Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can I wear a normal width tie with this suite or does it have to be a thin/skinner tie?

Can I wear a normal width tie with this suite or does it have to be a thin/skinner tie?
A slim tie would look nice with it, but the classic tie is fine as well. Remember, the art of dressing well is dressing in a manner you feel fits and looks best. You'll be fine bruh

Yep. And you're local. Track down to meet Jason in Pasadena to be measured by him.

I wanted to go bespoke from the start, but RFX referred me to Jason several years ago. The suits are not 100% perfect but I'm happy with them for the prices I paid. If you have a normal like physique I feel you can go off the rack or MTM and be ok. My mentality has changed a bit throughout the years and I don't see myself going full bespoke anytime soon.

A slim tie would look nice with it, but the classic tie is fine as well. Remember, the art of dressing well is dressing in a manner you feel fits and looks best. You'll be fine bruh
Thank you. Never used to pay attention until I started posting in the DB thread. I have learned a lot but at the it has caused me to second guess myself.

Thank you. Never used to pay attention until I started posting in the DB thread. I have learned a lot but at the it has caused me to second guess myself.
nah don't let some of these guys define what Dressing Well means. Like I said, when you look in the mirror or when you out, its all bout how you feel. There is no blue print to dressing well. Its all about fit and how you feel with your fit. J crew and some AE's don'r mean much if your not happy with your fit. Similar to how some people can look stylish in a plain hoody and sneakers. Its all fit and comfort bro. If you need some grooming tips or just general advice, youtube has many tutorials in terms of styling.... at least to give you some ideas that you can expand on yourself. Good luck bro and stay fresh!

Yes it is the Thompson. Tomorrow I will be breaking it out for the first time.

Go with a 2.5" tie if you have one. J. Crew ties are cut to the same width as their lapels on the thompson suits. Not a fan of the slimmer lapels especially on someone my build but a 2.5" tie would be perfect for that suit. What shirt and tie combo are you going with?

Yes it is the Thompson. Tomorrow I will be breaking it out for the first time.
Go with a 2.5" tie if you have one. J. Crew ties are cut to the same width as their lapels on the thompson suits. Not a fan of the slimmer lapels especially on someone my build but a 2.5" tie would be perfect for that suit. What shirt and tie combo are you going with?
@Pinoy732  MAYBE U CAN HOOK MAGIC UP WITH SOME OF THE TIES YOUR HAD SHOWED ME.

LET HIM PICK A COUPLE IF THEY'RE 2.5" AND ILL COVERTHE SHIPPING.

@magic872  ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU (BC TRUST ME I CANT TELL U BOUT FASHION LOL) IS THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER SECOND YOURSELF.

POST THE PICS BC U WILL DEF GET GOOD ADVICE.

DONT BE LIEK THE COWARDS WHO HIDE BEHIND SN COMMENTING AND CRITICIZING OTHER WITHOUT POSTING THEMSELVES. 

I have a feeling Meth will come through and lock both threads to cut the BS out...this **** is beyond immature....

Thinking of going with this combo.

Please rephrase cause I'm not sure what you are saying.
Sorry, bad joke that came from the recent absurdity going on.  It was a suggestion that if more than a few people in here buy the same thing it's like this thread's version of being a hypebeast because apparently J Crew suits & Allen Edmonds fit into that category.

I haven't seen the jeans, they're super cheap so I don't see how they can be bad but I have more jeans than I even need right now so no point in buying another pair.  Saving as much as I can for a new pair of Foams.

Are they trousers or chinos? How's the temp in HK right now?

I love my white chinos. Very versatile color though they get dirty easily.
 Like the ones in J.crew more of a jean type its gonna be about 60 degrees .

Damn, the Gap in my area is having that extra 50%, but the Japanese skinny comes to $32 with that. Already have one, wanted to triple up.

What are your guys habits when it comes to water proof spraying shoes?

I'm spraying my wheat timbs right now before I wear them for the first time today. Last pair of shoes I remember waterproofing before these were chrome 8s.

Pretty much if its all nubuck shoe ill waterproof it. Leather, suede, or anything else on the shoe I just wear them without waterproofing. I was thinking about waterproofing beeswax dessert boot whenever I got them but decides not to. And obviously never waterproof dress shoes.

I think it really works well on nubuck shoes though.

@Pinoy732
 MAYBE U CAN HOOK MAGIC UP WITH SOME OF THE TIES YOUR HAD SHOWED ME.

LET HIM PICK A COUPLE IF THEY'RE 2.5" AND ILL COVERTHE SHIPPING.

@magic872
 ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU (BC TRUST ME I CANT TELL U BOUT FASHION LOL) IS THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER SECOND YOURSELF.

POST THE PICS BC U WILL DEF GET GOOD ADVICE.

DONT BE LIEK THE COWARDS WHO HIDE BEHIND SN COMMENTING AND CRITICIZING OTHER WITHOUT POSTING THEMSELVES. 
Went with the blue Thompson. Former military hence the flag on my lapel.

Back
Top Bottom