Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Y'all need to go w/ moderntailor...fit will be perfect for you since its MTM and the quality for the price is awesome. Gonna get all of my dress shirts from them from here on out, many different patterns too...only caveat is you have a 2 week wait roughly, plus you can get $20-$25 off each shirt by using diff emails, and CC's :pimp: :pimp:

repped. will be using this or a similar site later today. need a shirt in just over 2 weeks from now so hopefully i can decide on a color soon and get it in time

Y'all need to go w/ moderntailor...fit will be perfect for you since its MTM and the quality for the price is awesome. Gonna get all of my dress shirts from them from here on out, many different patterns too...only caveat is you have a 2 week wait roughly, plus you can get $20-$25 off each shirt by using diff emails, and CC's :pimp: :pimp:

Don't forget that by using different e-mail's and CC's you can get a white test shirt for $35 shipped and blue oxford test shirt for $30 shipped.

MT

The homie @omgitswes put me on. :pimp:

Don't forget that by using different e-mail's and CC's you can get a white test shirt for $35 shipped and blue oxford test shirt for $30 shipped.

Hopefully their other shirts/fabrics are better because the test shirt I received was trash. Pinoy732 - those look nice though. Not a big fan of french cuffs (has no place in my world) but the patterns look nice.

Last edited:

Hopefully their other shirts/fabrics are better because the test shirt I received was trash. Pinoy732 - those look nice though. Not a big fan of french cuffs (has no place in my world) but the patterns look nice.
HOPE YOU WERENT EXPECTING QUALITY OF A TEST SHIRT.

ITS A TEST SHIRT VANCITY

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~03761/03761.jsp

thinking of buying that, i'm usually a small/medium with clothes, will a medium be alright ? i am just wondering if Jcrew runs bigger or smaller in jackets, also is this a good buy?

I'm looking for a nice warm parka, this looks pretty good imo, other than the price, but what do you guys think?

thanks.
It's tough to say...I've always felt J. Crew jackets run a little big but I have no idea about this particular one.  Plus, if you're between a small & medium and usually you want a little room in that type of jacket, you might be okay with the medium.  

You'll be able to get it on sale if you wanna wait.  Problem is, it might be more towards the end of the winter unless they have a 30% off everything type deal but I'm not sure how frequent those are...seems like they have that or 40% off sale items erry day.

Like CAPSLOCK said, it's just a test shirt and that's also why it's cheap.  Looks like the only french cuff he got is a solid white which is good to have.

Like CAPSLOCK said, it's just a test shirt and that's also why it's cheap.  Looks like the only french cuff he got is a solid white which is good to have.
YOUR GOD IS SLIGHT AMUSED..

I CHUCKLED

Well - why not make the test shirt of exceptional quality so people are inclined to place another order? I'm sure the company could easily afford it.

Well - why not make the test shirt of exceptional quality so people are inclined to place another order? I'm sure the company could easily afford it.

The intention behind the test shirt is for people to figure out their sizing. Yes you're paying $30-35 for it but I'd argue for that price you're getting something that was made in your measurements or close to it that's probably the same quality as most $30-35 shirts out there. My white one is pretty "cheap" but I get a good bit of wear of it, granted under sweaters as that thing is more see through than a wet t-shirt. The blue one I haven't worn yet, but I bought it for two reasons, it was an oxford cloth in blue and to tweak my measurements from the first one (white). The white one was too snug at the chest. Going forward, all my MT shirts will be from their actual collection.

The intention behind the test shirt is for people to figure out their sizing. Yes you're paying $30-35 for it but I'd argue for that price you're getting something that was made in your measurements or close to it that's probably the same quality as most $30-35 shirts out there. My white one is pretty "cheap" but I get a good bit of wear of it, granted under sweaters as that thing is more see through than a wet t-shirt. The blue one I haven't worn yet, but I bought it for two reasons, it was an oxford cloth in blue and to tweak my measurements from the first one (white). The white one was too snug at the chest. Going forward, all my MT shirts will be from their actual collection.
Pics of your nips in the test shirt?

Pics of your nips in the test shirt?
devil.gif

How do you guys think Mezlan compares to AE?

I've heard mixed opinions about it. Some say their Mezlan's last longer than their AE's, some say the opposite. Gilt having a Mezlan sale and I also had an extra 30% off code. I just put a double monkstrap in black, rivet penny loafer in brown and tassel loafer in cognac in my cart. Total price with 30% off is $500. I'm very close to hitting the submit button, but want a little feedback from you guys.

How do you guys think Mezlan compares to AE?

I've heard mixed opinions about it. Some say their Mezlan's last longer than their AE's, some say the opposite. Gilt having a Mezlan sale and I also had an extra 30% off code. I just put a double monkstrap in black, rivet penny loafer in brown and tassel loafer in cognac in my cart. Total price with 30% off is $500. I'm very close to hitting the submit button, but want a little feedback from you guys.

My pops love them.

On another note has anyone noticed Steve Harveys change in suits. They arent the 10 button joints.

Last edited:
It's tough to say...I've always felt J. Crew jackets run a little big but I have no idea about this particular one.  Plus, if you're between a small & medium and usually you want a little room in that type of jacket, you might be okay with the medium.  

You'll be able to get it on sale if you wanna wait.  Problem is, it might be more towards the end of the winter unless they have a 30% off everything type deal but I'm not sure how frequent those are...seems like they have that or 40% off sale items erry day.

its sold out...

wow.

i should have just pulled the trigger, this is so stupid, it's only been an hour.

'We’re sorry. This item has been so popular, it has sold out.'

Last edited:

its sold out...

wow.

i should have just pulled the trigger, this is so stupid, it's only been an hour.

'We’re sorry. This item has been so popular, it has sold out.'

$400 saved. Plenty of other coats out there

Back
Top Bottom