Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol: @ that notorious camo cargo pant pic. I believe SF knows what brand it is if someone wants to ask over there.

Last edited:
If you like the jacket, you can try to find it in stores and THEN determine if the price is justified by the quality. I understand looking at it as typical Gap products and whether they command that price point or not but it's a little foolish to judge it before you've seen it, the collaborative designer may very well have overseen its materials and construction to be sure they're content with their label being associated with it.

Either way, $350 is cheap for a leather jacket, ToJ are great but whether they're truly worth twice as much remains to be seen. If you don't want your leather jacket to have Gap's brand on it, that's on you and a different story.

The $350 leather actually doesn't look bad, it even has a removable shearling collar.
210brrp.jpg

Cargo doesn't look that slim in this pic but the price will likely turn off some people, $78.
66evqd.jpg

yeah I bought the oak color but sent them back; I think black is the best look
I wish the suede color was made in leather and I'd cop those in a second
these are my fav boots but the color in almost anything is impossible to find

:smile:

Just go with this year/last years

I've had both and the leather is almost the exact same color, only real different is the color of the laces and metal lace holes

Which model Tims are those?

I've handled the regular JCrew shirt and Wallace & Barnes and could tell you the W&B is slightly better. Not by much but it is better. Is it worth twice the price? Likely not.
You also have to pay for the design, color, material, etc... Then JCrew has to pay for the name W&B so they have to mark it up. These are judgment calls if you want to pay but W&B has most of the camo stuff at JCrew, if you want camo you have to buy W&B. I mean JCrew doesn't mark up their Nikes or Red Wings or Aldens unless it is actually a store exclusive (where a smaller number is made and likely cost a bit more to make). If JCrew were really in to stick it to their customers, they might as well mark those things up too.
WJ4 can say his own side on the matter of how well they hold up after wears and washes since he does own JCrew W&B items along with regular JCrew stuff, I only have experience with regular JCrew stuff but handling both items, I can tell W&B is slightly thicker and slightly better constructed. There are also exclusive colors, one material maybe better than used by regular JCrew items.
The color or design has nothing to do with the quality between the two. A W&B chambray is pretty much the same as a J crew Chambray. I cannot speak for how some of you wear your shirts, but after wear and dry cleaning, I have no problem with either shirts.

PS, I would LOVEEEE some Uniqlo perfect shape cargos, but they stopped phone orders and I know nobody in NY. Sucks -_-

Last edited:
The color or design has nothing to do with the quality between the two. A W&B chambray is pretty much the same as a J crew Chambray. I cannot speak for how some of you wear your shirts, but after wear and dry cleaning, I have no problem with either shirts.

PS, I would LOVEEEE some Uniqlo perfect shape cargos, but they stopped phone orders and I know nobody in NY. Sucks -_-

Dude PM, I may be in the area of a Uniqlo on Friday, may be able to scoop them up for you.

The $350 leather actually doesn't look bad, it even has a removable shearling collar.
210brrp.jpg

Cargo doesn't look that slim in this pic but the price will likely turn off some people, $78.
66evqd.jpg

Id assume the people who are really hyped about the collection could care less about 78 considering most of the stuff is around the high 50's. I wonder if the stuff would be excluded from coupons because I got a 30% off coupon in the mail yesterday

Id assume the people who are really hyped about the collection could care less about 78 considering most of the stuff is around the high 50's. I wonder if the stuff would be excluded from coupons because I got a 30% off coupon in the mail yesterday

if that 30% works on the leather jacket, it is copped. (Still got to look at it in person though)

Just a reminder that this years H&M collab is Maison Martin Margiela. Curious to see the collection.

Does anyone here use a tote bag? I keep seeing them in menswear blogs and magazines like GQ but I'm having a hard time seeing them used in a masculine way. They just look too much like a woman's bag to me but I can see the appeal in their function as a carryall type of bag. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
I have a army green one with red handles. If its in masculine colors you should be fine. Navy, Olive green, etc.

Couple fits from the past two days. One includes that red tweed herringbone blazer, figured I'd experiment and see what I could wear it with. Thankfully didn't have to tailor it.

Yesterday to teach (grizzlyboy thanks for the tie):

Today to run some errands
Looks good man!

Does anyone in here frequent Zara. This store has come in handy more and more as i diversify my closet
I had 2 jackets from them. The money to quality ratio is not worth it IMO. It's slightly better in quality than H&M, but prices are a lot higher.

I stopped by the local Clarks store. I didn't see the brogue boots with tweed inserts that I posted a picture of via Tumblr.

These two DBs are pretty cool though.
tumblr_mazk4rCcJq1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mazk3i4MDy1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

This is the best item I've seen at Banana Republic in several years.
tumblr_mazkjezrpF1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Today's outfit:

Last edited:

Color may not have much to do with quality but color selection differs in price. Reading through threads at SF for the past 8 years on people who started and tried to start their own clothing company has taught me that you simply do not get the different cloth and different patterns for the same price, some does cost more than the other. Not all cloths and pattern are created equal.

So that does affect the price of the clothing. A slight change in the percentage of the cotton material can also alter the price, it may only increase is by a few cents per yard or per meter but you buy a big enough bulk and that adds up along with a higher mark-up.

My bday is 10/1 going out to dinner with fam and partying at Trendy Lounge. i hate asking for dressing better tip, but can anyone help me on things to wear -__- I know :lol:

Yea ive never really tried one of their sports coats or jackets which are usually pretty pricey... But for casual shirts & chinos i must say they have been pretty good quality especially when you catch the items on sale. They have some pretty well designed stuff in there

My bday is 10/1 going out to dinner with fam and partying at Trendy Lounge. i hate asking for dressing better tip, but can anyone help me on things to wear -__- I know :lol:
What kind of items do you have in your closet already that you can work with? Are you willing to go shopping this weekend? Demand gifts.

And tell me that Trendy Lounge isn't the actual name of the establishment...

Only thing I thought was worth buying from the GQ x Gap collection. These wool cargos by McNairy fit slim (same fit as those slim cargos out now from Gap), but the camo is really dark. From far, you cant even tell its camo lol.

214e1j5.jpg

Last edited:
Only thing I thought was worth buying from the GQ x Gap collection. These wool cargos by McNairy fit slim (same fit as those slim cargos out now from Gap), but the camo is really dark. From far, you cant even tell its camo lol.
214e1j5.jpg

How does the fit compare to Levis? thanks

Back
Top Bottom