Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Been wanting to pick up those white canvas wingtips for a while! Did they have a sale or is there a coupon floating around?
I work at a Cole Haan outlet and I can tell you that if you spend $250 or more on your subtotal we could give you $50 off. Thats about the only deal we ever got going on unless your signed up for our email mailing list then at times they have have a deal where you get an additional 20% off an item. And at the outlets, we switch the percentages or deals on Tuesday nights so they go into effect starting Wednesday. But the deals usually change every two to three weeks. Also if the store doesn't have your size of the shoe you want, just ask anyone working and see if they can located it at a different store. If they have it, you pay for it at that store and the store which has it ships it to your house or your choice of location within the US for free via FedEx ground. Unless it's on clearance than shipping is $10.95 or if the product came from an inline store.

I'm in the market for a navy blazer I can wear year round. I want something that fits pretty well so I don't look like a frat boy wearing my dad's blazer. Any suggestions? I really like the herringbone one on J. Crew but I'm a afraid it lacks versatility in the warmer months.. I saw a few nice ones on Land's End too. Any insight would be great!

Just copped for 34.99 few sizes left
LINK

Just copped for 34.99 few sizes left
LINK
Oh, wow, I hate those so much :lol:

Since there was talk of the new jcp brand a couple pages ago, I thought I'd just chime in and say it's pretty good, and this is coming from someone who hated the stuff they had before. The fit seems to be moving more towards a modern style, but most of it's still too wide for me, especially the pants :smh: :\ Quality's up, too, which is the biggest improvement. Y'all should check it out if you want some cheaper options for basic stuff. Cant wait to see what Wooster's cooked up for the spring/summer lineup.

Man I wish I had the money to take advantage of the Allen Edmond sale.

There are always sales, however I did manage to scoop up some Fifth Avenue's this time around. Just save your money and be ready for the next one.

Got the used pair that I took a chance on via eBay, must say that I am really pleased. It's an AE pair of Fifth Avenue's as well, in black and they are fully reconditioned from the AE factory. Took a chance and looks like it paid off ($85). It's going to probably be my go to black dress shoe so well worth it.

I work at a Cole Haan outlet and I can tell you that if you spend $250 or more on your subtotal we could give you $50 off. Thats about the only deal we ever got going on unless your signed up for our email mailing list then at times they have have a deal where you get an additional 20% off an item. And at the outlets, we switch the percentages or deals on Tuesday nights so they go into effect starting Wednesday. But the deals usually change every two to three weeks. Also if the store doesn't have your size of the shoe you want, just ask anyone working and see if they can located it at a different store. If they have it, you pay for it at that store and the store which has it ships it to your house or your choice of location within the US for free via FedEx ground. Unless it's on clearance than shipping is $10.95 or if the product came from an inline store.

Really need to take advantage of my Cole Haan hookup, Nike employee's get 50% off. Took advantage for friends when I worked at Nike but didn't really need dress shoes myself. Time to stock up before Nike unloads it as planned in May 2013. Thanks for the "stock locate" tip, didn't know they did that.

Need to try a pair of Alpha Khaki's, where's the best place to buy? Kohl's?

Full size run of everything, but that's all. Wont be getting replenished.
We didnt get the Ian Velardi peacoat and it was weird that we only got 1 medium and 1 large of the leather jackets. We were expecting 4 :nerd:
I work at the flagship store in Canada (Toronto), so size runs may differ in the States.

Does the Gap Employee discount work on the collab? I called yesterday but the lady wasn't too sure on whether it would work or it wouldn't.

Before i pull the trigger those Mcnairy Cargo's look really good. But wool? is that going to be a little too hot?

I can't decide between Mcnairy's or Todd Snyder slim cargos. But i will be getting one of them. And size wise do these fit like gap slim fit chino's? I love my gap slim chino's in a 32x32 but for 511s i size up to 34x32.

Help is appreciated thanks guys

I got caught out in the rain yesterday. Should I do anything to care for my dress shoes or are they fine as is? Right now I just used a damp towel to wipe off any dirt and what not and put the shoe trees in them and that's it.

Before i pull the trigger those Mcnairy Cargo's look really good. But wool? is that going to be a little too hot?
I can't decide between Mcnairy's or Todd Snyder slim cargos. But i will be getting one of them. And size wise do these fit like gap slim fit chino's? I love my gap slim chino's in a 32x32 but for 511s i size up to 34x32.

threw me off too. I think i might pass on the camos now.

threw me off too. I think i might pass on the camos now.

Yeah to the guy that tried them, i know this may be a dumb question but are they lined? I have never had wool pants so don't know if its like all ichy in there or if its lined with some sort of polyester? Are they light weight or heavy wool? Sorry for all the questions but i like the look of them better then the Snyder olive slim cargo. But if they are all sorts of itchy im gonna pass

Hey_

Since there was talk of the new jcp brand a couple pages ago, I thought I'd just chime in and say it's pretty good, and this is coming from someone who hated the stuff they had before. The fit seems to be moving more towards a modern style, but most of it's still too wide for me, especially the pants :smh: :\ Quality's up, too, which is the biggest improvement. Y'all should check it out if you want some cheaper options for basic stuff. Cant wait to see what Wooster's cooked up for the spring/summer lineup.

Yeah, it is nice to see that change.

Ron Johnson, the ex-Apple guru, made a good move with JCP.

It should only improve when Woost gets directly involved.

Out of what they currently have to offer, I'd saw the wool blazer is definitely something to take a serious look at. Beginner or otherwise.

What's the word on that Gap Family and Friends though? :nerd:

Julius F. Wrek

I agree some of the stuff at JCP is pretty impressive. They have this really nice flannel blazer in a light gray that I almost scooped up. The fit is surprisingly modern unlike all their other blazers.

I got caught out in the rain yesterday. Should I do anything to care for my dress shoes or are they fine as is? Right now I just used a damp towel to wipe off any dirt and what not and put the shoe trees in them and that's it.

Buy some waterproofer and shoe trees to absorb the moister.

Gap sucks; how is this collection now at the King of Prussia mall?!? it's the biggest and probably wealthiest mall in America

Did AE discontinue the Clifton? I don't see any on their site...
I think it is discontinued, and the sizing is pretty inconsistent, I have some in the same size, one pair is too small, the other is too big.  Just read the reviews and they have the chart on the left on how it runs size wise

if I never see Mark Mcnairy's name again...

$20 for a pair of white underwear that say tighty whities :lol: :smh:

I thought the GQ & Gap collection was very solid with great price points.

The Ian Velardi blazer for $138 with soft shoulders, patch pockets & slim arms.
The McNairy cmo wool cargos for $78 were insanely fly!
I only picked up the Todd Snyder Camo pocket t for $30

I agree the $30 beanies & $20 tighty whites briefs were hilarious.

Last edited:
Gap sucks; how is this collection now at the King of Prussia mall?!? it's the biggest and probably wealthiest mall in America
I'm confused did you mean not at? I figure you did if not I'm lost. As for the collection I like the striped peacoat and the wool cargos. Everything else seemed ok but I really like those 2 and the underwear on sale.

Did AE discontinue the Clifton? I don't see any on their site...

I believe AE discontinued the Clifton from their lineup, but you might still be able to find them at their factory outlet stores. They also carry them at Nordstrom.

AE sizing depends on the shoe last. I believe the key to the last is the last digit in the item/style #.

Back
Top Bottom