Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Winning :pimp:

In terms of tie knots stick with either a four hand, double four in hand, windsor, or half windsor. Everything else looks silly

I need some help her niketalk fam, I'm buying a pair of prps jeans..... can anyone tell me do they last a long time.... The jeans I wear are mostly A&F baxter fit I go for the destroyed look just can't stand being the plain jane... And another thing do they tend to run big or small...I'm ordering online haven't tried on a pair but the style is slim straight, so I imagine their true to size? anyone out there have a pair that would love to share with me if they're worth it or not...

You should ask in the denim thread. Or pm stillin79, he's the resident prps expert.

Do you know what he does (or did, if he's retired) for a living?
Nope. Posted by the owner of Epaulet to show us on the Epaulet thread.

Truthfully there's tons of gents like him on SF. A lot with more expensive suits and gear too. That suit is only around $1k so he doesn't have to be a millionaire or anything that well off.

In terms of tie knots stick with either a four hand, double four in hand, windsor, or half windsor. Everything else looks silly
Agreed. Also depends on the material. A double or full Windsor on a wool or knit tie would be ridiculous.

Long time no see, Mike! Hope all is well.

Anybody knows the different type of tie knots? What is the most common wear for a modern suit? Or is it based on type of shirt collars?

I disagree Wes. I think they all have a place. Here are the different styles.

http://www.tieatie.com/

I've never even heard of the Pratt Shelby, looks like a smaller half windsor. But when I was talking about everything else looking silly I was referring to knots like these

Damn those AE Carson boots are it! Do they come in other colors?

these were all on sale on allen edmonds website in all colors for 197 from 350 black friday

i posted these in the boot thread

http://niketalk.com/t/505296/official-fall-winter-2013-14-boot-thread-lets-see-them/540

post # 561, if you click the link i provided in there they are no longer available

We're sorry. This product has recently sold out and is no longer available for purchase. We are in the process of removing it from our website.

Last edited:

off to j crew factory now in my 50 dollar boots. look great in person ive gotten compliments

i will admit im just cheap when it comes to clothes these days

i wont pay retail for clothing period

o yea i will also buy pre owned clothes on eBay from time to time also.

so any of you bigger guys wanna get rid of some things

TheTim im looking at you, send me a PM first paypal is ready

Last edited:
Also at J Crew (but not J Crew Factory) get a $25 statement credit on purchases over $100 if you use an AmEx card. Saw it on fatwallet. Might go later to pick up a fair isle sweater I saw on Black Friday.

Also at J Crew (but not J Crew Factory) get a $25 statement credit on purchases over $100 if you use an AmEx card. Saw it on fatwallet. Might go later to pick up a fair isle sweater I saw on Black Friday.

re-thinking this

last time i went to the j crew factory everything was pretty blah verse the j crew store

i have a company xmas party on friday an i was thinking about the fair isle sweater in mind also

this one

edit: 30% off store/online and 25 if you use AmEx, sweet

Anybody knows the different type of tie knots? What is the most common wear for a modern suit? Or is it based on type of shirt collars?

There's so many knots you can use on a tie.

The most common knots you'll see are the half-windsor, full windsor, four in hand and the Pratt. The half-windsor is the most common you'll see. Although, latley, I've been seeing a ton of people wearing full-windsors with regular collar shirts. This is kind of "unnatural", because you're supposed to wear the full windsor with a spread collar.

I'm not even sure what knot I use. Just do it the way my dad taught me way back and it's natural now.

wis, i like that old mans suit..but damn does he have a huge dome. :lol:

i was telling someone at work.. you know you're getting old when you're actually excited about getting a sweater for christmas. lol

Nope. Posted by the owner of Epaulet to show us on the Epaulet thread.

Truthfully there's tons of gents like him on SF. A lot with more expensive suits and gear too. That suit is only around $1k so he doesn't have to be a millionaire or anything that well off.
Agreed. Also depends on the material. A double or full Windsor on a wool or knit tie would be ridiculous.

Long time no see, Mike! Hope all is well.
I am fiinally free from school finals and I got married. (laughing) Hopefully, I'll be around a little more before the new semester starts. How are you buddy?

The most common knots you'll see are the half-windsor, full windsor, four in hand and the Pratt. The half-windsor is the most common you'll see. Although, latley, I've been seeing a ton of people wearing full-windsors with regular collar shirts. This is kind of "unnatural", because you're supposed to wear the full windsor with a spread collar.

I love throwing out the Eldridge. Folks flip out. I use it sparingly though.

I do the worst tie ever,

Like one loop and its like a half of a half windsor.

Really gotta take the time to do the others.
roll.gif

I love throwing out the Eldridge. Folks flip out. I use it sparingly though.

I just googled it... :x

I expect that to be worn with a shiny Express-colored shirt by 60 year old mafiaso types bathed in cologne or Steve Harvey circa 2000, preacher looking dudes.

Back
Top Bottom