq put up 18 and 9 and was 3rd team all nba. and dwight aint gonna run all over Z or short midgets. no need to double dwight next yr. theyre going to the finals AT LEAST.
They might not have to double Dwight, but this still doesn't solve their matchup problems with Rashard and Hedo, you telling me that Z's old self is going to have to defend one of them
sick.gif
Not to mention unless they get a bigger guard, they still gonna have matchup problems with Orlando and Boston as well assuming KG comes back.

It will be interesting to see if this closes some of those driving lanes for Bron to come rambling down, hope he's working on his jumpshot this summer.

Throw the MLE @ Charlie V and get Posey from Charlotte and I'll be happy

Cavs need a solid defensive wing and a tweener big man.

Get a backup PG in a stacked PG draft

JD617 wrote:
Shaq - Phoenix Suns trainers = '08 Miami Heat Shaq?
nerd.gif

That's what I am wondering. I know some folks say the cavs won't win anything but come on now....

Kobe just got his 4th ring....You don't think Shaq would do whatever he could to help lebron get his first and Shaq's 5th which would be one more thenKobe?

I know what shaq can do when he is hungry. Mo had one bad series. The experience will help him and he will be much better next year. I think this can and willwork. This will help them with Boston and Orlando.

Let's see what happens.

We still need taller, athletic wings...Orlando is still gonna run circles around us from 3-point line with or withoutShaq.

Shaq will have to prove me wrong cuz I really don't see this putting the Cavs over the top.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif
shaq don't command double teams no more, I don't wanna call dude useless, but would he really be an upgrade over big Z? As far as I know shaq can't step out and hit a mid range/3pt bucket
You really believe this?

I could've worded it better, but what I was trying to say was at this point in their careers IMO I don't think shaq would be THAT much of an upgrade(ifany) over Z
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Lets hope they get a better guard while their at it who can ALWAYS hit open shots...

Not just during the season when its not as much pressure...
let's hope not...
grin.gif

Lebron will not be able to stat pad as much
laugh.gif

wowowowowow

what up Outacontrol!

yeah this isnt superman shaq anymore but seriously, hes still an upgrade over useless ben wallce. ben couldnt even dunk anymore. if he was a horse, hed havebeen shot.

im excited to see shaq in town.

and yeah, here come the laker sigs checkin in

Shaq used the Suns' training staff to get himself back into shape. This to me, doesn't mean %**!. If Boston is healthy, Cavs are nothing next year.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

They might not have to double Dwight, but this still doesn't solve their matchup problems with Rashard and Hedo, you telling me that Z's old self is going to have to defend one of them
sick.gif
Not to mention unless they get a bigger guard, they still gonna have matchup problems with Orlando and Boston as well assuming KG comes back.

but the reason they couldn't recover to the shooters was b/c they had to double/triple dwight all the time, and that made the perimetermatchups even worse. im sure they will live with hedo doing everything rather than tripling dwight and giving up open 3s all day.

Z will be off the bench. shaq can play 25-30 mins in the reg. season splitting time with Z and take big minutes only when play teams with centers ala dwight oryao.

the reason they lost to orlando was b/c they had to focus too much on dwight, WAY TOO MUCH.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

That's all the Suns could get for Shaq?

They couldn't even get back #30? Disgraceful.
laugh.gif
you think cheap $%* sarver wants to pay out guarantee money for a 1st round pick. phoenix is having a fire sale this offseason.

Yeah, that's the disgraceful part
smh.gif

Isn't drafting rookie contracts financially better than overpaying in the free agency market? I thought Sarver would know this by now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom