Dressing Better Vol 2.0

what are a good pair of black oxford shoes that i can use for casual wear w/ jeans or khakis?

what are a good pair of black oxford shoes that i can use for casual wear w/ jeans or khakis?
Oxford AKA balmoral is a formal shoe. What you are looking for is a derby or oxford.

I would also opt out and get a shade of brown instead of black.

Is this for work?
If it's casual, don't go with this look, it's not a good one.
Oh yeah, what's your budget?

Just for casual wear. Dinner, drinks, etc.
what about a pair of bluchers? Would that be ideal for casual wear?
Budget would be $200+

Black oxfords, or black dress shoes in general are very hard to dress down. They look silly when worn casually, personal opinion.

Play with shades of brown: saddle, bucks, desert boots, casual wing tips, etc.

Black oxfords or dress shoes can be done, but not many could pull it off even when they think they are doing it.

Budget would be $200+

Look for ...
1z3ywc7.jpg

Last edited:
Look for ...
1z3ywc7.jpg
I like the postman looking oxfords similar to Raf Simons And Jil Sander. They dont have that lil two piece arch design. I think it makes the oxford look cheap. It also makes the shoe more versitile. IMO

Last edited:
Budget would be $200+
$200+ is a huge range, man. You're talking from entry level AE to cream of the crop stuff at $1,500-2,000.

I would suggest Alden Plain Toe Bluchers in cordovan shell, either #8, whiskey, or cigar would be a great and versatile color. Similar to what RFX posted, except the material is made from a horse's rear.

I think Nii still uses traditional width ties and he is always sharp. Your clothes just have to match like the lapels can't be super slim and the whole suit can't be skin tight.

Agree. If you're a short and stocky guy you might want to stay away from a 4" tie though.

I wear a tie everyday to work, and I wouldn't be caught wearing a Ryan Seacrest skinny tie even if it was at my funeral.

35d3q5k.jpg

Sorry for the unnecessarily large ninjahood sized pic

Last edited:
Agree. If you're a short and stocky guy you might want to stay away from a 4" tie though.
I wear a tie everyday to work, and I wouldn't be caught wearing a Ryan Seacrest skinny tie even if it was at my funeral.
35d3q5k.jpg

Sorry for the unnecessarily large ninjahood sized pic
clean fit bro :pimp:

Fellas, the skinny lapel is nothing new. You can see the mods wearing them back 3-5 decades ago. For me, 2.5" is the sweet spot for notch, and 2.75-3" is for peak. 3-3.5" is also workable, and not my preference.

Since footwear was brought up, I thought I should link some stuff I posted about shoes/boots.

Got my Remake shirts today from Indochino, overall I am very happy with the way they came out. They fixed everything, probably need to get it slimmed down on the sides but no more than an inch on each side.

Hey_

Just received a 20 % discount card in the mail from Clark's.

Good in store and online until 10/17/2012.

Does not exclude desert boots.

Online promo code: F1288EUR

Julius F. Wrek

Reactions: wj4
Your local Dillard's should be running an extra 40% off sale items this weekend. Their marked down dress shirts may be worth checking out. It prolly will take a lil time to find the slim or fitted ones tho. If u don't mind the regular fit ones then u should def be able to come up on some decent pickups for 20 bucks or so.

Got my Remake shirts today from Indochino, overall I am very happy with the way they came out. They fixed everything, probably need to get it slimmed down on the sides but no more than an inch on each side.
i looked at the measurements for the order that shipped for me and they do not look like the same measurements i gave them
sick.gif
. suits coming in next week, hoping for the best. 75 might not be enough to tailor the shirt and the suit if its way off

Got my Levis 508s in the darkest wash yesterday....fit is a little snug initially since I sized down but overall the fit is :smokin :smokin Just found my new favorite jeans, probably gonna order one more pair soon

Question though: anybody have an idea of where I can get a toggle (button) shawl collar sweater for sub $100? I saw somebody wearing a gary marled looking one and it was pretty nice :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
As soon as I came across 508's the 511's bscame second option..
They're a lot roomier in the crotch area but still have a slim tapered leg which is perfect.
I liked the 521's a little better tho because they sit better at the waist

You guys got me wanting to order a pair of 508's now, can't find them in olive though. Might have to take a drive up to macy's, hopefully their roomie in the crotch and long enough #tallguyproblems

Back
Top Bottom