Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm tempted to even wear a suit with a pair of sneakers for kicks, a la Rob Downey.

So for those who are in, just post up the pictures from now until the 15th of Nov. If you all don't mind, I would like to make blog entries of all contests so they can be forever linked and referred back to in this thread. I will contact all members for their consent when the time comes.

The reason I chose sneakers was because that's how we are all united. At one point or another, we all bought Nikes and Jordans and such. While we may no longer line up for those shoes, most of us still wear sneakers. Just incorporate how you wear them now with the pictures.

anyone know where i can find a vest with this type of pattern?

like this:

hoping to find something

In for the challenge...

Btw...can someone let me know what fabric this is? I'm guessing it's wool....but I'm just checking if there's a certain type of wool that is?

In for the challenge...

Btw...can someone let me know what fabric this is? I'm guessing it's wool....but I'm just checking if there's a certain type of wool that is?

It's likely wool, that pattern is commonly referred to as nailhead IIRC, I have at least one pair of pants that are very similar.

Fellas,
Since we have a few new outfit posters, are you guys down for a bi weekly monthly challenge? I plan to keep the theme simple so we all can take part.
The first one would end on November 15. The theme is sneakers after the sneakerhead stage. You can post as many pictures as you want. Let me know who would like to join in :smile:

im game.

so these are some recent fits with sneakers, whether they are considered "dressing better" kinda depends on the person. i kinda cheat sometimes cause i dont like being put in a box as far as my style. i tend to break people down into two categories, "fresh" and "well dressed". i was going for just normal everyday neigborhood "fresh" style with these fits. if i had worn chucks with these outfits in my opinion thats the "well dressed" style. any body get what i am talking about?

It's likely wool, that pattern is commonly referred to as nailhead IIRC, I have at least one pair of pants that are very similar.

I don't think it's nailhead because it's not as uniform, plus the fabric looks pretty thick.

For those wondering, this is nailhead:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/S7ytEbINd2I/AAAAAAAAAsY/-d9NoLNDxME/s1600/RT+series.jpg

Ah, you're likely right. However I've seen nailhead like this and although I don't own this suit, I have pants of the same material:

Bonobos Nailhead Suit

Ah, you're likely right. However I've seen nailhead like this and although I don't own this suit, I have pants of the same material:

Bonobos Nailhead Suit
I know what you mean, my man. Nailhead is a great pattern. With donegal tweed, it's hard to capture in pictures...there's small flecks of imperfection which makes the cloths unique.

I also just finished the survey. Best of luck to the firm. I always support up and coming entrepreneurs.

My entry for the sneaker challenge today:
tumblr_mcj2vaWp6A1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

I'm tempted to even wear a suit with a pair of sneakers for kicks, a la Rob Downey.
So for those who are in, just post up the pictures from now until the 15th of Nov. If you all don't mind, I would like to make blog entries of all contests so they can be forever linked and referred back to in this thread. I will contact all members for their consent when the time comes.
The reason I chose sneakers was because that's how we are all united. At one point or another, we all bought Nikes and Jordans and such. While we may no longer line up for those shoes, most of us still wear sneakers. Just incorporate how you wear them now with the pictures.

Sounds good to me. And I'm game for the blog entries as if it's okay with people here I'll likely do the same of posting these fits in my blog as well. Will look through my Photobucket tonight and see what I have. Not home for a few days and only packed up wingtips and Tom's. If Tom' are "sneakers" then I may be able too though.

In for the challenge...

Definitely Donegal Tweed.

Yo you dudes can't be using old outfit pictures for the contest, man :lol: Hopefully we can get a good number of participants! No limits either so post as much as you want. :smile:

Yo you dudes can't be using old outfit pictures for the contest, man :lol: Hopefully we can get a good number of participants! No limits either so post as much as you want. :smile:

That's fair. It definitely should be outfits that we are wearing now and incorporating sneakers into it. Are Tom's a go? I won't be posting anything to go with this particular competition until at least early next week, as long Hurricane Sandy doesn't strand me over here in FL, just need to get back to NY by Sunday.

Tom's are not sneakers, c'mon bro, you're not that far removed from your sneaker collecting days that brought you to this site.

Anyone up on Vans OTW, they are releasing a lot of shoes that I would consider DB friendly. I have a couple, but really digging these...

Last edited:
Tom's are not sneakers, c'mon bro, you're not that far removed from your sneaker collecting days that brought you to this site.

Just asking, some people may classify them in the same category due to them being somewhat similar to the Vans slip ons for example. It was just a question. I have sneakers, sneakers, so I'm not stressing it.

would vans authentics be acceptable? :smokin
Those are definitely sneakers, man.

The most I can partake is 3 days a week :lol: Other days are no sneaker days at work. I hope we can get a wide variety of sneakers, ie New Balance, Jordans, etc. but as long as we have folks engaged...it's a great first step!

Back
Top Bottom