Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not all pants can be let out. If they don't have fabric built inside the waist band, then they can't. Usually cheaper ones don't have this. All pants, however, can be taken in. With that said, I would go with the size that fits you best on the thighs and rear, even if you have to size up.

Why use the J. Crew tailor? I believe they only provide basic tailoring services for free. Tapering legs or basically recutting the pants would not qualify.

Also, make sure the juice is worth the squeeze unless you really like those pants. J. Crew's construction isn't the best, but they're great when on deep discount. I'm not sure if you would like to pay $20 for a pair of pants and spend $60 recutting it. This is of course an extreme example, one of mine actually :lol:

i spoke to the manager who said he could do what i asked of him.

those pants were on sale not cheap but not regular price so taking them to outside and paying for tailoring i don't want to do.

Not all pants can be let out. If they don't have fabric built inside the waist band, then they can't. Usually cheaper ones don't have this. All pants, however, can be taken in. With that said, I would go with the size that fits you best on the thighs and rear, even if you have to size up.

Why use the J. Crew tailor? I believe they only provide basic tailoring services for free. Tapering legs or basically recutting the pants would not qualify.

Also, make sure the juice is worth the squeeze unless you really like those pants. J. Crew's construction isn't the best, but they're great when on deep discount. I'm not sure if you would like to pay $20 for a pair of pants and spend $60 recutting it. This is of course an extreme example, one of mine actually :lol:

i spoke to the manager who said he could do what i asked of him.

those pants were on sale not cheap but not regular price so taking them to outside and paying for tailoring i don't want to do.

the manager isn't the one that will be cutting and sewing so he shouldn't be the one answer question about it. not sure why that makes sense to you. outside tailoring is almost always better than in store. chances are j crew outsources that type of thing anyway since i've never seen anyone getting measured in the dressing room. unless the tailoring is free you're much better off going elsewhere.

Last edited:
the manager isn't the one that will be cutting and sewing so he shouldn't be the one answer question about it. not sure why that makes sense to you. outside tailoring is almost always better than in store. chances are j crew outsources that type of thing anyway since i've never seen anyone getting measured in the dressing room. unless the tailoring is free you're much better off going elsewhere.

That's not really my concern, but I get what your saying. They do measurements in the J Crew mens store between broome and broadway. I don't know about the other stores. And Yes it is free which is why I'm going to have them do it, already had them hem the pants so.

Pony hair

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom