Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Leaving for work at 5:45 :x
You should move closer to the school you work at. All my HS teachers came in like 10 minutes before the first period that they teach begins

That would mean moving into the city which my wife don't care to do, already lived in the city and it's not worth it. We live about an hour or so away and the difference in lifestyle is different, very different. Plus I don't believe in getting to work 10 minutes before my class starts, hour at least so that I can get things set up. We love what we do so it's worth it for us.

Rain messed up today's fit pic:

However, more thrifting was had. Scooped these park ave's for my dad ($2.95) and this givenchy polo for myself. Yeah, its not crazy top notch givenchy quality or whatever but I don't want to hear it. I paid $1.50 8)

Honestly, after that talk about altering polos, I might end getting the mid section taken in on this thing as well.

has anyone had to have indochino completely redo their suit?

do you send them pictures & pinpoint the problem? or do you just measure out what needs to be fixed?

i just tried on my suit & the jacket seems to be too short, vest is tight, jacket is tight, sleeves are too short.. i will provide pictures tomorrow for some suggestions when someone is around to take pictures for me.

also, what is the general rule on how a jacket should fit around your midsection?

has anyone had to have indochino completely redo their suit?

do you send them pictures & pinpoint the problem? or do you just measure out what needs to be fixed?

i just tried on my suit & the jacket seems to be too short, vest is tight, jacket is tight, sleeves are too short.. i will provide pictures tomorrow for some suggestions when someone is around to take pictures for me.

also, what is the general rule on how a jacket should fit around your midsection?

Beat y'all to the punch...lol

Send them both new measurements, such as how much longer the sleeves need to be, how much more you need in terms of width for both the jacket and vest and how much more in length to add to the jacket.

Send them pictures of how it currently fits so they can see what you mean. Send them pictures of a jacket that you have that you like how it fits so they can see what you want. There should be little to no pulling on the jacket in the midsection or little to no "X" when you button it.

How are the trousers? I had to get my jacket remade, the shoulders were to wide the jacket itself was too wide, did exactly what I outlined above and they got it right the 2nd time.

can anyone help me identify the style of this shoe, and who makes a pair just like these?

i guess it's a loafer that looks like a prince albert slipper...but anything more specific would be helpful.

can anyone help me identify the style of this shoe, and who makes a pair just like these?

i guess it's a loafer that looks like a prince albert slipper...but anything more specific would be helpful.

Wholecut tassel loafer? (My best guess, that's what i'd call them)
I don't think it's a style that the more affordable brands often make. More of a high end style so proposing an affordable option may be tough.

Last edited:
Wis and A :pimp:

Clean bros

Indeed :nthat:

both. Is there a reputable brand?

The ones I have are called Trafalgar, they seem nice

Trafalgar is extremely reputable when it comes to braces. They have some amazing designs. I have a several pieces from the International Society of Brace Collectors Collection and they always seem to get compliments although I can see how they may be viewed as a bit gaudy to the non-DB type.

Barneys warehouse has some pretty nice stuff marked down an extra 30%
Downfall is that it's final sales so you need to know for sure whatever you buy will fit you. I've made a few mistakes with some cops from there. Upside is that my Xmas shopping is done :lol:

Thanks for the compliments, dudes :pimp:

Yeah that's why I'm passing on some pants because I'm 100% sold on them. Just sticking with outwear

Hey guys I have a sizing question. I'm going to purchase this parka but it comes in European sizes. 50, 52, 54, 56. Which one of these are the same as a Large?

Hey guys I have a sizing question. I'm going to purchase this parka but it comes in European sizes. 50, 52, 54, 56. Which one of these are the same as a Large?
EU or IT? Those sizing sounds too large for EU to me.

Also, sizing isn't universal FYI and differs widely upon certain brands.

I'll take APC as an example. I have a coat in a small. I fit into their size trucker jacket in a large, medium didn't even zip up. For their sweater a medium is a good fit on me. I do my due diligence and try on multiple brands at Barmeys to dial in my fit and I'm still not sure on some of the stuff online :lol:

Ah okay it may be IT then. I just assumed it was EU.
Here's the link to the jacket (link), I can't really follow the fit guide. I'm usually a 42 or 44 in jackets, and this size chart says that 42-44 is a 52-54 in IT. So I have no idea which size to actually pick, there aren't any measurements of the jacket that I can find anywhere

I'm actually going to hold off on that one. I want one a bit longer....site wont let me checkout anyway so it's a sign :lol:

Last edited:
Ummm you guys might want to jump on this! Allen Edmonds for 39.98, apparently they're rebranded Fifth avenues made exclusively for Jos A Bank. Order came out to 60 bucks shipped

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_299318
if it doesnt work out can they be returned or is this a final sale? i didnt see anything on the website but discounts that steep usually mean final sale, i think
ohwell.gif

Ummm you guys might want to jump on this! Allen Edmonds for 39.98, apparently they're rebranded Fifth avenues made exclusively for Jos A Bank. Order came out to 60 bucks shipped

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_299318

if it doesnt work out can they be returned or is this a final sale? i didnt see anything on the website but discounts that steep usually mean final sale, i think :\

Are we ire that's not some error, I'm about to order a pair but I 96% sure it'll be cancelled :lol:

Back
Top Bottom