Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think I'm gonna try to scoop up a new suit tomorrow for an upcoming interview.

I'm looking to pick up a navy one, and my budget's $400.  Can you guys suggest a couple to me?

Also, saw this while checking out an old GQ:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/583581/[/URL]"]

Yep, the black suit is starting to make a comeback. And you don't have to wear light colors in the summer as long as the suit itself is lightweight, like this cotton one. That means you can keep your sleek urban edge all year round.
Suit, $324 by United Colors of Benetton. Shirt by Canali. Tie American Eagle Outfitters. Pocket square by Ivy Prepster. Loafers by Boss.

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/201305/best-mens-suits-under-400-nyc-chefs#ixzz2fKHHTfci
Thoughts?  I know that's basically blasphemy to most in the U.S. these days.

[/quote]

J Crew has a sale going on for 25% off. Have you tried on the Ludlow? If you know what size fits best, there were some nice ones on sale as of the other day that came out to real cheap, like sub-$300. If they don't have your size just call customer service and they'll more than likely be able to locate it or if just the jacket or pants is available, call and they might be able to locate the coordinating piece. How soon is the interview? If you need it sooner, check in store and see what they can do.

I was just messin about A co-signing, no disrespect to him. He gets a lot of props in here on the regular so I figured I'd make a little jokey-joke.

I envision the Walnut color being something I can use to dress up a casual fit, although all 3 will probably get suit-play.

I debated on trying to order a different style for the 3rd pair, but the only pair I even own with a hard sole is some CH Aidens, so I'm building a collection from scratch.

Not being too familiar with a lot of different AEs, I decided to put in an order for some basic styles before they sold out in my size. Next go round I'll branch out for sure.

Thanks again bros.

Last edited:
Shacket?

I grabbed a couple during the summer. Just hoping it actually gets cold this winter, last winter was too warm down here. Forgot I ended up buying that fishtail parka too

Last edited:
Been lurking this thread for the last few weeks. Heard about the AE 250 deal and definitely wanted to get in on it after missing the last one around Labor Day.

As someone who definitely needs to expand his professional wardrobe, I wanted to take advantage as best I could.

Managed to actually turn the 2 for 250 into a 3 for 375.

Black and brown Brooks Park Aves, and a pair of walnut 5th Aves. Would you guys say thats a solid starting rotation?
would love to get my hands on those parks...was your purchase recent and which outlet?

Shacket?

I grabbed a couple during the summer. Just hoping it actually gets cold this winter, last winter was too warm down here. Forgot I ended up buying that fishtail parka too
Shacket is a jacket shaped like a shirt.

screw a jacket, sweaters>
i have a 5 zip, toj bball, toj a1, a supreme varsity, and a RG officer jacket to rotate. Also a toj peacoat and a north face down mountain parka when it gets really cold, but im more excited about wearing sweaters since some of mine are pretty thick

i have a 5 zip, toj bball, toj a1, a supreme varsity, and a RG officer jacket to rotate. Also a toj peacoat and a north face down mountain parka when it gets really cold, but im more excited about wearing sweaters since some of mine are pretty thick
SNS Hernings on deck, pleghboi :pimp:

Don't really need any jacket but I wouldn't mind this:

And I know the question was no coats but I want this badly:

I lurk the knit thread on SF. So many nice sweaters in there. I'm looking for some chunky knits too

will finally grab one of those soon

Material is different I believe.
This is the blue coat, cotton/wool mix:

The grey one is more like this, wool/cashmere:

I like this coat from these coats from the same designer too:

I actually picked up a Stephan Schneider Ijevan mid March and wasnt able to wear it since it got warmer but cant wait to bust it out soon.
SNS is also good since a lot of them go on sale and are pretty reasonable prices. I have a double breast paragon one that I'm thinking of selling though because i feel like there are too many shiny buttons :lol:

The one in the middle is :pimp:. Any idea what US stores are selling them? Probably way out of my price range

The one in the middle is :pimp:. Any idea what US stores are selling them? Probably way out of my price range

It's a Japanese brand and most proxy from there, which the clothing is much cheaper.

Here, I am not sure who has it in stock yet but HLorenzo and ArchiveSF carries the brand. Farfetch.com is a good place to order from though, shipping covers all the fees and it's free at the moment.

I actually picked up a Stephan Schneider Ijevan mid March and wasnt able to wear it since it got warmer but cant wait to bust it out soon.
SNS is also good since a lot of them go on sale and are pretty reasonable prices. I have a double breast paragon one that I'm thinking of selling though because i feel like there are too many shiny buttons :lol:
Patiently waiting to rock an overcoat too. Thing is super warm.

Back
Top Bottom