Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I partially agree with Wis, but blazers and sport coats are interchangeable terms these days. It doesn't limit itself to just wool or tweed either. When someone is talking about either it's typically a less structured and less formal jacket when compared to a suit jacket
A black cotton blazer would look really nice for casual wear.

I can't really tell the difference between a blazer/sport coat and a suit jacket by looking at it unless there's more a sheen to it. But when you feel it you typically can tell because it's usually smoother. Also I believe a blazer or sport coat will have different pockets from a suit. I could be wrong but I don't think there are many suits with patch pockets, because they seem less formal.
I'm talking about historical point of view. Modern day wise, I agree.

My friend is 5'5-5'6 110 lbs. He stayssss in the PRL kids section lol

Wow. Those are female stats, man. I know girls who are 5'2" at that weight and they are already mad skinny.

Gotcha. Yeah historically wise your right.

Checked out Orvis' retail store over the weekend. One of the sale associates told me that they're going to building one here in Huntsville next year. Hoping to get a part time gig there and use the discount to deck myself out in Barbour gear

My friend is 5'5-5'6 110 lbs. He stayssss in the PRL kids section lol
Wow. Those are female stats, man. I know girls who are 5'2" at that weight and they are already mad skinny.
I feel bad for dude and I don't even know him.

I'm sure he has a hard enough time getting yambs at those stats. I'm willing to bet he has a Napoleon complex too considering the amount of ridicule he has to face in life.

He probably doesn't need people telling him he has a female build anonymously on the internets
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I'm sure he has a hard enough time getting yambs at those stats. I'm willing to bet he has a Napoleon complex too considering the amount of ridicule he has to face in life.

He probably doesn't need people telling him he has a female build anonymously on the internets :lol:  
Dang. I feel batman now. I wasn't trying to be mean. Was really surprised at the numbers.

I partially agree with Wis, but blazers and sport coats are interchangeable terms these days. It doesn't limit itself to just wool or tweed either. When someone is talking about either it's typically a less structured and less formal jacket when compared to a suit jacket
A black cotton blazer would look really nice for casual wear.

I can't really tell the difference between a blazer/sport coat and a suit jacket by looking at it unless there's more a sheen to it. But when you feel it you typically can tell because it's usually smoother. Also I believe a blazer or sport coat will have different pockets from a suit. I could be wrong but I don't think there are many suits with patch pockets, because they seem less formal.
I just checked out Orvis.com for the first time. The Barbour coats and the Wolverine boots are about the only good things they sell.

Every time I've walked by an Orvis, it always looked like an old guy's store, and not in a cool utilitarian kinda way. Never really thought about looking for other established brands there.

This reminds me of my heavy Jordan buying days and adults in the JB forum would brag about their savings because they could fit into a 7Y, :lol:

Clothes may look nice, but no way in hell I would be happy being 5'7 and under, :lol:

Don't mean to rustle jimmies.

The line between blazer, sports coat and suit jacket has become thinner and thinner over the years.

This reminds me of my heavy Jordan buying days and adults in the JB forum would brag about their savings because they could fit into a 7Y,
laugh.gif

Clothes may look nice, but no way in hell I would be happy being 5'7 and under,
laugh.gif

Don't mean to rustle jimmies.

The line between blazer, sports coat and suit jacket has become thinner and thinner over the years.
**** it though, can't change a damb thing about my height.

Genetics gonna genetic.

5'4" 
nthat.gif

Genetics gonna genetic.

5'4" :nthat:

That's true, do the most with what you got, nothing wrong with that.

Can't get on the soap box and brag about the wrong things. Like a fat dude bragging about how much food he can put down in one sitting.

Don't put a spotlight on your shortcomings, I swear the pun is unintentional.

My friend is 5'8 110 pounds. Dude is built like a corpse (we tell him that to his face). My friends and I are always brutally honest and mean to each other though, and he doesn't really care cause his girl is good looking (and also weighs 20 more pounds than him) :lol: Tried to get him on a weight gain plan but he's too damn lazy :smh: I actually have that same anorexic bone structure as him, but with a diet and lifting I've gone from his size to 160 pounds in the past 7 years. I'm never gonna look swole cause of my build, but I look human sized and can lift heavy so w/e

Last edited:
My friend is 5'8 110 pounds. Dude is built like a corpse (we tell him that to his face). My friends and I are always brutally honest and mean to each other though, and he doesn't really care cause his girl is good looking (and also weights 20 more pounds than him) :lol: Tried to get him on a weight gain plan but he's too damn lazy :smh: I actually have that same anorexic bone structure as him, but with a diet and lifting I've gone from his size to 160 pounds in the past 7 years
DUDE IS A 100 LBS LESS THAN ME :wow:

nah bruh thats gross :lol:

Last edited:

Genetics gonna genetic.

5'4" 
nthat.gif
That's true, do the most with what you got, nothing wrong with that.

Can't get on the soap box and brag about the wrong things. Like a fat dude bragging about how much food he can put down in one sitting.

Don't put a spotlight on your shortcomings, I swear the pun is unintentional.
jk brah

I just checked out Orvis.com for the first time. The Barbour coats and the Wolverine boots are about the only good things they sell.

Every time I've walked by an Orvis, it always looked like an old guy's store, and not in a cool utilitarian kinda way. Never really thought about looking for other established brands there.

It's essentially a nicer but smaller Bass Pro Shop

He probably doesn't need people telling him he has a female build anonymously on the internets :lol:  

exactly man. He will fill into his frame. He only 20 Y.O. No need for ppl to laugh at him. People forget that in diff parts of the world, people weight a lot less. He is underweight by any definition, no refuting that, but it is not as far-fetched as many think.

The yambs are all that matters. I can't get above 150 lbs and I'm 5'8. My girls an inch taller than me. Love those long legs :pimp:

If I had to shop in the kids section I'd feel pretty bad though. Wonder if aziz is serious about wearing brooks brothers kids :rofl:

Started my first post graduation job today.

It felt weird for mutiple reasons

1. I have not gotten up early for work since 2005, besides the first week when I worked for Schlumberger back in 07.

2. I am officially working for my pops again after 15 years and since then, I have been a myth around the office since they have never seen me.

3. My pops told me that he was retiring and was handing everything to me. I wanted the real estate side but my brother who was to take the non-profit side is not ready.

4. I have a grasp on the Real Estate side just gotta learn the non-profit side (its been 15 years since I worked that side). So I will spend time in each program (20+).

5. Tomorrow i get to teach inner city kids to apply a condom to a model penis (non-profit). so Im sitting here with a penis trying make sure I get it right.

6. Next week I will buy some property in Ventura County.

6. I have to dress much better than I did before (button up and slacks). Glad I found this thread way back.

Man all of that sounds really exciting, except for number 5 :lol:

Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom