Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I used to live down the street (central ave) from here.  are they a particularly good tailor?

489 Chestnut St
Cedarhurst, NY 11516

(516) 374-2473 is the phone i think

it's like 2 minutes away from the cedarhurst stop on the lirr
You'll probably want to size up on the shirts. I'm wear a 14.5/S in Kent Wang shirts (which are already a lot slimmer than normal shirts) and I'm went for a 15 in kamakura because the 14.5 probably would've been too small after a wash and the sleeves on the 14.5 were too short for me.

Doesn't seem that far from me.. 25 min drive. Are they priced fairly? Is it a dry cleaner tailor or a specialized tailor shop?

About 2-3 months I got some pants hemmed, but the tailor I went too in my opinion did a very bad job. The hem is very sloppy and uneven, is this something that can be fixed?

When it comes to tailoring the more skilled ones usually aren't the cheapest. If you have a nice piece I would pay more for superior tailoring skills.

Doesn't seem that far from me.. 25 min drive. Are they priced fairly? Is it a dry cleaner tailor or a specialized tailor shop?

About 2-3 months I got some pants hemmed, but the tailor I went too in my opinion did a very bad job. The hem is very sloppy and uneven, is this something that can be fixed?
You can have the hem fixed if you don't mind the pants being a bit higher.

You can have the hem fixed if you don't mind the pants being a bit higher.

I totally agree, and wouldn't mind that.. the hard part is just finding a reputable tailor.

When it comes to tailoring the more skilled ones usually aren't the cheapest. If you have a nice piece I would pay more for superior tailoring skills.

How much fabric do you think will have to get sacrificed? .5 to an inch? or a little more?

Wondering if in-house retailers will do offer outside tailoring? Like SuitSupply's in house tailor? :nerd:

Last edited:
^I think half inch should be enough. They'll just fold back up to ensure the pants are straight and resew the hem.

Yesterday at a frat brother's wedding..

AE strands for 179 on amazon. that is super cheap

I missed out on this deal :smh: I need a new pair of Walnut's too

There has to be at least 90% of members on here with at least a pair of AEs :lol:

AE's are very addicting. I'm thinking of getting the fifth ave's in Bourbon

Any recs on a solid tailor in Long Island, NY?

There's a decent tailor out in Great Neck. His name is Anotoly. If you google him, he's the first hit. Dude has a small shop, but he does quality work. It's just a ***** to get out there if you don't have a car.

^ thanks for the recommendation.  Yelp says he's great too.  I'll check him out.

I'm thinking of getting a photographer suit i bought and had to wear off the rack tailored.

I know the sleeves need to be shortened a little bit, and the jacket maybe taken in at the waist some, but what do you guys think about the pants? (i know the photo is bad, bear with me.)

No need to say anything about the shoes 
laugh.gif
 I forgot the pair I'd planned on wearing and had to stick with the loafers i wore on the drive up.

Also does anyone know the answer to my Polo Ranger Boots question? Do they fit true to size (i cant remember if I went a 1/2 size down)?

I'll try to get pics of that and also of a 3 button Hugo Boss suit I can't decide if I should have tailored too.  

I know 3 button suits for anyone shorter than 6'5" are out of fashion.

I must be the only one who posts in this thread but don't own a pair of AE

I used to live down the street (central ave) from here.  are they a particularly good tailor?

489 Chestnut St
Cedarhurst, NY 11516

(516) 374-2473 is the phone i think

it's like 2 minutes away from the cedarhurst stop on the lirr
You'll probably want to size up on the shirts. I'm wear a 14.5/S in Kent Wang shirts (which are already a lot slimmer than normal shirts) and I'm went for a 15 in kamakura because the 14.5 probably would've been too small after a wash and the sleeves on the 14.5 were too short for me.

dry cleaner & tailor shop

You should probably call for pricing. I had a MTM suit made by Andrew Lock and he told me that was his tailor so I don't think they'll be that bad. You can always have an old piece of clothing you dont care about taken to them for a test before getting the better stuff tailored.

Last edited:
ok 

damb any suggestions w a cool shoe compartment?

looking for spmething like a cordura nylon 

or heavy canvas

something more rugged

I missed out on this deal :smh: I need a new pair of Walnut's too
AE's are very addicting. I'm thinking of getting the fifth ave's in Bourbon
There's a decent tailor out in Great Neck. His name is Anotoly. If you google him, he's the first hit. Dude has a small shop, but he does quality work. It's just a ***** to get out there if you don't have a car.

I must be the only one who posts in this thread but don't own a pair of AE
dry cleaner & tailor shop

You should probably call for pricing. I had a MTM suit made by Andrew Lock and he told me that was his tailor so I don't think they'll be that bad. You can always have an old piece of clothing you dont care about taken to them for a test before getting the better stuff tailored.

Thanks for the info.. I'll check both out

Woke up with a cold today so I decided to go to Nordstorm and cop the AE Dalton's to make myself feel better. I was in between a 10.5 and 11 but when I tried both on, the 10 was the right move. So happy I went in person because I would have ordered 10.5 online :smh:

Since it seems like everyone in this thread has them, we should all wear our Dalton's when we have our #DBNT Lunch for 25 :lol:

Woke up with a cold today so I decided to go to Nordstorm and cop the AE Dalton's to make myself feel better. I was in between a 10.5 and 11 but when I tried both on, the 10 was the right move. So happy I went in person because I would have ordered 10.5 online :smh:

Since it seems like everyone in this thread has them, we should all wear our Dalton's when we have our #DBNT Lunch for 25 :lol:
Hahahah. I thought I was bad. My man went shopping to cure his cold!

Mych, glad you hit the store to figure it out. Solid pickup and hope you feel better!

Melo! Solid pickup man. Those were my first pair of AE's and I love them to death!

Rob and Jimmy, your PS's have been sent! And Rob, nice pick up on that suit. Brand?

Back
Top Bottom