DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

For Wallace and Pavlovic?

Nicely done Cavs!

If shaq stays healthy i dont see how this trade would not put Cavs over the top..

Although i would rather see them go for Hedo.. or some bigger guards/shooters

kerr just inching closer to getting axed. Shaq back in the East (that just means he's coming back to the lakers in the west the next year to retire). wellat least he'll be in the playoffs, i'm not sure in what kind of shape by the end of the season.

Time to blow up Phoenix.

So this is the best the Suns did trading away Matrix?

Fire Kerr smh

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND they still won't win a damn thing.

They'll need more than an ancient Shaq to win a chip.
that ancient shaq put up 18 and 9 and was 3rd team all nba. and dwight aint gonna run all over Z or short midgets. no need to double dwight next yr. theyre going to the finals AT LEAST.
They might not have to double Dwight, but this still doesn't solve their matchup problems with Rashard and Hedo, you telling me that Z's old self is going to have to defend one of them
sick.gif
Not to mention unless they get a bigger guard, they still gonna have matchup problems with Orlando and Boston as well assuming KG comes back.

It will be interesting to see if this closes some of those driving lanes for Bron to come rambling down, hope he's working on his jumpshot this summer.
but the reason they couldn't recover to the shooters was b/c they had to double/triple dwight all the time, and that made the perimeter matchups even worse. im sure they will live with hedo doing everything rather than tripling dwight and giving up open 3s all day.

Z will be off the bench. shaq can play 25-30 mins in the reg. season splitting time with Z and take big minutes only when play teams with centers ala dwight or yao.

the reason they lost to orlando was b/c they had to focus too much on dwight, WAY TOO MUCH.
but it really didnt matter if they did recover cause peitrus lewis and turk were easily knockin down 3's over the cavs small guards

A motivated Shaq could not play any type of defense with the suns.
laugh.gif
@people thinking he can guard Dwight or KG 1 on 1

Cavs fans will proclaim themselves world champions after a 10-0 start

now they have Shaq, Z, and Varejao to defend quicker big men like Turk, Lewis, KG, etc

the cavs need to do more if they want to at least make the finals

man no ones sayin Cavs will win the title, we just wanna get better than last year. Shaq > Ben wallace who cant dunk and sasha who never got off the bench.

all ill say is we did not get worse in the past 24 hrs.

we still need some parts here and there but im happy w the trade. bookmark it chester, i did too.

Originally Posted by got shoes

They still getting bounced out of the playoffs. Shaq slows the game down
do u even watch the cavs? they were a halfcourt team to begin with. and letting go 2 useless players are not hurting them. i think they'll getto the finals. but they still need a taller wing to win it all.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

We still need taller, athletic wings...Orlando is still gonna run circles around us from 3-point line with or without Shaq.

exactly, we should of not went after Shaq, I personally feel we are wasting Ben Wallace's future expiring contract, we could get possibly get something somuch better with all the potential free agents ( why didn't we go after RJ???)

we might as well add A.I. and V.C.
laugh.gif
too, actually to be honest, Iwouldn't mind V.C. even with his lack of D, he brings some height and a scoring option at the 2 guard

a move strictly to prepare for Magic... Definitely a steal for the Cavs. I think Amare wouldve done them miracles, but Shaqs not bad either.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

kerr just inching closer to getting axed. Shaq back in the East (that just means he's coming back to the lakers in the west the next year to retire). well at least he'll be in the playoffs, i'm not sure in what kind of shape by the end of the season.
No chance in hell of that happening as long as 24 is still in LA.

Also Broussard said PHX is trying to trade Amare too, Kerr might as well start clearing out his office.

I think getting Chandler would have been a better deal from a basketball perspective even though he has a longer contract, but we are talking about the cheapSuns here.

Shaq cant guard D12 tho...he'll foul out.

I just dont see this being a good move unless Shaq comes to play FOREAL.

Originally Posted by knightngale

A motivated Shaq could not play any type of defense with the suns.
laugh.gif
@ people thinking he can guard Dwight or KG 1 on 1

Cavs fans will proclaim themselves world champions after a 10-0 start

now they have Shaq, Z, and Varejao to defend quicker big men like Turk, Lewis, KG, etc

the cavs need to do more if they want to at least make the finals
dwight has very little post game, but yet looked like hakeem v. Z. as long as shaq can body him, and dwight get his 17-18 and 10, they'll beatthe magic. they couldn't b/c dwight put up 26 and 13 v. them in round 3.

shaq never guarded KG. he'll guard perkins.

anything is possible with lebron james.

They got him for nothing basically. See if they can swing some more trades or pick up a backup PG in the draft.

Great trade for the Cavs.

Rest Shaq for most of the season, increase his minutes in February/March/April and have him in tip-top form for the start of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Fun fact: Shaq is now the 3rd tallest building in Cleveland.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Fun times in Cleveland todaaaay. Still Clevelaaaand.

If there ends up being a Laker/Cavs Final...I predict murder/death/kill all throughout this forum.

Im not sure if this is going to help the Cavs much, but they gave up nothing to get Shaq so I'd say its a good trade

Back
Top Bottom