Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yo can someone help me out real quick. I got my first pair of clark desert boots, but i'm not sure how they're supposed to fit. I went down a whole size and they fit length wise(actually they are really long), but they feel reeeally snug. Is this how they are supposed to fit??
Probably too small for you. I sized down 1 whole size as well from my Nike sneakers and they were fine. I also wear thinner dress socks with them rather than the athletic socks I do with Nike sneakers...that is a factor.

I had to go down a whole size for my DB's from sneaker size. I have narrow feet and they fit narrow on me i have to wear dress socks with them for them to fit comfortably. Can barely walk if i wear normal athletic socks :lol:

Man that is one clean teacher!

thanks man! The funny part is that mostly all the male teachers had something to say about me being overdressed in some form or another but mostly all the female teachers (or the ones that matter; you know the hot, attractive, sexy and young ones lol) loved it and wouldn't stop complimenting me. I think that's what really irks the other male teachers more than anything.

When it comes to not spending tons of money on clothes, Steve Jobs' signature black turtleneck and jeans usually come up. Little do most people know that the turtleneck is by Issey Miyake. Dressing is a hobby like anything else, it's not for everyone. Some people like to dress up, some are into photography, some are into collecting painting...everyone has their own thing.

Disagree, it's all about the fact that the shoes you are wearing are the proper last (shape of shoe) for your foot. As someone who has a relatively big foot for their height...5'9 and size 11, I kinda know what you mean but I will say the bulkier looking the shoe is the more ridiculous it looks. Find the proper last AND width for your shoe. I know Allen Edmonds stores will fit you for width.
What do you feel is wrong with the suit? Post a fit pic if possible, I think we can tell you if it's salvageable or not.

i posted on pg 61. didnt get too much feedback, feelsbatman

not entirely,most billionaires although may not care as much as some and don't necessarily have taste, but you'll see them in very nice suits.

I would have to agree. At one point Houston had 2 billionaires, positive one is stil here. I have shaken the hands of both. Niether dressed like Gates. Both were in suits, and very dapper. Gates business affords him the luxury to dress like he does. I shook the hands of two peps in big oil.

Well to be fair, most raw denim jeans look the same. :lol:   Cant tell without seeing the back pocket.

Sarteaga, looking good bruh, what brand jacket is that? Looks real nice.

Bespoke Suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke, I need to get it taken in. Getting the vest this weekend, finally done!

Shirt: JCPenney's $9 and change

Pocket Square: 50 cent, pack of 4 for $2.

Tie: $1 on eBay, Tie Bar $3 on eBay

As I like to call it, the ultimate mixing of high end and low end. More on the blog

:smokin :smokin suit looks great Sarteaga, like the shirt/tie colors too

Ive had this suit for 4ish years now and looking to get some modifications done. I like the sleeve length but im thinking i need to get the shoulders modified and the sides taken in. as far has the pants, im probably gonna get them hemmed. Thoughts, opinions, Bueller? Sorry abt the no shoes thing, sprained ankle is being a hater. Size is 42xl(ong)

Hey man, I think the length of your suit is good, its just the shoulders are too big/wide on you in this particular one. This one may be just a bad fit for your body, cuz even if you took it to get the sides taken in the shoulders are either really expensive or not worth the trouble to get moved inward....I don't know too much about the higher end brands like wj4 but who makes this suit? It seems to be a very boxy cut so it may end up costing you over 140$ or something to even get it altered (and it still may not be right). I dunno if you saw my reply a couple pages back about suits for taller guys but you may want to consider going thru one of the online MTM spots like Indochino or SuitSupply if your budget is around 350-600ish, but if you want to try and stick with off the rack suits, I'd make sure you try it on and get one that has shoulders that fit first and foremost...Did you try a 40L? It'd probably be too small for you but that looks like theres a ton of extra space in your chest and you could probably fit both of your fists in under the lapel. I wouldn't bother going through all the work to get that altered, at the end of that you'd probably be spending about 50% of what you could get a perfectly fitting one for, just my opinion though

thanks man! The funny part is that mostly all the male teachers had something to say about me being overdressed in some form or another but mostly all the female teachers (or the ones that matter; you know the hot, attractive, sexy and young ones lol) loved it and wouldn't stop complimenting me. I think that's what really irks the other male teachers more than anything.

Hahaha I know what you mean man cause when I go out with some friends they are always like your over dressed, but I def have started attracting a different woman. I need friends that are in this thread to go out with lol.

Also on a parent teacher night I'm sure it goes a long way with parents to see the childs teacher looking more then presentable

Thanks for the BB F&F sale heads up and code, got myself 4 shirts.
17zbi9.jpg
erj28k.jpg

30ruyk4.jpg
ej7676.jpg
The two bottom shirts and the first sport shirt are on point!

I know this may sound like a stupid question but what are the differences between a sports shirt and a dress shirt?

:smokin :smokin suit looks great Sarteaga, like the shirt/tie colors too
Hey man, I think the length of your suit is good, its just the shoulders are too big/wide on you in this particular one. This one may be just a bad fit for your body, cuz even if you took it to get the sides taken in the shoulders are either really expensive or not worth the trouble to get moved inward....I don't know too much about the higher end brands like wj4 but who makes this suit? It seems to be a very boxy cut so it may end up costing you over 140$ or something to even get it altered (and it still may not be right). I dunno if you saw my reply a couple pages back about suits for taller guys but you may want to consider going thru one of the online MTM spots like Indochino or SuitSupply if your budget is around 350-600ish, but if you want to try and stick with off the rack suits, I'd make sure you try it on and get one that has shoulders that fit first and foremost...Did you try a 40L? It'd probably be too small for you but that looks like theres a ton of extra space in your chest and you could probably fit both of your fists in under the lapel. I wouldn't bother going through all the work to get that altered, at the end of that you'd probably be spending about 50% of what you could get a perfectly fitting one for, just my opinion though

I agree with LyonBC1, the shoulders are just way too big and yea you might be better off donating it. Wj4's suits are MTM from Thick as Thieves also about $500-600, and if Suit Supply and Indochino are out of the price range too. You're a skinny dude so H&M might be a good place to start, try on both R and L lengths.

Hahaha I know what you mean man cause when I go out with some friends they are always like your over dressed, but I def have started attracting a different woman. I need friends that are in this thread to go out with lol.
Also on a parent teacher night I'm sure it goes a long way with parents to see the childs teacher looking more then presentable

THIS!!!

Bespoke Suit by Michael Andrews Bespoke, I need to get it taken in. Getting the vest this weekend, finally done!
Shirt: JCPenney's $9 and change
Pocket Square: 50 cent, pack of 4 for $2.
Tie: $1 on eBay, Tie Bar $3 on eBay
As I like to call it, the ultimate mixing of high end and low end. More on the blog
Nice fit +1

^ yeap and honestly it is what it is. The fact that it's the females that compliment and know what's up makes it even better. Got probably one of the ultimate compliments about my suit I wore yesterday, about 30 minutes ago. One of my male co-workers was like "Oh I bought some new shoes to keep up with Arteaga. He said that starting Monday that he will be competing with the principal" as my principal wears a suit everyday. My female co-worker, who is 38 and looks like she is 25 :smokin, "Please Arteaga will beat him, the principal stands no chance."

Last edited:
The two bottom shirts and the first sport shirt are on point!

I know this may sound like a stupid question but what are the differences between a sports shirt and a dress shirt?

Sport shirt tends to be more casual than dress shirts, materials used are also different. Different collars, dress shirts mostly use collar stays to make stiff and keep it's shape while sport shirts collars can be a bit more messed up and doesn't need to be perfectly shaped. It's usually easy to see and feel the difference between the two in person.

rfx, how about length wise compared for the 2 ? can sport shirts be worn untucked or are they still super long and ment to be tucked in ?

rfx, how about length wise compared for the 2 ? can sport shirts be worn untucked or are they still super long and ment to be tucked in ?

That really depends on the brand. Dress shirts are meant to be tucked in at all times but there are still brands like Band of Outsiders who makes their shirts simply too short to stay tucked in.

Then sport shirts can tucked or untucked, again it'll depend on the brand. Brooks Brothers makes their sport shirts and dress shirts practically the same length but it is a thin line when it comes to how long the shirt is and whether it needs to be tucked in or not. If going untucked, it can't be too long that it looks sloppy and it can't be too short that it looks like your shirt shrunk. Lots of factors come into play too like how much do you sag your pants, if you're wearing low-rise jeans or regular chinos, etc... At the end of the day you are just going to have to try and see how it looks because we could have a days worth of debate about a sport shirts ideal length when being tucked or untucked.

Last edited:
I agree with LyonBC1, the shoulders are just way too big and yea you might be better off donating it. Wj4's suits are MTM from Thick as Thieves also about $500-600, and if Suit Supply and Indochino are out of the price range too. You're a skinny dude so H&M might be a good place to start, try on both R and L lengths.

thx guys. right now my budget is in the $600-700 range for a suit.
ill look into MTM suits. cant really figure out how Thick as Thieves website works but i def like their patterns and cuts.
ill keep updated.

Btw Sarteaga, the shoes are tight! Well I was wearing thick Nike socks when I first tried them on, with dress socks they fit just right. You really coudnt squeeze into them? Beautiful shoes bro, thanks again.

Also, Express is apparently having a 30% off sale, are their blazers better (atleast THAT much better) quality than H&M to justify the price?

Back
Top Bottom