Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Figure I start contributing pics when I can. Finally get to wear some sneakers for casual Friday
happy.gif

What is your price range? If you have $400-600 to spend you are definitely better off getting something outside of a ludlow. The construction is very poor for the price they charge. Look into MTM (made to measure). Indochino is currently running a sale. There are 3 piece suits on their site for $400 and if you measure properly, little to no alterations will be needed.

Thick As Thieves LA also does MTM, and their construction is top tier especially at only $500 a suit. However, their sizing on works for slim dudes. No bigger than a 42 chest.

If you feel uncomfortable about providing measurements, Suit Supply have great cuts off the rack and their in house tailor offers unbelievably great prices for any alterations that need to be made. Suits can be had for as low as $399.

Just my two cents.

thanks for the tips; i'm on Thick As Thieves and they have plenty of model pics using you and wj4 :lol: . I guess an extra hundred or two wouldnt hurt for good quality. any tips that i should be familiar with?
No tips really. Jason (dude who owns it) is a straight shooter. Tell him when you want and what purpose the suit will be serving (interviews, casual, formal stuff, etc.) and he'll steer you in the right direction in terms of cut/options. Feel free to PM me for more details if you want.
One recommendation I would say, is to ask for the traditional cut in terms of length for the jacket. The house cut is a cropped jacket and wouldn't prove as useful for interviews and such.

ohhhhhhhh thats who you are... got banned?

I used to see a lot of that Famous Naked jeans at Barneys coop sale, someone asked pages back if those sales were good, those sales were amazing if you had the patience to really look through the bins and search, I found so many pairs of Nudies/RRL/APC, Vince sweaters for such a steal, also these really great quality levis cargos, their high end though (no red tab) ... on one trip I left with a few purple label items as well.

A couple of things: Need a nice navy or grey tweed slim fit blazer (46r) and a nice belt to match my walnut Dalton's. Like to keep under $200 if possible.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...ref=mens-clothing/mens-outerwear/mens-blazers
No offense meant but I would avoid this Magic. As a larger dude, you would not want a cropped jacket along with a higher button stance. It will not work well for your frame. Go with the choices I PM'd you, the JCF jackets will elongate your torso due to its lower stance and normal length. This will be more visually appealing.

I'm actually wearing my herringbone today as part of the challenge. Pics of that and my Dalton's later tonight fellas

For the dudes that workout, squats and deadlifts, I found the 484 jcrew fit to fit odd still. I'm a 30W and the waist would fit but my thighs and calves wouldn't at all.

Tried on the Urban Slim Fit and those are money. Fit on the waist and thighs/calves a bit better.

Having big hips solves that for me, even at my best shape, never been below a 34. Currently sitting at 36, and size up depending on brand, tailor accordingly.

^Waiting on pics of these Trickers wj4... Also, what BR camo crewneck were you thinking about? Blue or grey?

Can anyone recommend me a nice pair of double monks? I'm open to either dark brown or black. I'm tired of the Farragamo's and AE's. Leather sole, please.

I know Meermin gets a bad wrap especially on sites like SF but I love mine, wore them 3 times this week. Very comfortable and a great price:

Yes I had the top strap on done for today, just don't feel like strapping it up...yet.
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sa...FB-3766-0000026245CDA6AC_zps2e091b6c.jpg.html

Last edited:
jumpmankb was my old name. Since '03 :wink:

:wow: :wow: :wow: I was wondering why you stopped posting in this thread. What happened to the old name?

Can anyone recommend me a nice pair of double monks? I'm open to either dark brown or black. I'm tired of the Farragamo's and AE's. Leather sole, please.

I know Meermin gets a bad wrap especially on sites like SF but I love mine, wore them 3 times this week. Very comfortable and a great price:

Yes I had the top strap on done for today, just don't feel like strapping it up...yet.
http://s155.photobucket.com/user/sa...FB-3766-0000026245CDA6AC_zps2e091b6c.jpg.html

Zero dambs

Oh yeah. I saw the cipher from the Husbands of Hollywood on the BET awards. Dbnt should go in. The local cats link up to make a vid!

Back
Top Bottom