Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I fill you bro. I'm 6'3 210ish. I admittedly have shape as well. Booty from my dads side that skipped him and got me.
This is a short mans/ little foot thread. I see allot of nice things but my tall A%$ could not get away with most of the stuff posted or suggested.
I pops is a minister and he has always told me, the first suit you buy should be black. You cant go wrong with black. Black suit, shoes, tie, belt and a white shirt.
Tall guys have to tread lightly. Look at how many NBA players look goofy as hell in there fits. Too damn big to be wearing some of that stuff.
I will add if a tall guy does it right, he will look allot better than the smaller guys. It will be harder but the result will be better.

thx man. i have wide hips (thx mom!) so i often have to deal with the extra wide leg openings on everything.
gonna see if the tailor can taper my jeans tomo.
the suit im getting rid of is a black ralph lauren suit.
got it in college abt 5-6 years ago. I may take it to the tailor and see if they can save it before donating.
if they can, ill go w/ a lighter gray to diversify.

Too much real life. 
laugh.gif

A good tailor is no good when theres not enough material. Some things just look better in smaller sizes. Especially shoes, some shoes look great in a 6, get to a 13 and its horrible. As tall guy, I can try certain things on to learn, it just dont look good in my size. No tailor can fix that.

Disagree, it's all about the fact that the shoes you are wearing are the proper last (shape of shoe) for your foot. As someone who has a relatively big foot for their height...5'9 and size 11, I kinda know what you mean but I will say the bulkier looking the shoe is the more ridiculous it looks. Find the proper last AND width for your shoe. I know Allen Edmonds stores will fit you for width.

thx man. i have wide hips (thx mom!) so i often have to deal with the extra wide leg openings on everything.
gonna see if the tailor can taper my jeans tomo.
the suit im getting rid of is a black ralph lauren suit.
got it in college abt 5-6 years ago. I may take it to the tailor and see if they can save it before donating.
if they can, ill go w/ a lighter gray to diversify.

What do you feel is wrong with the suit? Post a fit pic if possible, I think we can tell you if it's salvageable or not.

Can you please post a picture? Maybe one more accurate than the one posted on the site :D

Sorry but it is very difficult to get the actual green color w/o proper lighting but this is the best I could do. You could see that it is darker and greener than the stock photo though.
Summoning my inner KSteezy (minus the good photography). And damn, angle makes the shoe look so much bigger.
9743481.bmp
Nice.

Can anybody find me clean camo crago pants? Ones that fit like Levi 511's or any slim fit...I cant find any anywhere
You may want to try Urban Outfitters, I was in there earlier this year and they had a pair.  I mean it does you no good now, but its worth a look.  Also, if it does not have t be camo, Banana Republic has cargos in straight fit, and vintage straight fit.

FYI that's tweed in a herringbone pattern in the picture.
Fall/winter is good for heavy weight wool, tweed, herringbone, houndstooth, flannel.
What's your budget?

Not sure how much these typically run. This will be my first sports coat or jacket. Im all for looking at thrift stores but open to other options. I feel like if I invest in something like that will be good because its versatile.

Well to be fair, most raw denim jeans look the same. :lol:   Cant tell without seeing the back pocket.

Sarteaga, looking good bruh, what brand jacket is that? Looks real nice.

Bespoke Suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke, I need to get it taken in. Getting the vest this weekend, finally done!

Shirt: JCPenney's $9 and change

Pocket Square: 50 cent, pack of 4 for $2.

Tie: $1 on eBay, Tie Bar $3 on eBay

As I like to call it, the ultimate mixing of high end and low end. More on the blog

Last edited:
anyone able to chime in regarding over the counter face washes etc. vs. kiehl's ? worth the extra money ?

thinking of trying some kiehl's and right now they have the 20% off discount so would be a good time. don't use any face washes or anything right now besides water, but i think its a good time to adding it to the morning/night routine.

Yo can someone help me out real quick. I got my first pair of clark desert boots, but i'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. I went down a whole size and they fit length wise(actually they are really long), but they feel reeeally snug. Is this how they are supposed to fit??

Yo can someone help me out real quick. I got my first pair of clark desert boots, but i'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. I went down a whole size and they fit length wise(actually they are really long), but they feel reeeally snug. Is this how they are supposed to fit??
Probably too small for you. I sized down 1 whole size as well from my Nike sneakers and they were fine. I also wear thinner dress socks with them rather than the athletic socks I do with Nike sneakers...that is a factor.

Do you have a wide foot?
I recently bought my first pair too and had to go 0.5 a size down from my regular 10.5 and they fit great. Maybe a little snug but not uncomfortable

Not sure how much these typically run. This will be my first sports coat or jacket. Im all for looking at thrift stores but open to other options. I feel like if I invest in something like that will be good because its versatile.
They can run anywhere from $100 at H&M to over $5,000 for a Tom Ford one, with a crapload of brands in between.

Since you're new to this, I would highly suggest a cheap one at first so thrifting is a good choice, as well as affordable brands like Gap, H&M, Zara, etc.

Back
Top Bottom