Dressing Better Vol 2.0

No i wasn't the one asking a couple pages ago, this is the first time i have posted in here.
Neither of the events im going to will be tie wearing occasions, just a button up. It's just a casual thing with friends, not job related or anything like that. And the wedding is very casual as well.   I was just hoping to get suggestions on what type of button up and what type of pants to wear
I would just wear a sport shirt with chinos or trousers and those Cole Haans if you just want to hang out with friends.

I would wear a suit to all weddings at a minimum. A button down is great if you don't plan on wearing a tie, especially one with an American roll.

Just ask yourself "would my outfit be approved by male teenagers who love kicks?" If so, you're going to need to reconsider
laugh.gif
lol thanks man. appreciate the info

this wedding im going to will one where i would be the only one in a suit if i wore one 
laugh.gif

this wedding im going to will one where i would be the only one in a suit if i wore one :lol:
Just saw your sig, a 'carhead' wedding?

I've never seen a wedding that doesn't have suits/tuxes. Even the ones that aren't into fashion have ill fitting suits and such.

this wedding im going to will one where i would be the only one in a suit if i wore one 
laugh.gif

I've never seen a wedding that doesn't have suits/tuxes. Even the ones that aren't into fashion have ill fitting suits and such.
lol no not a carhead wedding just a casual one.  outside of the groom and groomsmen nobody will be wearing a suit

I've seen a friend's wedding pictures where the ushers were wearing shorts and an untucked shirt with a tie...to be fair it took place on the sand of a beach but still..

Also seen a couple get married on my FB feed where the groomsmen were wearing jeans with a vest, shirt, and tie. Unfriended immediately...smfh.

I guess it is ultimately up to the couple to figure that stuff out but man, one of the most important days of your life and you can't even put on proper pants??

I've seen a friend's wedding pictures where the ushers were wearing shorts and an untucked shirt with a tie...to be fair it took place on the sand of a beach but still..

Also seen a couple get married on my FB feed where the groomsmen were wearing jeans with a vest, shirt, and tie. Unfriended immediately...smfh.

I guess it is ultimately up to the couple to figure that stuff out but man, one of the most important days of your life and you can't even put on proper pants??
Different strokes for diff folks, I suppose.

I should've said I've never witnessed first handed. Because of your examples, I just remember a high school friend of mine got married a couple of months ago in Hawaii. We all talked about rocking kicks for the big day back then, but he actually did it. He wore an untucked white dress shirt, baggy khaki trousers, and he UN-DS'd a pair of Concord 11s for the ceremony which took place on the sand of a beach. He was happy so that's all that matters.

Question guys. I haven't been in this thread in forever, but recently I've lost a decent amount of weight and have gone down a few pants sizes. Went from a 42 to a 38. :D Can finally fit into things in stores like h&m and j crew. I have some pants that I've grown really attached to and wanted to know if you guys think it's worth taking them to a taylor to get them taken in?

^id say yes, Instead of dropping large amounts of money on new clothes. Do you plan on losing more weight? Any decent tailors in your area? Skill and price wise.

Guess who I am?

Ties too wide but it's the only red "power tie" I have and it's employee photo day. Found out late cause I was out of the office.

Also couldn't find my pocket square because I am a man child and just throw them in my sock drawer with no regard for organization

Last edited:
^id say yes, Instead of dropping large amounts of money on new clothes. Do you plan on losing more weight? Any decent tailors in your area? Skill and price wise.

I'll continue to work out and what not so I real have no idea of where I'll end up. I'm in NYC but I don't really trust the tailors in my neighborhood to do it.

Anyone have good tailor suggestions in NYC?

Guess who I am?

Ties too wide but it's the only red "power tie" I have and it's employee photo day. Found out late cause I was out of the office.

Also couldn't find my pocket square because I am a man child and just throw them in my sock drawer with no regard for organization
:pimp:

But you gotta use the back facing cam papi. Use the Up Volume Button to snap da pic. Also, where's da white PS at mang? :nerd:

Guess who I am?

pimp.gif

But you gotta use the back facing cam papi. Use the Up Volume Button to snap da pic. Also, where's da white PS at mang?
nerd.gif
Man I was confused as hell as to how you're getting these pics to happen with just one hand, out here fumbling my phone 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I lost it I have no clue where it is TBH, I thought it was in the sock drawer, but now IDK.

Guess who I am?

:pimp:

But you gotta use the back facing cam papi. Use the Up Volume Button to snap da pic. Also, where's da white PS at mang? :nerd:
Man I was confused as hell as to how you're getting these pics to happen with just one hand, out here fumbling my phone :lol: :smh: .

I lost it I have no clue where it is TBH, I thought it was in the sock drawer, but now IDK.

I seriously gotta get someone else's phone to snap a pic on how I snap pics. So many folks have questioned it :lol: I usually have it against my comp monitor as well for dat stability.

You guys need to pay attention to Adrian. I'd like to think I've figured it out by now.

Shirt- Turnbull & Asser
Tie- Yves Saint Laurent
Watch- (take a guess) lol

Last edited:
Nice Hank :pimp:

I'm in the market from some tassel slippers or slip-on style shoes (not the loafer). Outside of Del Toro, who else makes quality slippers?

Back
Top Bottom