Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm not feeling ReturnBama's fit at all. The clothes are nice and fit you well but I feel like the whole ensemble is put together wrong.
When I look at you from the waist up, you look like you're going to a business meeting or something, real crisp and clean.
Then when I look from the waist down ****** it just doesn't match up. It looks way too casual. If you had matching pants for that jacket the fit would be fire. Weird how it is now IMO.
Not bashing you, just my opinion.
I think you may need to pair it with a pair of slacks and not chinos.
Thank you both for the input

The tie width is fine. It's just that those Ludlow jackets have anemic "trendy" lapels. Either get a jacket with a classic 3-3.5 inch lapel or if you stick with the Ludlow, get a tie between 2-3''.

And the shirts collar should not be narrower. It should be wider so that the collar points hide under the lapels of the jacket.
I mean narrow as in skinnier width, but a wider spread would work too. 

I'm not feeling ReturnBama's fit at all. The clothes are nice and fit you well but I feel like the whole ensemble is put together wrong.
When I look at you from the waist up, you look like you're going to a business meeting or something, real crisp and clean.
Then when I look from the waist down ****** it just doesn't match up. It looks way too casual. If you had matching pants for that jacket the fit would be fire. Weird how it is now IMO.
Not bashing you, just my opinion.

I second this. Waist up is on point. :smokin

When I first saw this pic, I could hear my tailor, mom, and dad yell, TAKE YOUR HANDS OUT YOUR POCKETS!!!

I do it too for pics or when peps ask to check me out. Its a younger generation thing I guess. I notice the older genration usually does hand gestures for pics. Never in pockets.

Not sure what look he was going for but the top half while clean, is too dressy for your bottom half. Loose the tie and pocket square and if may look better. Not really feeling the shoes. Pants look like they are bunching in the crouch. I would take the shoes over the pant though. Its a small pet peeve of mine but it seems that the tips of your collar are suspended in space they should lay flat on the shirt.

No major rules were violated as i scan but I would give you A from the waist up, C waist down, and a B all around. Normally would not separate grading but really wanted show what i think works.

Last edited:
I wouldn't listen to any of FutureMD's advice on dressing better.

I only listen to people who actually post fits in here.

If you can't post your fit and take constructive criticism, I don't think you should be dishing any out either. Just my opinion.
I'm hurt. 
eyes.gif

If you can't post your fit and take constructive criticism, I don't think you should be dishing any out either. Just my opinion.
I'm hurt. 
eyes.gif
I'm just saying man...if I haven't seen you post a fit in here then I'm not listening to any advice you give.

This is one thread in which the validity of your posts, and the worth of your contributions, comes from your appearance in the pictures you post.

I don't care how many GQ articles you've read and cite on here. This is an applied science. Post fit, get criticism/suggestions, improve, post fit again, until you become refined.

Now if you are a master dresser and would like to enlighten us, or, you want us to help you out some, then please, go ahead and post some of your fits. Otherwise, no one should care about your input.
I like how you go out of your way to address me though. Leave your hurt feelings from other threads out of this.

But yes, its nice to know you won't value anything I have to say.

Go ahead, Mr. Style. We'll all be watching. Waiting. ...Learning. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

For the sake of this thread I'm done addressing you.
How noble. Kinda like taking the time to address me in the first place wasn't at the detriment of this tread? 

The name "FutureMD" gets you hot. 

and I don't take you seriously when you say stuff like: 
But yes, I'm sure you will be sitting behind your computer screen watching while I'm stylin' in the streets.
I'm sure we're all awaiting that Pic-Stitch x Instagram x Tumblr collab. 
eyes.gif

Anyways, what are you all's thoughts on traditional width ties. Is there really any place for them these days? I haven't seen a regular sized tie in ages. 

Last edited:
Anyone recommend a pair of slim olive chinos? I've seen Gap's lived in version but the olive is too dark for me. Also I've seen levi's 511 in olive but 511's run wayyyy too tight. Suggestions?

I'm hurt. :rolleyes

I'm just saying man...if I haven't seen you post a fit in here then I'm not listening to any advice you give.

This is one thread in which the validity of your posts, and the worth of your contributions, comes from your appearance in the pictures you post.

I don't care how many GQ articles you've read and cite on here. This is an applied science. Post fit, get criticism/suggestions, improve, post fit again, until you become refined.

Now if you are a master dresser and would like to enlighten us, or, you want us to help you out some, then please, go ahead and post some of your fits. Otherwise, no one should care about your input.
:lol:
Thank you threadmaster. Maybe, just maybe, some of us have used our own real-world experiences to refine our style and don't feel the need to turn to either GQ or validation from others on a message board.

That's nothing against the people who do, those who either need critiquing or positive reinforcement for themselves but personally, if someone I knew in real life was posting pictures of them just standing there, I'd wonder. I don't do it because I think it's a little odd and unnecessary. I really couldn't care less if you or anyone takes my advice, it's just funny how you feel like you can determine whether people should care about others input.

Anyone recommend a pair of slim olive chinos? I've seen Gap's lived in version but the olive is too dark for me. Also I've seen levi's 511 in olive but 511's run wayyyy too tight. Suggestions?

Macys has the same Olive 511s in 508 cut. It is much more forgiving in the thigh area, give it a shot.

Anyways, what are you all's thoughts on traditional width ties. Is there really any place for them these days? I haven't seen a regular sized tie in ages. 

I think Nii still uses traditional width ties and he is always sharp. Your clothes just have to match like the lapels can't be super slim and the whole suit can't be skin tight.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback I've gotten on here from members who post fits I personally like.

I'm not going to blindly listen to anyone. That's all I was trying to say.

I don't need critiquing or positive reinforcement either. Sometimes you think your fit is fire, then you post, and people point out things you didn't even realize. It's nit-picky, but helpful as well.

I've never picked up a GQ or any fashion magazine in my life BTW.
That's cool and all but you just don't get it. You wrote as if you have some authority and that if someone doesn't post their "fits" "no one should care about your input." You're the one that mentioned the idea that others have simply read and cite GQ articles.

I don't know if it was something personal against FutureMD but you wrote that as a pretty broad statement like those of us who don't post pics don't have a valid opinion for that reason alone.

I've never posted a fit and guys here still 100 percent agree with my fashion tips.....

I sincerely appreciate the feedback I've gotten on here from members who post fits I personally like.

I'm not going to blindly listen to anyone. That's all I was trying to say.

I don't need critiquing or positive reinforcement either. Sometimes you think your fit is fire, then you post, and people point out things you didn't even realize. It's nit-picky, but helpful as well.
I've never picked up a GQ or any fashion magazine in my life BTW.
That's cool and all but you just don't get it. You wrote as if you have some authority and that if someone doesn't post their "fits" "no one should care about your input." You're the one that mentioned the idea that others have simply read and cite GQ articles.

I don't know if it was something personal against FutureMD but you wrote that as a pretty broad statement like those of us who don't post pics don't have a valid opinion for that reason alone.
No no no, I wasn't implying that others simply read and cite GQ articles. If you know FutureMD's style of posting he will prove his point (which he usually does and is accurate) by pyrmaid quoting, breaking down posts, and citing articles to support his claims. He usually drops a lot of good knowledge. However, fashion isn't that black and white, it's more subjective and based on personal taste. That's why I personally only take advice from those who I've seen have a similar taste to me and have proved that with the pictures they post.
I posted my opinion on fixing his collar and tie and you got all aggy. You'd have thought I stepped on your clarks or something. 
laugh.gif
...or whatever non-GQ readers wear 
grin.gif

EDIT: 
My bad guise I'm done. It's not that serious. Sorry if I offended or discredited anyone.
All good. 

Last edited:
Hey_
Went down to Aventura to check out the collection.
It seems to me, that the Todd Snider stuff was of the best quality.
Saturdays NYC really impressed me, especially the waxed cotton bomber and the oxford.
The best of Ovadia & Sons is probably the cardigan.
Julius F. Wrek

Was thinking about hitting Aventura to try those Camo pants but idk about that wool down here in FL.. :rolleyes

Macys has the same Olive 511s in 508 cut. It is much more forgiving in the thigh area, give it a shot.

I ordered some dark denim 508s from Amazon....I wonder if the Macys near me has this fit too....thanks RFX

for real K,

Im scrolling along reading and mirin our thread.

and all of a sudden BOOM.

If he contributes fine. but I swear if this somehow turns into a religious debate

Dude literally tried to set up rules and guidelines for this thread out of nowhere.

:lol:

Anyway, "traditional" width ties are abundant.

Back
Top Bottom