Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone buy a leather jacket recently? Maybe i'm too picky but it's been difficult for me to find a nice plain one. Would be nice to find one to wear in the spring. The designs that macy's and nordstroms carry are crap. Been looking for one with a moto collar or stand up collar with no zippered chest pockets and no zippered sleeves for around $500-600. Any brands I should be looking at?
Add a hundred or so and go toj, bro. They may allow you to delete a pocket too. I haven't kept up with the thread but I've seen several one off jackets.

info on that briefcase. would be nice once it develops some patina. looks awkward brand new though
Agreed. It looks like how my Tanner Goods belt did brand new. The briefcase will be beautiful with time. Exposure to sun and oil as well as scratches will add nice characteristics.

Forgot to add, great outfit overall Nolan. Thanks for posting. The pocket square from your grandpa was a nice touch.

Agreed. It looks like how my Tanner Goods belt did brand new. The briefcase will be beautiful with time. Exposure to sun and oil as well as scratches will add nice characteristics.

info on that briefcase. would be nice once it develops some patina. looks awkward brand new though

Forgot to add, great outfit overall Nolan. Thanks for posting. The pocket square from your grandpa was a nice touch.

Thanks ya'll. I agree it is almost peacockish in it's current state, but I figure it's worth waiting for it to blossom.

Here's a comparison shot of my Tanner Goods wallet and the briefcase:

The briefcase is from a company called Uberbag. Context Leather and another saddlery I found had natural leather briefcases, but the price point was several hundred dollars more so I decided to give this bag a shot.

GZA - Liquid Swords
De La Soul - Stakes is High
NaS - Illmatic
Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
Black Moon - Enta Da Stage
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Black Star - Black Star
Common - Like Water For Chocolate
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
OutKast - ATLiens
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
O.C. - Word...Life
Showbiz & AG - Goodfellas

I've been a Hip Hop head for 20+ yrs so my essentials list is going to reflect that.

This list is perfect bro...mad favorites on here!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Next you're going to tell me Kanye is the greatest producer of all time

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :smh:  

Next you're going to tell me Kanye is the greatest producer of all time

Nope. Kanye has some classics, thats for sure, but not the greatest.

But as for Jay-Z, the rapper, his resume speaks for itself.

This isn't the right thread for this discussion, so lets agree to disagree, even though claiming Jay-Z as the greatest rapper ever isn't really an argument that can lose. :smokin

You're confusing business acumen with actual lyrical skill, in which Jay-Z comes nowhere near the top. But yeah, agree to disagree.

Last edited:
so reasonable doubt isn't one of the best hip hop albums ever? FOH b.

you can hate on hov all you want but that album is UNDENIABLE.. production wise alone its classic. plus he was spitting.

that's not to mention american gangster, blueprint and black album.

Antidope, is that you?

I'm going to go ahead and quote this before things get out of hand.

Keep the petty personal squabbling OUT of this thread. 

This goes for everyone here. You will not be asked again. You will not be warned again. You will be permanently removed from the discussion.

Everything below this line had better be on topic, or we will start tossing people.

[rule]

OK LET ME STOP THIS SINCE I STARTED IT AS A QUICK ASIDE.

LET'S DO A DBNT THIS OR THAT:

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOU8R OWN AFTER YOU ANSWER THE ONE ABOVE.

DBNT,

NAVY OR CHARCOAL SUIT?

Back
Top Bottom