Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Quick question on storage when it comes to Polos do you guys fold or hang, and if you do hang do you button to the top or as you wear them?
I hang polos, and shirts with collars and trousers. I fold t shirts and chinos. My wool and cashmere pieces are folded in Tupperware with bug repellent bags to prevent them from eating the fabric.
Folding is for suckas. I just leave a big pile on the floor.

Thanks I think I'm going to stick with hanging. I button to the top because i figure it can't hurt with keeping the form of the polo.

Thanks I think I'm going to stick with hanging. I button to the top because i figure it can't hurt with keeping the form of the polo.
If you have the room for it then by all means.

I don't have chinos and t shirts because I lack the space. And knits should never be hung.

Well, I should note that I absolutely love Balmain denim (though I don't own a pair yet), but those Zara knock-offs are just horrible.

Y'all know I'm all about my gap selvedge. However I could not do those skinny's. WAY too tight for me

However great come up on those. If they fit you, more power :pimp:

Gap skinny jeans fit you tight?. That's crazy those things are so baggy, don't even know why they label them skinny

Last edited:
I was packing and trying on clothes for my trip to Italy so I figured I'd snap a pic. I think this will be my go to outfit when I need to get a little dressed up.

I was packing and trying on clothes for my trip to Italy so I figured I'd snap a pic. I think this will be my go to outfit when I need to get a little dressed up.
Looking good. Is that jacket part of a suit? The patch pockets play well with the jeans and casual boots.

PS the house looks lovely as well.

Looking good. Is that jacket part of a suit? The patch pockets play well with the jeans and casual boots.

PS the house looks lovely as well.

Thanks my man. Nope, not part of a suit. It is just a sports coat / blazer (anyone care to explain the difference to me? I always forget.)

I heard through the grapevine that we've been getting some traffic from NT. Took you guys long enough. Lol.

:tongue:

Good to see you posting and doing big things!

Joined the J Crew clearance fun.  2 sweaters, a tshirt, cords, and Nike Killshot for about $130.  Wish I had gone in sooner.

Went today and whatever I liked they only had up to size 31, otherwise they didn't have anything for me.

Thanks my man. Nope, not part of a suit. It is just a sports coat / blazer (anyone care to explain the difference to me? I always forget.)
[h2]How to Buy a Blazer[/h2][h3]First you need to tell the difference between a blazer, sport coat, and suit jacket[/h3][h4]By Nick Sullivan[/h4]
19-blazer-vs-sportcoat-0709-lg.jpg

How would you explain the difference between a blazer, a sport coat, and a suit jacket?

— Mark Calicchio, San Pedro, Calif.

Fascinating question, Mark. In the U.S., blazer has come to mean anything that has sleeves and lapels and is worn with unmatched pants, but there are key differences between the three items you mention. In Europe and the tonier parts of the States — especially any place where messing about in boats is a big part of summer — a blazer [above, left] usually means a patch — pocket, navy — blue jacket with gold or (occasionally) silver buttons. The landlubberly sport coat [above, center], meanwhile, originally derived from the tweedy, robust coats worn while assisting in the untimely end of feathered or furry creatures. It had pockets with flaps, often an extra flapped ticket pocket, and was of softer construction than a suit jacket. As a modern fashion item, it should still retain the somewhat rustic, earthy look of its forebear (even when made in cashmere).

Finally, a suit jacket [above, right] will always be made of the finer stuff, i.e., worsted wool, and smooth to the touch. Still, all that said, it's rarely that cut — and — dried. Life's too short.

http://www.esquire.com/style/tips/blazer-vs-coat-vs-jacket-0709

Last edited:
The line is so blurred now and some see these two as interchangeable, but a blazer is usually a jacket with bold buttons in gold. Sports coat is like a suit jacket but made from more country or casual fabrics like tweeds, though you can have the matching pants made. It derived from hunting sports, and the attires guys wore while partaking the activities.

Here's a quick article that explains it as well: http://www.esquire.com/style/tips/blazer-vs-coat-vs-jacket-0709

i really want to get a bespoke hunting sport coat, made from a heavy fabric with the leather rifle patch on the shoulder. One day..

Back
Top Bottom