Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Want to make a black suit more casual, don't wear a tie.
White pocket square optional.

That picture looks weird. The jacket seems to be pulling a bit but the shirt wants to say in relaxed which is going against the wide peak lapel :lol:

That picture looks weird. The jacket seems to be pulling a bit but the shirt wants to say in relaxed which is going against the wide peak lapel :lol:
The proportions are off. Dude looks like he is going to bag a bridesmaid after a friends wedding.

is that jason statham?
no.

tom ford (gucci etc)...

which makes some of the responses quite ironic.
How so? A bad fitting suit is a bad fitting suit despite of the price point. There's no doubt Tom Ford suits are some of the best out there but from the picture, the waist compression is too great especially for the wide lapels he's known for.

It's not ill-fitting though, that has always been the style of his suits, including the break on the pants and the wider leg opening with straight cut.

I think I would trust the designer most when it comes to his own suits and how it is intended to be worn just like Thom Brownes suits are meant to be cropped.

Nas starts his own clothing line with Grungy Gentleman, HSTRY
More streetwear(fashunz?) side of things so I'll spoiler it.

Last edited:
It's not ill-fitting though, that has always been the style of his suits, including the break on the pants and the wider leg opening with straight cut.

I think I would trust the designer most when it comes to his own suits and how it is intended to be worn just like Thom Brownes suits are meant to be cropped.
thus the irony, critiquing the creator of the style you worship not realizing what he was going for....

Last edited:
How so? A bad fitting suit is a bad fitting suit despite of the price point. There's no doubt Tom Ford suits are some of the best out there but from the picture, the waist compression is too great especially for the wide lapels he's known for.

bruh, thats actually Tom Ford The designer.....not his suit...lol...well the suit might be his own, i really dont know..

• 1995: International Award – Council of Fashion Designers of America
  • 1997: People  Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People
  • 1999: Style Icon Award – Elle  Style Awards UK
  • 2000: Best International Designer – VH1/Vogue  Awards
  • 2000: Fashion Editors Club of Japan Award
  • 2000: British GQ  International Man of the Year Award
  • 2000: Superstar Award – Fashion Group International
  • 2001: Womenswear Designer of the Year – Council of Fashion Designers of America
  • 2001: Best Fashion Designer – TIME Magazine
  • 2001: Designer of the Year – GQ  USA
  • 2001: Board of Directors Special Tribute – Council of Fashion Designers of America
  • 2002: Accessory Designer of the Year Award for Yves Saint-Laurent  – Council of Fashion Designers of America
  • 2003: Fashion Design Achievement Award – Cooper-Hewitt Design Museum's National Design Awards
  • 2004: Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Award
  • 2004: International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame
  • 2005: André Leon Talley  Lifetime Achievement Award – Savannah College of Art & Design
  • 2006: Accessory Brand Launch – Accessories Council  Excellence (ACE) Awards [sup][25][/sup]
  • 2007: GLAAD Media Awards  – Victor Russo Award
  • 2007: DNR's Person of the Year
  • 2008: Menswear Designer of the Year – Council of Fashion Designers of America
  • 2009: Honored as one of GQ  USA's Men of the Year
  • 2009: GQ  Germany Man of the Year
  • 2010: Menswear Designer of the Year – Council of Fashion Designers of America (Nominee)
  • 2013: Named one of the 50 best-dressed over 50s by the Guardian. [sup][26][/sup]
tom ford

yeah safe to assume his suit didnt fit like that by accident or lack of propper fit knowledge....lol

thus the irony, critiquing the creator of the style you worship not realizing what he was going for....
Cool, man. You got me. I never really paid attention to the pictures since I can't afford his suits at the moment. I've just read that the canvasses used for for his jackets are some of the best in the biz, and how the true Tom Ford fans disliked the suits provided in the latest 007 film :lol:

It would be interesting to see the pricing for Nas's line.

Edit: for the LA dudes, Epaulet is opening a store in Santa Monica in case you want to try stuff on prior to ordering. I'm pretty stoked about this, especially for footwear.

Last edited:
I noticed a few things in the current Urban Outfitters sale that are discussed in here a lot so I figured I'd post some links. There seem to be some good discounts.

Alpha Khakis for $30
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23072309&parentid=SALE_M

Knit bowtie $8
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=19368562&parentid=SALE_M

Levis Bleached Trucker Jacket sz. XL $40
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=24566820&parentid=SALE_M

There is also a variety of levis/jeans and different camo pants on sale and some other goodies worth checking out if you like the style of clothes sold at Urban Outfitters.

Nice to see more NTers posting than usual today...
What other brands of shoes are comparable to red wings?

Also, I'm really into Diesel shorts and True Religion jeans based on how they fit my awkward body. Any recommendations on similar fits?
That doesn't really give us an idea of fit though, hopefully you don't mean bootcut TRs.

No, more like twisted flares...

:nerd:

Any recs on shoes with lifetime guarantee/replacement/warranty???

Shoes with lifetime warranty? :lol: never heard of such a thing. Why would any company offer this? Footwear wears down over time, bro. It doesn't matter how expensive it is.

Shoes with lifetime warranty? :lol: never heard of such a thing. Why would any company offer this? Footwear wears down over time, bro. It doesn't matter how expensive it is.

http://www.llbean.com/customerService/aboutLLBean/guarantee.html?pcd=SUMMER10

LL Bean Engineer Boots or any of their other footwear/products

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/4946...neer-boots&attrValue_0=Brown&productId=848549

Still hoping for a black pair of those Katahdins....they really raised the price on those since I bought them. It retailed for like 140 when I bought my pair

Back
Top Bottom