Dressing Better Vol 2.0

511 Leg openings are narrower than the Alpha Khaki as well...

Sidenote: Anyone notice that LEVIS (webshop) has ceased calling 511's "skinny" and 510's "super skinny"? 511's are now called "slim" and 510's "skinny", which IMO more accurately reflects the fits... I've worn 511's for 4-5 years now and never felt they were "skinny's" in the painted-on sense (as many people mistakenly seem to think, and could be due in large part to this self-imposed "skinny" designation). I know many of my friends that refused to buy them BECAUSE they were labeled as "skinny's" ( My boys would be like, "I aint wearing skinny jeans, those are for chicks..." and so on...)

I guess it depends on the person, but I tried on a pair of 511s and they were way too tight. I went up to a size 34 and even then, too tight.

Sorry for the spam but honestly, who can help a brotha out?

I'm basically looking to replace my trusty gap selvedge denim (still gonna repair though) with a nicer brand. I'm looking at the levels of APC, nudie, n&f , etc. What would y'all recommend for a $80-125 range. Really never spent more than $40 on denim before so please if you can find me the deals lol
 Adrian, check your PM. I might be able to help you out.

Questions bros,

Haven't been to a wedding since I was 10 or 12.

Now I'm 23 and I'm actually gonna be a groomsmen for a wedding in mid-August. Of course we have our tux's designated for the actual ceremony but is it OK to change into a different suit for the reception? I'm guessing no, but I just wanna check with you guys..

I got that 30% off email too. Of course after I copped me those Tron sneakers da night before smh. I just copped my momma a bday present so hopefully ill have a 25 credit to stack w da disco

Questions bros,

Now I'm 23 and I'm actually gonna be a groomsmen for a wedding in mid-August. Of course we have our tux's designated for the actual ceremony but is it OK to change into a different suit for the reception? I'm guessing no, but I just wanna check with you guys..
Absolutely not. Remember, every minute detail of a wedding is preplanned (including your attire as a groomsman). Changing from the predetermined tux into your own ensemble would be rude and thoughtless of you, even at the reception.

Questions bros,

No cause you may still need to take pictures.

Last edited:
It looks brown, but in the description it says it's Loden Green? When I add it to the cart, it also says Green in the description.

What do you reckon WIs? You're more experienced than I.
I'd go with the color on description. Green is a very versatile color. I was tempted because of the color myself. A small should be good on you.

Questions bros,

It would look bad on your part imo cause you would be behaving in a manner as if it were your wedding.

Last edited:
Questions bros,

If you don't have to take any more pictures afterwards I say go for it,change into something appropriate obviously..I've been in a few weddings and always done this the reasons being that they have all been outdoor Summer weddings so it's hot enough as is and I've always been sloppy drunk by the time the reception rolls around and don't want to ruin the tux.....

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll keep looking around and shopping for the best deal for now with the denim. Your insight really did help. Esp, Rob. Good looking out on pointing me in the right direction pare.

Here's my fit for today. Yeah, wingtips would have made more sense being that it was casual but I wanted dark brown. Sue me 8)

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll keep looking around and shopping for the best deal for now with the denim. Your insight really did help. Esp, Rob. Good looking out on pointing me in the right direction pare.

Here's my fit for today. Yeah, wingtips would have made more sense being that it was casual but I wanted dark brown. Sue me 8)

sup, my tie knot too big. :tongue:

srs though. is that too big, guys? it looks like it to me, but I'm not an expert on this.

those the cliftons right? I have some in black. they a sleek and sexy shoe :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom