Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If you have the bread or will to spend, look into Tricker's. Their Country Collection is awesome.
Man, when HoH in Beverly Center had gauranteed tickets ALL DAY, I couldn't make it. I was gonna go after work, but size 9s were all taken, and of course 8.5s and 9.5s were still available :lol:

The quality of the recent retros I bought felt the same as the older ones I had in high school and college, circa 2002-2005.

Today:

Damn, you might have been fine going down to the 8.5. I heard they fit the same as the 07 version, which i sized down .5 for. I actually did that for all Jordans besides the 1, which I actually sized up .5 for.

If you already accounted for that, yea I can see why you didn't size up to 9.5. The shoe is bulky enough already, no need to make your feet look even bigger :lol: I think the bulk might have been the reason I sized down all those years ago, I'm not really sure :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, you might have been fine going down to the 8.5. I heard they fit the same as the 07 version, which i sized down .5 for. I actually did that for all Jordans besides the 1, which I actually sized up .5 for.

If you already accounted for that, yea I can see why you didn't size up to 9.5. The shoe is bulky enough already, no need to make your feet look even bigger :lol: I think the bulk might have been the reason I sized down all those years ago, I'm not really sure :lol:
I've gone true to size on everything so far. I guess the only pair I could've sized down .5 on were the 5s. I'll try my luck on Saturday :smile:

Wow, this thread has really picked up, great to see that!

Just got back from my vacation and I must say all of the DBNT family has to schedule a pilgrimage to Paris sooner or later. I was expecting many well dressed people, but I was blown away. The amount of well dressed gentleman and mademoiselles were astounding, I think 60-70 % of the male population wear a suit 24/7. :lol: It was easily much better than Milan in my opinion and coming back to central Europe, well it's an astounding difference. Haven't been to NYC for a few years, so I can't talk on behalf of the Great Apple.

Great fits, plenty of inspiration and this isn't even about all the brand names. Although it seems that everyone budgets out a pair of high quality shoes (Church's is very popular) and an Hermes tie. Quick tip, if you're planning a visit, July is when to go, it's the month of sales in the city and this means pretty much anything and everything will get an in store discount (except Louis V., those bags just miraculously fly off the shelves...:D).

Great stuff, as well as in this thread. Nice fits guys. And I do wish someone would come up with something genius against sweating, I mean it's been nearing 100, my poor man nightfly, I hear its even worse in Bucharest...

Damn this thread has me spending money like crazy. I've lurked in here for a minute - some of you have a great sense of style. I wear a suit every day to work and have def jacked some of the styles in here :lol:

Going to Bangkok Saturday gonna see my tailor get some new shirts made, and a couple suits as well :pimp:

got this in from SuitSupply yesterday and absolutely LOVE IT!http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-NapoliThe 48 fits me, and the suit looks beautiful in person, imo. Im actually really surprised how well the pants fit and only will need a hem. The jacket feels really good, and although I could probably use a little bit of room when buttoned, I couldnt ask for any better off the rack I dont think.Having said that, I am looking for shoe recommendations: I have my heart on some walnut colored, and I really have my eyes on AE Strands. Darn you #DBNT. What do you think about those with that suit? Have other recommendations?Do they usually sell Strands at AE outlets? That price tag is a little steep for me.

Damn this thread has me spending money like crazy. I've lurked in here for a minute - some of you have a great sense of style. I wear a suit every day to work and have def jacked some of the styles in here :lol:

Going to Bangkok Saturday gonna see my tailor get some new shirts made, and a couple suits as well :pimp:

Where are you going? You should be OK with the shirts. With the suits, you need to really explain to them how you want as most are not that great looking. Bring pictures if you have to. A lot of popular makers, even the ones for celebs and affluent, either make the suits too tight or too loose here or there.

got this in from SuitSupply yesterday and absolutely LOVE IT! http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...ts&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Napoli The 48 fits me, and the suit looks beautiful in person, imo. Im actually really surprised how well the pants fit and only will need a hem. The jacket feels really good, and although I could probably use a little bit of room when buttoned, I couldnt ask for any better off the rack I dont think. Having said that, I am looking for shoe recommendations: I have my heart on some walnut colored, and I really have my eyes on AE Strands. Darn you #DBNT. What do you think about those with that suit? Have other recommendations? Do they usually sell Strands at AE outlets? That price tag is a little steep for me.

Glad you finally found a suit for your wedding man :nthat:

Also, do you think the strands in walnut will look nice with that suit I posted?

I personally think the Walnut AE Strands would look really good with that. As it has been mentioned, you won't find them cheaper than the Anniversary sale at Nordstrom so make sure to cop before August 5th.

Where are you going? You should be OK with the shirts. With the suits, you need to really explain to them how you want as most are not that great looking. Bring pictures if you have to. A lot of popular makers, even the ones for celebs and affluent, either make the suits too tight or too loose here or there.

Peninsula Tailors, over by the Four Seasons. I've heard Raja's is good too but never been. Peninsula Tailors made me two suits already and I like the fit (although they put a heavy lining in a linen suit smh which I have to get removed). Prices are reasonable and they do a quick turnaround which is important since I don't live in BKK.

You're Thai right? Any good recommendations?

Glad you finally found a suit for your wedding man
nthat.gif

I personally think the Walnut AE Strands would look really good with that. As it has been mentioned, you won't find them cheaper than the Anniversary sale at Nordstrom so make sure to cop before August 5th.
thanks bro! With the window panes, I feel like its a little more unique, which is more my style anyway! Gonna be rockin a navy blue bowtie too, I am really hyped! My fiance was laughing cause I was so excited when she got home about my suit lol

Back
Top Bottom