Dressing Better Vol 2.0

what are some good options for jeans that fits like the levis 521 (slim taper)? i don't really mind too much on the price as long as it will hold up for a while

Btw Sarteaga, the shoes are tight! Well I was wearing thick Nike socks when I first tried them on, with dress socks they fit just right. You really coudnt squeeze into them? Beautiful shoes bro, thanks again.

Also, Express is apparently having a 30% off sale, are their blazers better (atleast THAT much better) quality than H&M to justify the price?

yea man even with dress socks I couldn't fit them, just way too narrow.

Couple of pick ups. Thanks to Grizzlyboy for the ties, great deal on them! Love how everyone looks out for each other in this thread! The blazer is my eBay pick up which took a while to come in but I honestly really like it. Reddish Herringbone Tweed, pleasantly surprised with the fit.

Last edited:
I have a white pair of heavy weighted chinos, 10 oz, which is in the same range as normal denim. I plan on wearing it with my suit jackets and leather jackets when the weather cools down. White is pretty versatile. I haven't worn them much since it's still pretty hot around here.
Couple pictures with the chinos:

Always wanted a pair of white chinos or jeans but Idk if I could pull it off 
laugh.gif
, Id be too nervous to stain them or something.

Btw any info on gap sales soon? I have some store credit that is good there and wanted to pick up some of their chinos. I always see banana republic  having 40% off but never hear much about gap.

FYI the sport shirts and dress shirts from Brooks Bros are of the same length. Their definition of a sport shirts is one with button down collars in wackier colors. The buttons were used to keep the collar down while engaging in various sports back in the day.

I don't know, something about it being a "jean jacket" style but in suede? Feels like there might be something I am missing that I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm usually decisive on things I like and want to buy but this one has got me thinking a bit? Like it's breaking a rule or something.

Again, I just can't quite see what it is about it, probably just over thinking it.

:lol: :wow:

Btw Sarteaga, the shoes are tight! Well I was wearing thick Nike socks when I first tried them on, with dress socks they fit just right. You really coudnt squeeze into them? Beautiful shoes bro, thanks again.

Also, Express is apparently having a 30% off sale, are their blazers better (atleast THAT much better) quality than H&M to justify the price?

yea man even with dress socks I couldn't fit them, just way too narrow.

Couple of pick ups. Thanks to Grizzlyboy for the ties, great deal on them! Love how everyone looks out for each other in this thread! The blazer is my eBay pick up which took a while to come in but I honestly really like it. Reddish Herringbone Tweed, pleasantly surprised with the fit.

Glad you got them! That blazer is nice! What do you plan to pair it with?

Going to a wedding in a couple weeks. I'm wearing a navy blue blazer, khaki pants(little darker than usual khakis). Needed some opinions on what color wing tips i should go with. Brown, Dark, Brown, Black, or Navy Blue(suede)?

Going to a wedding in a couple weeks. I'm wearing a navy blue blazer, khaki pants(little darker than usual khakis). Needed some opinions on what color wing tips i should go with. Brown, Dark, Brown, Black, or Navy Blue(suede)?

Brown or dark brown.

I don't know, something about it being a "jean jacket" style but in suede? Feels like there might be something I am missing that I can't quite put my finger on.
I'm usually decisive on things I like and want to buy but this one has got me thinking a bit? Like it's breaking a rule or something.
Again, I just can't quite see what it is about it, probably just over thinking it.
:lol: :wow:

The jacket is nice the fit pic is wack.

Has anyone noticed the price increase on APC's. TBS has gone from 175 to 220. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
Naked & Famous Skinny Guy:

Great jeans in a great trim for my physique at a relatively good price.

That camo shirt from Brooks Bros looks great. I want to see it being worn with a suit and neck wear.

yea man, i have a few suits from express and the jackets for them are far better than h&m. as long as you get the fit right, people will always think its more on the high end side too. then again, i'm undergrad. most in my circle don't know better. :\

opinions on this combo please

dont know if the white shirt looks right but any recomendations would be welcome

If you use this thread properly you can definitely find your style.
+1. I see the thread as crutches that will help someone until they're able to go on their own.

What's an informal interview? I've never heard of it and I've hosted quite a few of interviews.

Back
Top Bottom