Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol:
Buying this issue as soon as I can find it. The Tinker interview is in there too if I'm not mistaken...

The Tinker interview is in the September issue with Newton/Tebow on the cover,not missing much it's 1 page long including pictures..Not even really an interview its six Tinker quotes and six pictures....

I did! lol but I think most people passed up on it, I think only one other member here, diewitsjames took advantage of it as I got a nice little credit for him buying it...thanks man!

laugh.gif
no problem man. hope your suit comes in and is a better fit than your shirts that you ordered previously. can't wait to get my suit
pimp.gif

:lol: no problem man. hope your suit comes in and is a better fit than your shirts that you ordered previously. can't wait to get my suit :pimp:

I actually just placed the order today for the tweed 3 piece, excited for it! I think this will come out right since they actually ask for better measurements when ordering a suit and not just shirts.

Post up the tweeds when you get them in, Serg.

I ordered another pair of purple flannel pants. I can't wait to rock them.

J. Crew has some nice pieces in:

I really like the first fair isle sweater:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/sweaters/PRDOVR~95025/95025.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/sweaters/PRDOVR~95010/95010.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/sweaters/PRDOVR~95026/95026.jsp

The overcoat/topcoat is such a classic piece that I rarely see anyone wear. Either of these colors will be very versatile:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/outerwear/PRDOVR~17934/17934.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/outerwear/PRDOVR~99484/99484.jsp

Scooped up a pair of "used" Allen Edmonds, the ones I talked about in the previous page. I'm crossing my fingers, I've only done the buying "used" shoes a couple of times and it was for Jordan's.

Crossing my fingers on this one.

That tweed suit, man, it looks good and tempting to buy. However, I told myself I got to shed some lb's when I buy my next suit. I was pushing 260 at the turn of the year, down to 235, hoping to get down to 200-205 by the end of the year. If I was strict probably would've been there. Luckily, most of the excess weight was in the waist area so no need to revamp my wardrobe, just been getting shirts taken in here and there... #feelsgoodman.

sarteaga- Awesome rotation, reminds me I need to get some grey desert boots asap. My beeswax joints are a staple, and I've added tons of "character" to them.

Last edited:
I know this is the dressing better threads but I need to face care stuff. Whats the deal with Kiehl's. They are running a promo, and may want to get in on that.

I know this is the dressing better threads but I need to face care stuff. Whats the deal with Kiehl's. They are running a promo, and may want to get in on that.

I used Kiehl's for a while and it was good then it started drying out my face really bad,it might just be my skin type though....I switched to Clinique,it's odorless and and works really well...

Kiehls is great, I use the Facial Fuel Face Wash and the No-Shine Hydration.
I use Kiehls for hair products too, I have a Cream Wax and Styling Gel.
I also use Jack Black as a Face Moisturizer as Sun Block.
Lab Series is great too if you want to check that out.

I used to use Clinique but I find it too oily and shiny for my face.

Cool for nightlife attire..I have a couple of pairs of slacks that I bought from them that I use specifically for clubbing. However a lot of their clothing is very trendy

They are the lowest on the totem pole for Armani that I know of. Clothing is made in China. Quality is no where near Giorgio Armani. I would put them in the same realm of Zara and H&M.

To the person asking about Zara suit fits. Their suits almost have an euro cut. I would not recommend it for big guys.

Anyone purchase the pair of pants by Odin at target? If so, what's your take on them?

Didn't purchase because I checked them out in store and didn't even try them on because they were made of an almost paper-thin material. I'd say avoid if possible.

I think you have more than enough. Does your job or social call for you dress up all the time?

I work as a teacher and as a result I do wear dress shoes 4-5 days a week. Even on Friday's, when I do more a casual Friday look, I pair up my jeans with dress shoes or boots.

Scooped up a pair of "used" Allen Edmonds, the ones I talked about in the previous page. I'm crossing my fingers, I've only done the buying "used" shoes a couple of times and it was for Jordan's.
Crossing my fingers on this one.
That tweed suit, man, it looks good and tempting to buy. However, I told myself I got to shed some lb's when I buy my next suit. I was pushing 260 at the turn of the year, down to 235, hoping to get down to 200-205 by the end of the year. If I was strict probably would've been there. Luckily, most of the excess weight was in the waist area so no need to revamp my wardrobe, just been getting shirts taken in here and there... #feelsgoodman.
sarteaga- Awesome rotation, reminds me I need to get some grey desert boots asap. My beeswax joints are a staple, and I've added tons of "character" to them.

Gray is such an underrated color honestly. I really like my gray leather oxfords as well since they're just really different but can be worn with quite a few things. The boots are some of my favorites to wear when I don't want to wear brown or black. I saw the Odin gray desert boots at Target on Monday and the quality of them just seemed bad. The suede leather was ridiculously thin. Honestly, they reminded me of the "work" boots that Old Navy released about a year ago in terms of quality.

Wowwww I'll take them. Perfect size too!

Too late man, sorry. Claimed by another NT'er who is picking them up today.

Took some pictures of my dress shoe rotation and I think I got most of what I need

Will post some favorites in the next few days.

:wow: Maybe its bc I'm still in college but how long did it take you guys to accumulate such a variety of shoes? Like 5 years? :lol: :smokin

:wow: Maybe its bc I'm still in college but how long did it take you guys to accumulate such a variety of shoes? Like 5 years? :lol: :smokin

Kid you not about a year. Honestly about half of the stuff in the picture was acquired via eBay, from the last half about half of that to three quarters was either on deep sale or gift, only about 3-4 pairs were retail and I think only 2 were over $100, the black Cole Haan boots and the Burgundy/Oxblood Magnanni boots were the only one's over $100.

Last edited:
I actually just placed the order today for the tweed 3 piece, excited for it! I think this will come out right since they actually ask for better measurements when ordering a suit and not just shirts.

You'll have to post the pics when it comes! I'm definitely intrigued by Indochino, have you ordered suits from them before? I saw what happened with the shirts you purchased form them a few weeks back :x :smh: . Also, who took your measurements for the suit?

Does anyone know when those GAPxGQ pieces are gonna hit stores or online?

Nevermind.

gap-gq-collaboration.jpg

Last edited:
It seems elbow patches are going to be popular this fall/winter. I already saw them at several mall brands, from sweaters to jackets. A turtle neck with suede elbow patches will be a very attractive piece and something a bit different..

Back
Top Bottom