Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Does anyone know where I can get Polo Ranger Boots (in brandy) for less than $170?  The summer music festivals took my last pair...

Hey, you replied! :lol: :smile:

I tested the Fly Knit Lunars out at the gym and they are 1000% better than the Frees. Completely worth the extra $60.

I wasn't gonna let a "little" mud stop me from seeing Nas and Kanye.

I lost the sole on the right shoe somewhere around the porta-potties and kept walking.

At least I was the flyest dude in the (shin high) mud pit 
frown.gif

Best bet is to sign up for that Amazon Shoe email list posted on the last page. It gives you 20% off.

Last edited:
What messenger bag do you guys recommend for just every day use around school and such?

Looking at this Herschel,

http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/messenger-bags/products/mill-messenger-black
I've read the quality on that brand is inferior. I had a J. Crew one in school before I started working. It was bought on deep discount. It did its job and never ripped until the day I gave it away. I wouldn't use a messenger bag if you plan on loading it with lots of stuff though because the strap, unless its soft nylon, will ruin the shoulder on your jacket and it will put lots of stress on your shoulder which may cause pain. I usually only travel light with that. For heavier loads I use a briefcase.

What's the best way to shine up a pair of black burnished leather shoes? I've been reading mixed opinions, some say neutral polish and some say no.

What messenger bag do you guys recommend for just every day use around school and such?

http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/messenger-bags/products/mill-messenger-black
What is your price point. Jack Spade makes great items.

What's the best way to shine up a pair of black burnished leather shoes? I've been reading mixed opinions, some say neutral polish and some say no.
I would just pay someone

FILSON!

Where the **** am I?

You can’t see me.

That’s right.

Fort made of Filsons.

I’m buried under here.

With your girl.

Told her she “might as well have the best" [emoji]8482[/emoji]

She agreed.

While you’re out at flea markets trying on dead people’s clothes,

I’m in my fort playing make-believe.

Make believing I’m not on that next level Cookie Crisp.

Make believing I’m not breakin’ owls’ necks when I’m out all night steezing.

Make believing I’m not your favorite blogger.

Never gonna grow up.

Wearing my forest green Macky Cruiser.

No ****ing pants on.

Fly as ****.

Call me Patina Peter Pan.

So ****ing fly.

In my fort made of Filsons.

Word. I would email Polo to see if they would swap you a new pair so they can put that in a museum or something. Glad to see items being used though :pimp:

They gonna put them things in the tenement museum. Looking like they came out of a time capsule from the 1800's :x

To follow up on my Carven shirt ripping, they replied saying the shirt was meant to be hand washed. I took a pic of the care tag and sent it to them. It doesn't mention hand wash at all. It even states dry clean is possible. The dry cleaners will just toss the shirt in a washing machine as well. They never replied so that left a really bad impression with me. The brand is on my avoid list now.

Really tempted to try those Kamakura oxford shirts. What fits do you guys recommend, also they don't seem to carry many sizes. I'm usually a 16.5/36 and they're very sparse on their site

i shoulda hopped on that hershel duffle on da nordy anni sale.

i like their novel duffel model cuz its got that shoe compartment.

lmk if yall see em on sale

Herschel bags are horrible quality. Speaking from experience..I had a backpack and a duffle. I used the duffle lightly and one of the straps broke after about 6 months.

guys remind me do ranger boots fit true to size?  i cnt remember what size i went with with mine.

also how do AE's fit?  I see there are different shoe widths.  What's the break in time for them?  I've been working on breaking in a cheapish but good looking pair of steve maddens for months and my heel cant take anymore (part of the reason i'm considering stepping up to a better shoe.)

Any recs on a solid tailor in Long Island, NY?

489 Chestnut St
Cedarhurst, NY 11516

(516) 374-2473 is the phone i think

it's like 2 minutes away from the cedarhurst stop on the lirr

Really tempted to try those Kamakura oxford shirts. What fits do you guys recommend, also they don't seem to carry many sizes. I'm usually a 16.5/36 and they're very sparse on their site

You'll probably want to size up on the shirts. I'm wear a 14.5/S in Kent Wang shirts (which are already a lot slimmer than normal shirts) and I'm went for a 15 in kamakura because the 14.5 probably would've been too small after a wash and the sleeves on the 14.5 were too short for me.

Last edited:

Herschel bags are horrible quality. Speaking from experience..I had a backpack and a duffle. I used the duffle lightly and one of the straps broke after about 6 months.

I can't speak about use but I had ordered a Herschel Walton duffel and even though it was only $100, I returned it because I wasn't impressed with the quality, didn't seem like it would hold up well.

Back
Top Bottom