Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not sure if posted but if you were lurking Nordstroms sale, second drop today on some items. Copped the one item I had to have. Waiting on two others since they have a FSR.

cannot go wrong with a pea coat

Here is a picture of what my navy issue one looks like. It's been around the world and back. I could write a book on the things it's seen. Very powerful coat. The rank on the sleeve instantly opens up conversations with the ladies.

Mine has some questionable female stains but I wear them with honor. I was issue it in boot camp back in 99.

All you need is Morrissey/The Smiths for hipster chicks.

Thanks for that. I'm just getting into hipster chicks. VA gave me glasses to help me read recently and now I get allot of hipster love. Need some good tunes to keep them interested.

and

@ that hip hop list with zero jay-z on it
Yeah, man. NewMJ has some amazing tales from making love to a Japanese woman in his peacoat to renting Ferraris on a vacation island and buying prostitutes at 80% off. He helps keep the thread going :lol:

You dress better but dont listen better? Nobody got any jazz or opera in their vault?

:lol:

I'm not done!! I'm more of an R&B person myself, but there's definitely some jazz and opera in there. I'm personally enjoying Gregory Porter's latest as well as Robert Glasper's Black Radio 2.

Where's your list?

Last edited:

I'm not done!! I'm more of an R&B person myself, but there's definitely some jazz and opera in there.

Where's your list?
The jazz channel on satellite radio is clutch after work.

I've been listening to international music the last few years.

Only reason I am aware of what's popular In the USA is due to satellite radio.

As long as I can vibe to the melody, that's good enough for me since music is universal.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I'm not done!! I'm more of an R&B person myself, but there's definitely some jazz and opera in there.

Where's your list?
Femi- Ala Jalkoum

Peter Brotzmann- More Nipples

Brian Mcknight- Anytime

Shorty Long-The Prime of Shorty Long

Dr Dre. The Chronic

Just a quick few. I like tons of music bruh
[h1]  [/h1]

Nice, thanks!

In terms of blazers/sportcoats, where is a good place to look for these (preferably on the low)?

Also, how would you guys piece an outfit with chelsea boots? Would you consider them to be versatile?

Chelsea is supposed to be a country shoe rather than city. This means more casual wearing with tweed and heavy wool trousers. I think it depends on the last. I have a pair and the last is a bit chiseled and look handsome with softer handed fabrics that are city suits.

You dress better but dont listen better? Nobody got any jazz or opera in their vault?

I listed 3 jazz albums sir. I could go on and on about jazz though
Can't say I've ever listened to opera.

But also just because someone wears suits doesn't mean they can't enjoy top 40 too

I listed 3 jazz albums sir. I could go on and on about jazz though
Can't say I've ever listened to opera.

But also just because someone wears suits doesn't mean they can't enjoy top 40 too
Yes. Just because I have a 3 pc suit on doesn't mean I can't listen to Chinx, Lantana or whoever else.

Btw: All hustle, no luck at the gym :pimp:

and

@ that hip hop list with zero jay-z on it
Yeah, man. NewMJ has some amazing tales from making love to a Japanese woman in his peacoat to renting Ferraris on a vacation island and buying prostitutes at 80% off. He helps keep the thread going :lol:

Wait where these actual stories posted in the thread or just a way of saying he brings quality stories on the reg? I don't think I would've missed them but who knows. I def remember the Express chick and was gonna comment but A beat me to it.

Wait where these actual stories posted in the thread or just a way of saying he brings quality stories on the reg? I don't think I would've missed them but who knows. I def remember the Express chick and was gonna comment but A beat me to it.
The former, in this thread. The latter, I don't recall.

Being one of the oldest dudes in the thread, he has many interesting stories to share :smile:

Anyone buy a leather jacket recently? Maybe i'm too picky but it's been difficult for me to find a nice plain one. Would be nice to find one to wear in the spring. The designs that macy's and nordstroms carry are crap. Been looking for one with a moto collar or stand up collar with no zippered chest pockets and no zippered sleeves for around $500-600. Any brands I should be looking at?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom