Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks fellas! Will post picks as I get them. I got super sick about two hours or so before the ceremony and was stretched out for a good portion of the reception, being tended to by one the doctors that was invited. He said vertigo, stress, fatigue, dehydration, the heat and lack of sleep all combined to put me down. It was terrible, but my wife took it so gracefully.

Adrian, you're Gucci but you'll have to pay a $50 deductible.

Also, congrats Sasha :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Ended up being $60 since I had to go to Verizon to replace my SIM card as well :\ whatever though. At least it's swapped

For a formal wedding, brown brogues, wingtips or captoes with a light grey suit?

also, can i go burgundy/maroon with the shoes or keep it tan-brown?

I have a couple pairs of n&f. Slim guy is on the more relaxed side. You won't like it. Weird guy is a slim taper as well as skinny guy. The only issued I have with n&f on gilt is that they don't describe the denim well. N&f offers lots of different weights and wefts and adds other little tidbits to their jeans. Gilt does a poor job of letting you know specifically what you are getting. Size down 1-2 if you do end up getting a pair

For a formal wedding, brown brogues, wingtips or captoes with a light grey suit?

also, can i go burgundy/maroon with the shoes or keep it tan-brown?
Of those choices captoes. If its really that formal though I would go with a darker suit

Sorry for the spam but honestly, who can help a brotha out?

I'm basically looking to replace my trusty gap selvedge denim (still gonna repair though) with a nicer brand. I'm looking at the levels of APC, nudie, n&f , etc. What would y'all recommend for a $80-125 range. Really never spent more than $40 on denim before so please if you can find me the deals lol

Last edited:
A,

Karmaloop actually carries N&F....go find some codes and see how much you can drop the price.

I copped mine at Barneys before discovering KL has them (moreso because i havent been on KL since the LRG days)

How do alpha khakis fit compared to 511s?
I have alphas and had 511s a few years back. I don't remember exactly so correct me if I'm wrong guys but I think alphas are just a tad looser in the calf. But they are perfect IMO! I buy a 30x30 at 5'10", 165lbs and I'm set!

511 Leg openings are narrower than the Alpha Khaki as well...

Sidenote: Anyone notice that LEVIS (webshop) has ceased calling 511's "skinny" and 510's "super skinny"? 511's are now called "slim" and 510's "skinny", which IMO more accurately reflects the fits... I've worn 511's for 4-5 years now and never felt they were "skinny's" in the painted-on sense (as many people mistakenly seem to think, and could be due in large part to this self-imposed "skinny" designation). I know many of my friends that refused to buy them BECAUSE they were labeled as "skinny's" ( My boys would be like, "I aint wearing skinny jeans, those are for chicks..." and so on...)

Back
Top Bottom