Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Going to Hong Kong over the weekend Would it be appropriate for me to rock off white pants? also keep in mind since I'll be walking around the whole day so I'll more than likely still be wearing it at night:

found it amongst some of my dads old stuff. Was wondering the year mostly, and would it be smart to get it tailored or no
Put it on and post pics. If shoulders and armholes fit then might be worth tailoring.

Going to Hong Kong over the weekend Would it be appropriate for me to rock off white pants? also keep in mind since I'll be walking around the whole day so I'll more than likely still be wearing it at night:
Are they trousers or chinos? How's the temp in HK right now?

I love my white chinos. Very versatile color though they get dirty easily.

What are your questions?

It looks like a thrift find to me. YSL has even making beautiful clothing for decades. Fit is probably more fuller and not slim like today's age however. Hand some doublebreasted blazer.

found it amongst some of my dads old stuff. Was wondering the year mostly, and would it be smart to get it tailored or no
Note that in the 70-90's brands like Dior and YSL would basically rent their name out to subpar makers. I have run into my handful these in my thrift hunts. Honestly, the name intrigues me, but normally the construction is not there. As Wis has stated, if the shoulder fit and you see yourself using it, why not. However if it will require a ton of work, you might be better off putting your money towards something else.

anyone care to school me on this?
Vintage YSL. Great quality, but very boxy. Looks late 80's early 90's.

I want to do a bit of a DIY project and sew a strap onto some of my outerwear since I'm not always wearing them while outside. It would have to be lightweight but sturdy, and since it would be sewn on the inside of the coat it can't be rough.

Does anyone have any recommendations for materials/brands that would make this kind of thing?

Not sure if this was poasted, but Banana Republic has a 40% off sale going at the moment. Not sure if its online, or even lasting beyond today :lol:.

I'm not sure if they are going to be carrying Clarks anymore neither as I've noticed they took them off regular shelves, but I was able to score some DBs for $43.

definitely not for me. i would leave my jacket in the car or carry it before i rocked that.

No worries, I know it's unusual but I love the concept. Worst case is that I don't like it and remove it so there's nothing really stopping me

That's gon be a hard DIY. You might have to deconstruct the whole lining and actually stitch the straps to the seams of the jacket and if the jacket is leather, then I wouldn't even recommend it. If you just attach it to the lining, it'll just rip that right out with time.

I love those straps in Rick, I use it not just to carry/wear the jacket when it gets too warm (I hate holding anything) but I also hang my jackets that way especially if it's a leather jacket. I hate just putting my leather in a coat rack and the hook of the rack leaves an indentation. Ricks doesn't have that tab you use to hang the jackets with so the straps are very helpful in that way.

What are your questions?

It looks like a thrift find to me. YSL has been making beautiful clothing for decades. Fit is probably more fuller and not slim like today's age however. Hand some doublebreasted blazer.

Put it on and post pics. If shoulders and armholes fit then might be worth tailoring.

What are your questions?

It looks like a thrift find to me. YSL has even making beautiful clothing for decades. Fit is probably more fuller and not slim like today's age however. Hand some doublebreasted blazer.

Note that in the 70-90's brands like Dior and YSL would basically rent their name out to subpar makers. I have run into my handful these in my thrift hunts. Honestly, the name intrigues me, but normally the construction is not there. As Wis has stated, if the shoulder fit and you see yourself using it, why not. However if it will require a ton of work, you might be better off putting your money towards something else.

anyone care to school me on this?
Vintage YSL. Great quality, but very boxy. Looks late 80's early 90's.[/quote]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom