Dressing Better Vol 2.0

A Couple Thrift Pick ups.

Gucci

Awesome rack there J! Decided since I know I'm leaving next week/the week after I don't care if I over dress haha, ended up rocking the 3 piece finally today :D

Then swung by a thrift shop (of course). Ended up scooping all of this for $25.74

PS (cut up a silk scarf) and Banana Republic shirt are for me:

Kenzo shirt is for sale:

And the rest were picked up for the homie Serg:

just out of curiosity for you guys that carry bags daily......................what do you carry in them?

I don't carry mine daily...well I would if my internship allowed us bringing our personal laptops. But I'll use this for school mainly, it's big enough for my laptop and books.

Nice pickups, Grizz. That valet will surely come in handy.

TypeRPinoy: I say go for it, man. I'm guessing you don't rock the IWC to work because it might get banged up around your office (hospital?) but the Orient I have has been a workhorse so far. Rarely have to reset it.

Damn nice pickups Jason and Adrian :smokin

I scored a Corneliani tie yesterday but struck out hard when I went to a different place today.

Think I'm gonna have to go closer to DC and hope some congressmen donate their ties to a goodwill when they no longer use them :lol: smh

Damn nice pickups Jason and Adrian :smokin

I scored a Corneliani tie yesterday but struck out hard when I went to a different place today.

Think I'm gonna have to go closer to DC and hope some congressmen donate their ties to a goodwill when they no longer use them :lol: smh
Persistence is key famb.

Envious of all of you guys. Only decent brand I've ever found in a thrift shop here is RL Polo, and I already have too much of that.
Instead of thrifting I've been using ebay a lot more lately, I've bought some really nice stuff. Zanella and RLBL pants. I feel like a lot of people don't know what they have either because I've seen some pieces that retail for hundreds of bucks going for less than 100 and it's brand new.

^^ yeah I feel like a large majority of people don't recognize certain high quality brands... they put a premium on RL, Gucci, Dior or other really well known ones but sometimes some lesser known brands can slip through the cracks :smokin

hell yeah man. i just recently bought a brand new Billy Reid sweater and it was still in the packaging and everything even had the price tags on it. Retail for 375 I paid 80 for it

Same here, man. I planned on buying a Rolex GMT II last year but wouldn't wear it much so I haven't copped yet.

Sounds like you about to get hitched. RIP to another member.
frown.gif
It's a vicious cycle. I was planning on getting a GMT BLNR ($10k OTD) but then I realized that $10k for a GMT is absurd and for another $2k I could get an AP ROC. Then I came to my senses and realized I'm not in a position to drop $12k on a watch right now, so now I'm looking at Submariners (as ubiquitous as they are - although I think I'm leaning towards either the LV or no-date model). I never thought shopping for a watch could be this stressful. 

..So auto or bust guys?

For an everyday watch go with quartz. All my watches are quartz, granted I'm not a huge watch guy in the sense that I don't care about it being a big name. My watch list consists of Kenneth Cole (x2), a Coach one, Bulova and Timex.

I'm already a dead man walking. I just act like I'm living.

Tell me about it :lol:

Awesome rack there J! Decided since I know I'm leaving next week/the week after I don't care if I over dress haha, ended up rocking the 3 piece finally today :D

Then swung by a thrift shop (of course). Ended up scooping all of this for $25.74

PS (cut up a silk scarf) and Banana Republic shirt are for me:

Kenzo shirt is for sale:

And the rest were picked up for the homie Serg:

Thank you sir!

Not sure if this belongs here, but anyone know of a good alternative to these? All I can get my hands are are freebies from the company

It's a vicious cycle. I was planning on getting a GMT BLNR ($10k OTD) but then I realized that $10k for a GMT is absurd and for another $2k I could get an AP ROC. Then I came to my senses and realized I'm not in a position to drop $12k on a watch right now, so now I'm looking at Submariners (as ubiquitous as they are - although I think I'm leaning towards either the LV or no-date model). I never thought shopping for a watch could be this stressful. 
I guess I'm just not a serious watch hobbyist. My expensive watch to date is my IWC that I bought when I turned 25 or so. It cost $8k. I think I've worn it like 5 times max. I plan on buying nicer pieces when I get older. I only really want 3 more...the GMT II, PAM 000, and JL Reverso. Probably going to acquire them throughout the next decade. Unlike others who collect them and sell older ones, I keep my watches, down to the my first Swatch that my mom got me for making all As for the whole year. I see them as reflection point in my life. But right now...meh. It can wait.

I can't remember the NT'er who posted about the Danner Mountain Light Overton Boots but do any of you have experience with the brand or that exact pair of boots?

Back
Top Bottom