Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The camera on the desk.
:rofl:

It ain't dimple though.
2.5" width, my friend.
That has literally nothing to do with it.

Henny knows.

2.5"

2.75"

Last edited:
working in and around DC for the last few years, ive often wondered who dresses the President...found out that Johnston and Murphy is the official shoe maker for the POTUS...

I thought Allen Edmonds always did the inauguration shoes?

A question for you guys, how many white shirts do you guys own? Eventually when I compile enough suits to wear a suit every day, I would opt to wear a white shirt more days than not, and I have to figure that what with time delay of dry cleaning you would need around 8 of them.

5 Drakes of London ties coming Friday. Just wait on it.

I still think the width plays a factor in addition to the fabric and construction. I can get a dimple even on some of the old wide joints I had that are cheaply made.

[rule]A question for you guys, how many white shirts do you guys own? Eventually when I compile enough suits to wear a suit every day, I would opt to wear a white shirt more days than not, and I have to figure that what with time delay of dry cleaning you would need around 8 of them.
I have about 5. Different fabrics and collar types. The straight collar one gets rocked the most.

Last edited:
There's no way the president wears those shoes :lol:

You'd likely be wrong to say that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...mas-favorite-footstool-famous-resolut/?page=4
http://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...mas-favorite-footstool-famous-resolut/?page=3

Not that exact model but it is definitely J&M

[rule]

A handful of presidents went wiht AE. Obama unfortunately did not..

Last edited:
I would probably go straight collar on all my white shirts, even though I fear people thinking I'm wearing the same shirt over and over every day. Everything else feels off to me when it comes to shirts with suits. I'm funny like that.

I would probably go straight collar on all my white shirts, even though I fear people thinking I'm wearing the same shirt over and over every day. Everything else feels off to me when it comes to shirts with suits. I'm funny like that.
Get a medium spread collar. Cop like 5 of them, with at least one as a hidden placket with french cuffs for more formal occasions.

Eff if other people think you rocking the same one. Draper stays in da white.

Ha. I have a pair of J&M shoes that I bought to wear to a wedding a few years ago. Kinda cool that the pres wears the same brand.

Get a medium spread collar. Cop like 5 of them, with at least one as a hidden placket with french cuffs for more formal occasions.

Eff if other people think you rocking the same one. Draper stays in da white.

If this isn't your work setup then sorry but...
YNS

Last edited:
[rule]A question for you guys, how many white shirts do you guys own? Eventually when I compile enough suits to wear a suit every day, I would opt to wear a white shirt more days than not, and I have to figure that what with time delay of dry cleaning you would need around 8 of them.

I have around 7-10 white shirts. None are button down, but the rest vary from different collar styles. I have pinpoint, cutaway, medium spread, wide spread (only reserved for special occasions or power suit look). Also, some of them are different fabrics and designs. My favorites are Herringbone and 180s cotton. Not to mention, I have my initials placed on the bottom left ribs of all my shirts and some of the initials are in different colors. I usually wear the shirts with navy blue colored initials, but during the summers and springs I'll opt for brighter colored initials. I'd show pictures, but I don't want NT to know my initials :lol:

i don't know man. style wise i dont like the brand, but johnston and murphy makes some comfortable shoes.

Don't get me wrong. J&M makes some comfortable shoes and a lot of them do look nice, but the ones pictured in the previous page looked like absolute crap :lol:

Okay.  Thought you were saying it's a shame J&M is his official shoemaker, not anything to do with that particular pair of shoes.

Okay.  Thought you were saying it's a shame J&M is his official shoemaker, not anything to do with that particular pair of shoes.
No quarrel with the brand. However, I think AE or Alden would have been a better choice.

But that model in particular is the definition of "Click Clacks"

Gotcha.  I have a feeling Mr. Obama picked them out himself.  Not quite sure he (or any president I can remember) has the greatest sense of style.  Tucked in polos, dad jeans and New Balance white leather crosstrainers type wearer.

Back
Top Bottom