Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My tailor and I are becoming bffs, today we talked about my love for Korean women and food :lol:

Do y'all get stabbed with those pins every time you take your pants off whenever you're at your tailor? Junk stings

My tailor and I are becoming bffs, today we talked about my love for Korean women and food :lol:

Do y'all get stabbed with those pins every time you take your pants off whenever you're at your tailor? Junk stings
Sometimes so you gotta be extra careful :lol:

No matter how careful I am my leg turns into a pin cushion.

I really want to learn how to do the basic stuff like hemming and tapering myself. It really starts adding up after a while. Spending money on clothes then extra getting them altered

I understand its an honest living, but wish dude could be doing better. Guy asked him if hes always there he says "9 degrees or 90". No retirement plan no insurance, nothing. I get he loves his job, but I hope bro is taking care of himself.

PS, I rather shine my own shoes.

If he's happy, what constitutes "better"? "Better" is a figment of YOUR imagination.

And I hate to break it to you but most people don't have a retirement plan or insurance.

I always laugh when people project their idea of success on others. The sooner you stop worrying about what someone else is doing is the sooner you'll be better off yourself.

Ouch, never has happened to me thankfully. Building a relationship with your tailor is a great thing. This is the way for them to know what you like, how you like it and to get a little break here and there with time and cost.

Life is truly about doing what you love. Find a career you love to do and you will never work another day in your life true story.

Ouch, never has happened to me thankfully. Building a relationship with your tailor is a great thing. This is the way for them to know what you like, how you like it and to get a little break here and there with time and cost.

I've never gotten pinned but a few times the pin has ended up going through my shirt I was wearing under the jacket :lol: . But yeah forming a relationship with your tailor is a really clutch move. The major advantage for me is if I need a quick turnaround on something for an occasion or travel.

thought this was intredasting from reddit ...

laugh.gif
@ his power of suggestion at 1.28 dude looked down and went right over

Sad man. BRother still in 1940s mindset. At least he is charismatic

1940s mindset...?

why do i feel offended?

Aren't some of yall from Atlanta? I'm visiting tomorrow for work and wanted to know if there were any good thrift stores to hit up while there?

Yeah it took me a while to find a good one around town. I still need a proper tailor for more advanced alterations like removing pleats from pants.

Life is truly about doing what you love. Find a career you love to do and you will never work another day in your life true story.

It's different when finding a career/occupation/business you love, which can support you and your family. How ever, sacrificing everything to do something you love with no financial benefit isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

Let's be real, you guys think he "loves" shining shoes. Probably not, it's something for him to make money to get by, he's a small business owner.

This is why I teach :D

Anyone ever a sweater tailored?

I never have but if it's knit it can be relatively expensive as they are harder to work on. Check if it's worth it. I know TSB did a feature on getting to know your tailor and they had a knit sweater taken in from the sides, the sleeves tapered and shortened after it had stretched out. They even acknowledge in the post that it would have been cheaper just to buy a new sweater as it was still on sale. You're talking easily $40 on the low end to $80 on the high end based on what you need.

Yeah still pissed they removed G4 for it.
I thought it would have started by now, that explains why nothing has been on that channel except American Ninja Warrior :x

thought this was intredasting from reddit ...

:lol: @ his power of suggestion at 1.28 dude looked down and went right over
Sad man. BRother still in 1940s mindset. At least he is charismatic

1940s mindset...?

why do i feel offended?

Mission Accomplished. Dude didn't even watch closely enough, listen to Don's words or stop to think that maybe it's what he truly enjoys but instead posted something he knew would elicit a response. Nothing in that video showed anything that could be sad other than someone having the opinion that being a shoe shiner is beneath them or degrading.

This thread doesn't always have to be repetative and stay the course but it's clear it's gotten worse since he started posting again. He's good at pushing buttons and probably lives an unfulfilling life so he does whatever he can to get any kind of attention. I guess when you're not funny or particularly interesting you have to resort to trolling. Oh wait...he's just stating his opinion. :rolleyes

Nothing wrong with doing what you love, it's the reason a lot of people risk it all to start their own business. However, if it fails, you have to have a plan B. Do something else you enjoy and that is fulfilling, but that can also provide some sort of financial comfort.

Not going to knock his hustle, but at the end of the day a hustle isn't a career, and certainly not something to :smokin at.

Beats panhandling though.

It's different when finding a career/occupation/business you love, which can support you and your family. How ever, sacrificing everything to do something you love with no financial benefit isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

Let's be real, you guys think he "loves" shining shoes. Probably not, it's something for him to make money to get by, he's a small business owner.

Unless you think he's lying, he literally says "I love shining shoes, I love the interaction." He talks about how he went to culinary school and was a pastry chef for 10 years but it wasn't for him.

This isn't just directed at you and I don't wanna count his money but if it just takes a few minutes and he's getting $5 per pair, let's say he's getting 5 per hour, he's doing fine. No idea about if/how he reports it but it's off the books so while he might not be flourishing I'd imagine he's not poor. Yeah he could do others things to get by but it works for him.

There are plenty of jobs out there that someone has to do. Some people dread them and others embrace them, maybe even *gasp* enjoy them. A lot of people have done worse and accept their reality and prefer what they do over some alternatives. Sure, shoe shining isn't absolutely necessary but it's clearly a service that there's at least some demand for especially in NY and even when there isn't, he convinces people they need it. :lol: For him it might be better to him than sitting in a cubicle at a computer all day doing mindless work and apparently he prefers it over being a pastry chef. Let that man cook while he doesn't cook.

Back
Top Bottom