Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Jimmies were rustled indeed, BRAVO baboonCow
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
What are you yelping about fella? BTW, that whole "Rustled" talk is by far the biggest thing trolls say when they run out of things to say.

Last edited:
For some reason I've always had great interest in some parts of the east coast such as Boston, Pittsburgh and New England. If I move, I will link up with you guys (assuming I can stand the winter there). :lol:

Last edited:
For some reason I've always had great interest in some parts of the east coast such as Boston, Pittsburgh and New England. If I move, I will link up with you guys (assuming I can stand the winter there).
laugh.gif
Seems most of the DB members are from the Tri State area or Cali.

Im thinking about getting a custom Tux done for my best friends wedding, but I wanted to step out the box a little. Instead of a satin lapel, what do you guys thing about leather, or velvet?

Problem with this thread is that it's become the equivalent of the mean popular girls from high school.

Anyone goes against the "popular" folk and they're shunned.
Menswear is cool but dudes in this thread take it to a different extreme.

You don't look cool taking selfies while looking at your watch like its a candid shot...dawg, you set that up.

Serg, you a cool humble dude but these people don't respect your style. And for a teacher, you're not the best of writers.

You not cool when you have time to take all your shoes and put them on your front door...your girlfriend ain't bragging to her friends about that.

Oh you taking pics with one leg in the air while the other is on the ledge? Yeah you might have money but you won't get no love in NY.

This thread has turned into a clique of dudes talking about clothes. You don't post in no other thread on NT but when you need votes you quick to make a thread to get help.

There's a reason why dudes get no love. Rock your clothes and be humble about it.

Block whoever you need to block...at the end of the day be a man before trying to make the pages of GQ.

You guys stay humble.

If you don't fall in any of these categories then there's no need to be offended.
RFX and steezy...y'all my ******.

Last edited:
Im thinking about getting a custom Tux done for my best friends wedding, but I wanted to step out the box a little. Instead of a satin lapel, what do you guys thing about leather, or velvet?

Lapel has to be satin I think, just go navy shawl collar. If you want to take an extra step to being unique, get the lapel shaped like this.

Last edited:
Problem with this thread is that it's become the equivalent of the mean popular girls from high school.

Anyone goes against the "popular" folk and they're shunned.
Menswear is cool but dudes in this thread take it to a different extreme.

You don't look cool taking selfies while looking at your watch like its a candid shot...dawg, you set that up.

Serg, you a cool humble dude but these people don't respect your style. And for a teacher, you're not the best of writers.

You not cool when you have time to take all your shoes and put them on your front door...your girlfriend ain't bragging to her friends about that.

Oh you taking pics with one leg in the air while the other is on the ledge? Yeah you might have money but you won't get no love in NY.

This thread has turned into a clique of dudes talking about clothes. You don't post in no other thread on NT but when you need votes you quick to make a thread to get help.

There's a reason why dudes get no love. Rock your clothes and be humble about it.

Block whoever you need to block...at the end of the day be a man before trying to make the pages of GQ.

You guys stay humble.

If you don't fall in any of these categories then there's no need to be offended.
RFX and steezy...y'all my ******.

I'm not even upset or taking it personally but all I will say is please don't judge how I write based on a blog or here. Those two mediums are my way of getting away from the daily academic writing that I do and it's the two places I can write without feeling the pressure of spell checking, checking grammar, etc. My academic writing is something else and I don't play with that.

In terms of being respected on here I think that's for me to determine not others. If I don't feel respected by people here that's on me, do I? I don't. I'm not looking for "rep" points and I think my style isn't any different than the average well dressed guy, not trying to blow anybody away. The blog it's an outlet. Thankfully I've had the opportunity to be featured on TSB and on one of their Yahoo style videos so for me that's pretty cool. That feature got them more visits and got some members to follow them and even win a couple of competitions. At the end of the day it's a message board and I'm not here to be that dude trying to change the world in here, that's what I do on a daily basis in the classroom. It's the respect of my students, their parents, my colleagues, family that I care about, this is just secondary. At the end of the day I've been lucky to have met some cool people because of here and that's made it worth it for me.

I get why some people have this outlook that it's clique like in here, because well it can be. But...I think it's unfair to say that we don't help people and that we shun people when we don't agree with their opinion, I think that's a little extreme. When we do offer advice or try to "correct" someone it's based on what most would agree are the "rules of menswear" that many of us do follow to get to this transition. Speaking for myself I still own about 50 pairs of sneakers and wear them from time to time but nowadays it's rare as they don't fit my aesthetic, that's all. I'm just not a fan of people personalizing everything or taking cheap shots at people for no reason. Frankly it can be reminiscent of how my high school students can be and just like when they act like that I try, keyword try right it and well I'm blunt.

This is the last I'll say on this matter. Everyone is welcomed, if people choose not to participate that's on them at the end of the day, we can't control how others feel unfortunately.

On another note as I'm highly considering this as I have a feeling this winter is going to be BRUTAL, how are the Under Armour cold weather shirts? How warm do they really keep you? I sweat easily which is the one thing keeping me from it. Thoughts?

On another note as I'm highly considering this as I have a feeling this winter is going to be BRUTAL, how are the Under Armour cold weather shirts? How warm do they really keep you? I sweat easily which is the one thing keeping me from it. Thoughts?
I really like UA cold weather shirts. They keep you warm and do exactly what they say they will. If you're looking for something to wear under dress clothes, I don't really think it would be a little uncomfortable while inside? I've never done it though so it might be fine.

I asked this a few pages back but as you can tell, it was easily lost today :lol:

Does anyone use magnetic collar stays and if so are they worth it? how many of the magnets do you lose on average?

So I've developed a thing for color blocking. Picked this up from J Crew after dinner tonight. Entire store is 25% off, but it doesn't stack with student discounts :frown:

Back
Top Bottom