Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Rugged boots, mainly the katahdins I posted. They've got this chalky looking stuff on it that I can't get off by just brushing or with water.

yeah, i usually wear 9 and i bought an 8 and its still too big. the 7.5 ran out extremely fast. did you go to the indochino traveling tailor in NYC?

Going this Monday...assuming the weather isn't terrible. My vest shipped from the remake though, should get it by Halloween, again assuming the weather doesn't change things.

Rugged boots, mainly the katahdins I posted. They've got this chalky looking stuff on it that I can't get off by just brushing or with water.
Rugged boots are suppose to develop characters as you get scratches and stuff on them. I just use AE leather cleaner/conditioner once every 10-15 wears in harsh condition. No wax or paste.

I'll try that leather cleaner. Thanks
I had to order it from AE's site since Nordstrom didn't have it. If there's a Nordstrom near you, try checking it to see if you can buy in person.

To reinforce my thought that a turtleneck looks great under a jacket:
tumblr_mck9imhOs51qc1spyo1_500.png

Going this Monday...assuming the weather isn't terrible. My vest shipped from the remake though, should get it by Halloween, again assuming the weather doesn't change things.
i just came back from the fitting. it was really quick and they make an account for you but they want you to buy the suit at that moment. i dont know if they will email you the measurements that they took though. also the place is sort of hard to find because its inside grand central terminal.

i just came back from the fitting. it was really quick and they make an account for you but they want you to buy the suit at that moment. i dont know if they will email you the measurements that they took though. also the place is sort of hard to find because its inside grand central terminal.

I'm not going with the idea to purchase anything but to make sure my stuff is properly made to fit me. We'll see how it goes but if the weather is bad, then I'm going to skip it honestly, since I rather get home safely than anything.

I admire their determination though. The SE dudes got laughed at on here when they posted, but kept focusing on themselves and they're doing well.
Good looking on the shirt Wes. Also nice fit WJ4.
True. I admire the aesthetic it's just a bit overdone for my tastes. To each his own though and that's what makes DB so great. I need to get a tripod so I can start posting fits in here, I'm tall as hell and clumsy as hell with my camera :lol:

Ive been eyeing that shirt for a long time. i cant pull the trigger because i still feel i will loose some more weight. the hardest thing is investing money on quality clothes and then knowing u cant wear them anymore. i cant go through that again. hopefully it'll still be available.

on street etiquette i respect them a lot. I also remember when they were joked on niketalk and to see where they are now its crazy to me. I was in the same boat i had a whole thread that was about my brand. smh. and i never want to relive that again but it is what it is. people tell u things but you have to push through.

A recent pick-up from JCPenney and for under $6 with tax. Didn't have any shirts with pink and found this pink checkered shirt.

Last edited:
anyone have a pair of wolverine 1000 mile boots? how you like them?
I bought a pair, but have yet to wear them. Quality looks sub par. I was kind of disheartened and surprised the shoes were made in China. At around the $300 mark, I would expect them to be made in USA. I bought them because I wanted a black pair of combat boots to wear in the fall/winter.

Ive been eyeing that shirt for a long time. i cant pull the trigger because i still feel i will loose some more weight. the hardest thing is investing money on quality clothes and then knowing u cant wear them anymore. i cant go through that again. hopefully it'll still be available.
on street etiquette i respect them a lot. I also remember when they were joked on niketalk and to see where they are now its crazy to me. I was in the same boat i had a whole thread that was about my brand. smh. and i never want to relive that again but it is what it is. people tell u things but you have to push through.
The best investment you can make is in yourself, my man. I always stress this. I would rather be in shape and have a weak wardrobe than vice versa. During my transitional stage, I wore cheap Levi's, hoody/sweater, and t shirt until my goal was reached.

So those Stafford boots from JC Penney people were all over a month ago? Those ***** fit entirely too tight :smh:

Did you size down properly? I'm normally a size 11 and had to size down to a 9.5 and mine fit perfectly.

whaaaaaaaaaat??? i sized down 1 size and its still too big...i wish they still had small sizes >:

Isn't this the truth. Hell I wish they ran true to size simply.
So nevermind, I was checking out a different style than the ones posted in here. They were the Cutter model boots, not the Camlin's. Regardless, was disappointed.

The sweater is a bit too big.
My pants were a little lower than where I usually wear them,
I would've pulled them up a bit more when I put my belt on to get rid some of the stacking.

This looks fine to me. While the sweater can be sized down for a fitted look, the slouchy look works as well here.

does anyone own both alpha khakis and urban slim chinos from jcrew? i've been eyeing a lighter khaki pair on jcrew, but after browsing a bit, everyone is saying that the urbans arent really slim at all.

does anyone own both alpha khakis and urban slim chinos from jcrew? i've been eyeing a lighter khaki pair on jcrew, but after browsing a bit, everyone is saying that the urbans arent really slim at all.

Yep I own both. I would definitely say the alpha's are slimmer, however I think the urban slim jcrew chinos are slim as well. The jcrew pair is more of a traditional look IMO. Not skinny, just a nice slim fitting chino.

Yep I own both. I would definitely say the alpha's are slimmer, however I think the urban slim jcrew chinos are slim as well. The jcrew pair is more of a traditional look IMO. Not skinny, just a nice slim fitting chino.

The urbans dont feel slim to me. Alphas are most def slimmer.

sorry to bump this question, kind of got buried at a bottom of page, not sure if people saw. can someone please help, where i can find a vest with this type of pattern?

hoping to find something

does anybody know a place where i can get some alphas on sale. im hoping they arent that skinny
they always go on sale at macys for $30-$50, couple that with some coupons and youll have a good deal. i have a 20 off 50 im planning on uaing once they hit the 40 mark

Back
Top Bottom