Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^^ I don't think those look baggy at all Wes, the one pic you're moving but from the side profile I think they're perfect width for you

The helllll ya talkin bout!?...I wouldn't give up our short lived 3 months of summer in NYC for a chance to be able to layer more clothes...there is more to life than just "dressing better" bruhs!

Different locations man, it isn't even about fashion at times but in NYC and snow, I can understand you disdain for layering. But here in CA, scorching 95-105 degree weather isn't something I can get comfortable with. I wish I could live by the beach and just enjoy the sun and cool breeze everyday but sadly I don't and I am sweating by simply driving from one place to the other and in Cali, you spend half your life driving. :lol:

Also keep in mind that 55-60 degrees is considered fall/winter here. :D

Got a remote for my camera today and messed around with it once I got home. I keep going back and forth on getting these pants tappered or not. When I wear them they look fine, but in pics they look like they could use one.

The 1st pic looking like you're about to march toward the cameraman (I realize there isn't one) and beat his ***. :lol:

Anyway...it's kinda tough to tell how well the pants fit when you're either in motion, pulling on them with your hands in the pockets or the pic cuts off mid calf, especially if you want opinions whether they need to be tapered. Post better pics!

Nice patio though. :pimp:

army trainers from Epaulet:

Pretty sure they'll be in high 200s though so you might as well as wait for a sale on MMMs from different sites

Its a waxed field jacket. They can be pricey. Start here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=wax...Jj4zMA.O&fp=c3a28d2aba86af35&biw=1180&***=327

Check Gap around fall time. I've seen many similar styles to that m-65 look but can't find one now. This is somewhat similar from jcrew and I think you can drop a 40% discount on it. Hope that helps
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/t...iority|0~20+16+4294967181~15~~~~~~~/67551.jsp

No discount on this but still nice:
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~96051/96051.jsp

Thanks guys :pimp: :pimp:

Discovered Filson btw. So far their pieces look awesome.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What are you guys' recommendations in terms of low-profile casual shoes? I hate bulkiness, so the slimmer the better. I need to replace my low-profile slip-ons pretty soon :lol:

I buy sneakers in phases now. Only things that hit me really hard. Its no longer a hobby. The thing is that now more things are getting to me. :rolleyes

What are you guys' recommendations in terms of low-profile casual shoes? I hate bulkiness, so the slimmer the better. I need to replace my low-profile slip-ons pretty soon :lol:

I've been wearing my leather driving mocs from J. Crew pretty heavily since I got them earlier this summer.

Speaking of sneakers....

Just ordered my pair of Fire Red IIIs since I'm gonna be outta town this weekend.

I sold off all my Nikes/Jordans back in 08, but this is the one pair I always regretted getting rid of. I really like the simplicity and clean design of this shoe. No weird shaped soles, no craters, no nets, etc. Let's just hope that they didn't @#$% it up like all the recent retros and make the insoles feel like cardboard :x

Last edited:
Definitely not the latter :tongue:
If you have the bread or will to spend, look into Tricker's. Their Country Collection is awesome.

Speaking of sneakers....

Just ordered my pair of Fire Red IIIs since I'm gonna be outta town this weekend.

I sold off all my Nikes/Jordans back in 08, but this is the one pair I always regretted getting rid of. I really like the simplicity and clean design of this shoe. No weird shaped soles, no craters, no nets, etc. Let's just hope that they didn't @#$% it up like all the recent retros and make the insoles feel like cardboard :x

Man, when HoH in Beverly Center had gauranteed tickets ALL DAY, I couldn't make it. I was gonna go after work, but size 9s were all taken, and of course 8.5s and 9.5s were still available :lol:

The quality of the recent retros I bought felt the same as the older ones I had in high school and college, circa 2002-2005.

Today:

Back
Top Bottom