Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Copping my first pair of boots. I'm thinking bout getting some Clark Desert Boots.
Which cw is the most versatile Beeswax Leather or Oakwood Suede?

Also any sites where I can cop on the discount?

Help is appreciated.

For your first pair, I'd say Beeswax....they really go with anything and mine look better after a lot of wears too :smokin

Though I'd post this here: http://dappered.com/2012/09/the-well-dressed-travellers-packing-list/ it seems like a solid guide for traveling and whatnot

^

Thanks, repped.

Also just copped a pair of all white Levi 511s.

Only things that I own that are ok with it are,  a Blue & White Gingham shirt and  a black v-neck.

I wore the Gingham shirt and jeans to an event.

I wear the black v and jeans for casual outings

Any other things that go well with white jeans?

Anyone have recommendations on a wool jacket? Its starting to get cold out here in SF. 

FYI that's tweed in a herringbone pattern in the picture.

Fall/winter is good for heavy weight wool, tweed, herringbone, houndstooth, flannel.

What's your budget?

It always amazes me how people who never post in here come in to criticize.
:smokin ...YES, everytime lol. Folks come in, are OBVIOUSLY lurkers then when they feel the need to post its about "stop copying styles or being trendy or being a follwoer, or trying too hard."
IF YOU'RE NOT FEELING IT, CLICK ON ANOTHER THREAD FELLA! ...ps: Yes this is from like page 20 :lol: I'm playing catchup from having been around for original dressing better and just getting back on NT recently.:D

You should go for a slim fitting silhouette. You're pretty much my specs, except I'm 5'9'' also at 155 lbs.
I personally think those shoes are ugly, but they are easy to wear. A fitted t shirt. Go to a local J. Crew and try a size small in their t shirts. Go get some Levi's 511 line chinos or denim. Inseam of around 30" if you want a clean finish, or go up to 32" if you want a bit of stacking. Don't sag, I know it's hard to do at first, but you get used to them. I used to sag my pants down to my crotch in high school, with a 2-3XL size shirt :lol:

:wow: :gasp!: :lol: we need pics!
Can we do a before/after? or a "when I decided to grow up?" of how some folks used to dress?

I'll sit back and wait for RFX to post his illest JNCO jeans with the strings from highschool...

Last edited:
^
Thanks, repped.

Also just copped a pair of all white Levi 511s.
Only things that I own that are ok with it are,  a Blue & White Gingham shirt and  a black v-neck.
I wore the Gingham shirt and jeans to an event.
I wear the black v and jeans for casual outings

Any other things that go well with white jeans?
I have a white pair of heavy weighted chinos, 10 oz, which is in the same range as normal denim. I plan on wearing it with my suit jackets and leather jackets when the weather cools down. White is pretty versatile. I haven't worn them much since it's still pretty hot around here.

Couple pictures with the chinos:

I just use the one from Nordstrom Rack and never really thought about it much. It really has one purpose and I don't think it's worth thinking about it much. Unless you have $2k shoes/boots, I wouldn't worry about it.
+1. I have those $12-15 shoe trees from Nordstrom Rack. Seems to do the job.

:smokin ...YES, everytime lol. Folks come in, are OBVIOUSLY lurkers then when they feel the need to post its about "stop copying styles or being trendy or being a follwoer, or trying too hard."
IF YOU'RE NOT FEELING IT, CLICK ON ANOTHER THREAD FELLA! ...ps: Yes this is from like page 20 :lol: I'm playing catchup from having been around for original dressing better and just getting back on NT recently.:D
:wow: :gasp!: :lol: we need pics!
Can we do a before/after? or a "when I decided to grow up?" of how some folks used to dress?
I'll sit back and wait for RFX to post his illest JNCO jeans with the strings from highschool...
:lol: I know RFX was in the same group as I was with Rocawear, Sean John, etc. I don't have old pictures of me unfortunately. I was looking for pictures of the old NT Summits where I was pictured wearing a 3XL Trailsblazer t shirt with the Retro XIs :lol:

For me it was the urban/jersey era from the late years in high school to the 'hypebeast' brands ie The 100s when they first launched in early college years to Ed Hardy/TR in the later college years. After the weight lost, I just started buying dress shirts and slacks since I was going to be a working professional anyway...this was the same time the first thread was made.

Just Because...

CP3 looking really good in all of the pictures, except the one with the vest over the sports coat....I can't get myself to like that appeal.

Eek at the Jumpman pose, shirt looks like it's about to rip.

whats your built???....the ludlow is such a nice suit and it wont break the bank....if its your first suit, most definitely go for navy, its the most versatile color you can get....after that slowly build on other colors, im on my 4th suit....the good thing about suits is that even though your lifestyle doesn't demand it, whenever you do dress up as long as you change up the shirt, shoes, tie 4 suits can literally get you through your life just fine....at least imo...this is my navy ludlow, ignore the kicks....i was just fooling around trying different things.
7075234619_4d00cced66_b.jpg

Info on that tie???

Don't like any of those outfits. Too tight, and too many ******g unnecessary layers. Im on my iPad so don't have the dude with five pools meme handy.

Btw Chris Paul plays in LA. Makes the layering hat much more ridiculous.

Don't like any of those outfits. Too tight, and too many ******g unnecessary layers. Im on my iPad so don't have the dude with five pools meme handy.

Btw Chris Paul plays in LA. Makes the layering hat much more ridiculous.

Cause the Clippers don't have away games. Oh.

Back
Top Bottom