Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Solid fit E. Bet you nailed the interview :smokin
Only thing I would change is to do a half windsor instead of a full one if you are going with a button down shirt

I'd change those lacing. :lol:

I know it isn't the first time you heard it but on sneakers it can get a pass but on dress shoes, it just looks wrong and weird to me, almost makes the shoes uber-casual.

Solid fit E. Bet you nailed the interview :smokin
Only thing I would change is to do a half windsor instead of a full one if you are going with a button down shirt
Agree. Wool tie is too thick usually for a full Windsor too. I do half even if it's a spread collar.

That knot :x

Cool oxford Supreme put out today:

Tried looking for this one on suit supply. They don't have it with the vest :frown:

This is how they get you to go the MTM route. You can always have the vest made, I think it's anywhere from $200-400.

today to an interview, shoes curtesy of Carlin

lets not beat a dead horse about the lacing...

Very nice! Love the Sanderson in snuff, wondering if I should have ordered those instead.

Yeah I was torn between monk straps and loafers since I don't have either right now. Figured loafers would be better since I'm just starting to expand my dress footwear. I'll wait a little before the monk straps.

I was going to go with the Black Neumoras but as Adrian pointed out do I really have a need for a black shoe as I rarely wear them anyway.

ksteezy, you killed that fit but I agree with everyone about the tie knot. Half windsor would have been better.

I was running late and seriously was having a serious trouble doing the knot...lol did the full Windsor and it came out decent so I left it and ran out te door, fr some reason I couldn't get the length right and just didn't have time to play around with it....I totally agree with a tie that thick a half Windsor is much better...next time, thanks bros.

Lacing...I'm sorry but ya beating a dead horse..I've tried changing and is just my style/preference....I don't feel like myself fully lacing my shoes...is weird.

Just got off the phone with them again, had to get those Sanderson Snuff Suede. My whole $375 profit from selling the DB5s went to these shoes. Three pairs of dress shoes charged to the sneaker game
pimp.gif
Thank you bots
happy.gif

Lacing...I'm sorry but ya beating a dead horse..I've tried changing and is just my style/preference....I don't feel like myself fully lacing my shoes...is weird.

You need to get past it bro, :lol:

I'm sure there were a ton of adjustments switching from street/casual/college wear to "dressing better" (*for lack of better term) wear, think of the lacing as another adjustment.

Like the play on patterns.

Henley came in. Upper fits how I wanted it to(I wear a L, but bought a XL for a baggy look) only issue is the length. Still worth the 22.99 Might double up.

Been lurking this thread for the last few weeks. Heard about the AE 250 deal and definitely wanted to get in on it after missing the last one around Labor Day.

As someone who definitely needs to expand his professional wardrobe, I wanted to take advantage as best I could.

Managed to actually turn the 2 for 250 into a 3 for 375.

Black and brown Brooks Park Aves, and a pair of walnut 5th Aves. Would you guys say thats a solid starting rotation?

Been lurking this thread for the last few weeks. Heard about the AE 250 deal and definitely wanted to get in on it after missing the last one around Labor Day.

As someone who definitely needs to expand his professional wardrobe, I wanted to take advantage as best I could.

Black and brown Brooks Park Aves, and a pair of walnut 5th Aves. Would you guys say thats a solid starting rotation?

Great shoes, definitely for the price and a huge plus in getting 3 different colors but all cap toes? Don't get me wrong, I like captoes and think they're versatile but I think you could've gone with a little more variety in styles. Just my opinion and it is solid overall.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with them again, had to get those Sanderson Snuff Suede. My whole $375 profit from selling the DB5s went to these shoes. Three pairs of dress shoes charged to the sneaker game :pimp: Thank you bots :D

So glad they are out in my size otherwise I'd be doing the same thing smh

Great selection! Wanted the BB Park Aves in brown but they were out. The black and brown BB Park Aves will keep you set for years, the wlanut ones are going to be great for when you want to go for a more casual shoe.

4Qw9an1.jpg

In the Mid 2000's, 'Shrunken suits' became a fad, and are still a style today (See Tom Brown).

Couldn't even spell Thom Browne correctly.

Pictures were cool, writing/comments were eh.

I was running late and seriously was having a serious trouble doing the knot...lol did the full Windsor and it came out decent so I left it and ran out te door, fr some reason I couldn't get the length right and just didn't have time to play around with it....I totally agree with a tie that thick a half Windsor is much better...next time, thanks bros.

Do a 4IH with a BD collar.
I would personally never do a full windor. 4IH for pretty much every collar and half windsor for cutaway collars

Back
Top Bottom