Drake @ Love 5/16??

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

I'm too old for that BS. I'd be in a smooth summer Khaki suits and I'd be surrounded by thousands of lil N's looking like Lil Wayne or some other boi-lookin' rapper with nut-hugger jeans and big *** sneakers on. And the lil broads, I'd be getting my Kells on. No Lil Coochie-on-Fire harlots for me.

I'm going to chapter meeting, damn that. 18 & up
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

What am I gonna do with that?

Ian, your pedo *** really don't need to be in there either, ole Dirty Uncle lookin' N'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iCan

cop a table...

imma slide thru
if negros trynna get up let me know....

im up in there....got passes and #@$+...

this sucks that it 18 and up.

dc's aid rate ftl.

if yall rolling thru hit me via pm. dimez. i may need a reup on the passes for my folks.

18 and up...

Translation = 15 and up for females with fake i.d.

[T.I.] "I'm straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaight."

I stop hanging around high school parties after my senior year in high school.

Will be slammed packed though. Have fun.

I will never be able to shake the joanin' of spending the night of my 29th birthday at an 18 and up event.

I'm not even opening up that for blast through UPTOWN.
laugh.gif

40 bucks, They can kick rocks. Thats the same price they charged bammas to get in during Inauguration, and New Years Eve with free drinks. I thought we wasin a recession, how bammas just got $40 to drop for a bamma that only got two songs and one of them is a feature. This dude is getting paid to perform mixtapesongs. That's what is hot in the streets?

Secretly looking for a hookup onthem passes to freak on sum 18 and up butt.
nerd.gif

oh wait let me clarify cause i just got pms and stuff....im not giving out passes to everyone...my homeboy hooked my up with tickets so imma slidethrough....so no pms. thanks

Ian, i'll hit you on the gchat today and let you know whats good.

Originally Posted by ICUP

40 bucks, They can kick rocks. Thats the same price they charged bammas to get in during Inauguration, and New Years Eve with free drinks. I thought we was in a recession, how bammas just got $40 to drop for a bamma that only got two songs and one of them is a feature. This dude is getting paid to perform mixtape songs. That's what is hot in the streets?

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Secretly looking for a hookup on them passes to freak on sum 18 and up butt.[/color]
nerd.gif
personally i think dude is over hyped way to early....dude got skills...i like him better then most these new artist...like asher, kudi,wale...but def overhyped on just a mixtape

but girls love dude.period

anyone over 25 is only going cause they know what the ratio is.....
pimp.gif

IM going to see the performance. Got peoples coming into town that wanna check him out also.

afterwards im going to a party UPTOWN off delafield.

IM going to see the performance. Got peoples coming into town that wanna check him out also.

where's tommie with that shaq pic???!?

ian would buy the cd and say he copped it for his sister....naw im just bs

i want to check out the performance too...dude def got skillz.

Originally Posted by dimez81

i want to check out the performance too...dude def got skillz.
http://blog.muchmusic.com/drake-sound-academy-photos/

[h2]Drake @ Sound Academy - Photos[/h2]
May 14th, 2009

051409-drake-8.jpg

Drake. Drizzy. Young Lion. Aubrey. Call him what you like, but don't call him an up-and-comer - the dude is already a star. How else do you explain asold-out show at Sound Academy for an unsigned artist? How else do you explain 2300 people spending $40 A POP, clamoring to see an artist who has yetto drop an album? Up-and-coming, please. Drake is already here.

To be purposely corny, you could feel electricity in the air before the show kicked off. Drake calls Toronto home and this was his hometown crowd, chantinghis name 45 minutes before he appeared. The tiny backstage was sardined with supporters including Kardinal Offishall, everyone anxious to see what could oneday be spoken of as a legendary event.

With confidence in his step (and a fresh pair of Yeezys), Drizzy bounded onstage to thunderous applause and the opening bars of "Congratulations".From there, he gave the crowd a bit of a history lesson, powering through a few of his earliest tracks ("this is how it all started!"), throwing hisleather jacket into the crowd and then bringing out Bun B of UGK for "Uptown" (later, local rapper Page joined Drake to perform "I'm StillFly").

Sticking mainly to his So Far Gone mixtape with some earlier material thrown in for spice, Drake proved to his hometown that he's more thanjust hype. Right now the stage formula is simple: DJ, Drake, a smile. He's already toured with Lil Wayne and collaborated with the likes of Kanye and Jay-Z. He's already got asummer tour lined up with Jay, Wayne and Young Jeezy. Despitethe self-assured flow and strut, his stage presence still exudes a humbleness that emanates from someone who is astonished by his own success. But whensomething happens this fast and this organically, wouldn't you be too? One day, when he's got a full band behind him and his swagger speaks of a manwho has sold millions, 2300 of us can say that we saw how it all started.

But about the crowd - I think I was expecting more? After seeing the incredible footage fromHouston, I was almost certain that his own hometown would show somewhere near the same level of mania. Not to say it was a bad crowd - there were somesing-a-longs (the room went bananes when he dropped the "Unstoppable" Remix .. "my name is Drizzy!") and a whole lotta love - but I guess Iwas hoping for something bigger. I can't discredit the fact that the place sold out, and the pre-show line-up was intense .. but Toronto needs to getlouder and start dancing more!

The show was short and powerful, with a whambam playlist including "Successful", "Best I Ever Had", "City Is Mine", "SayYou Will", "Ignant +!*+" and "November 18th", but the encore was a little off. Drake came back to pandemonium when he dropped"Every Girl", only to sift through a handful of songs in a random fashion - he'd start a track but then stop dead in the middle to move on to thenext. But I was so stoked to be there that it didn't even matter to me (seriously, I had been waiting months for this. Look at my Lastfm stats and tell meI'm not obsessed):

051409-drake-lastfm.jpg

You can bet I'll be at the Jay-Z/Lil Wayne/Drake/Young Jeezy show if itrolls through Toronto - add Yeezy to the bill and it's one step closer to being a dream.

PS: I was lucky enough to roll with the News team before the show, when Sarah interviewed Drake backstage! There are some photos here from the interview, aswell as the show (from a backstage perspective… I went to the floor to take some from the audience too, but it was so jammed that I couldn't budge anywhereclose to the stage!). I'm bummed that I didn't have my SLR, but I managed with a point & shoot thanks to my hero Zack!

http://blog.muchmusic.com/wp-content/gallery/drake-sound-academy/051409-drake-4.jpg

i got a message on facebook saying the 40 tickets don't guarantee access to the performance but you'll get to see him on stage??? the hell is that? igotta pay 80 to see him perform?

its 40 for reggie tickets
80 for vip tickets
basically the vip joints get you close to the concert
i have a table on stage.
so if any of yall in there you will prolly see me

i was talking to someone tonight and told me they was charging 80 for vip tickets....that f'in ridic...thats jayz prices....

and if yall know how love works...regardless is you spend 80 and its packed they will close entry to the floor. its a gamble. wrist band and all.

if you dont know people or the promoters your out of luck at that point. and they dont care cause they already took your money

Sticking mainly to his So Far Gone mixtape with some earlier material thrown in for spice
Oh, this bamma is really gettin paid to perform a mixtape.
smh.gif
Ihave a feeling his performance will be on like 25mins long, and we'll be waiting for him about an hour.
i was talking to someone tonight and told me they was charging 80 for vip tickets....that f'in ridic...thats jayz prices....

and if yall know how love works...regardless is you spend 80 and its packed they will close entry to the floor. its a gamble. wrist band and all.
I know LOVE aint even going to be all that because if I pay $40 better yet $80 I better be freakin on massive butt, and see a show, but all thebitties going to be waiting by the doors to bum rush the second floor when it opens up so they going to be standing around. I'm sittin this one out, unlessmy mans come through with some free passes. This recession has got me making wiser business decisions with the little bit of funds that i do have.

Capitalizing on his opportunity.

Music today ain't about quality, its the engine pushing you.

Props to him/his team for being smart and strategic enough to get it on during an initial peak and spotting his demographic.

All these young kats sound the same to me, so it'll be interesting to see how history is written with these dudes.

No one thinks long term anymore.

cant fade it. $40 for a rookie performance, bamma that's concert prices. the women were the ONLY reason i was on the fence about this.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

cant fade it. $40 for a rookie performance, bamma that's concert prices. the women were the ONLY reason i was on the fence about this.

HAHA...HOMIE GONNA BE DOING THE DOUGIE AND STANKY LEGG....CHECK OUT WORLDSTARHIPHOP.COM

well let me rain on yall parade slightly or give you reason to be on your STRATEGIC for tomorrow night.

There is a corporate event that is taking place @ the spot from 6p-10p.

They "plan" to clear out the whole spot between 10p-11p.

Doors WONT! open for the Drake set BEFORE 11p!

So if you going and plan on getting there early....you may wanna rethink that upgraded ticket lol.

Oh, and OKIE street will be blocked off. Please carpool if you plan on going early.

How many of yall are going? It sounds like most of yall are bashing love, drake or both.

Originally Posted by RedMan

How many of yall are going? It sounds like most of yall are bashing love, drake or both.

I think people are just bashing the idea of dropping 40-80 for some young dude at a venue they wont be able to really party at

RedMan wrote:

I'm bashing both.

I hate on everything.

Happy?

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom