Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How to size on Clark Wallabees? Same as Clark DB size?
Also, where can i get them for cheap? I don;t really want to pay retail for them

My experience with the DBs: Depends on your size. If you're in the "average" shoe size range, then go 1/2 down, but if you're more of a "bigger feet" person (ie. 12+) then go 2 sizes down. I fit 13s in normal shoes, 12.5s in Js, and my Clarks stay fitted at 10.5.

It really varies. If anything go to a local store that sells them and find your size, and then hit up Amazon. They have a nice sale going on with up to 28% off on the Clark DBs.
______

Long time lurker to the Dressing Better thread lol, but I always try to help a fellow NTer out!

Regarding Clark's Wallabees, I say that I am a small 10. I bought 9.5. I feel like I should have bought 9.

I have been lurking this thread for months. Finally decided to hit a couple of GWs on my route home. Scored a pair of Allen Edmonds that had been recrafted for $35. Looking to Flip or trade. I am a newbie at this though.

Nice pickup. What model was it ?

This is the model. Not my pic. I wish they fit better. My pair are looked like they were worn maybe 3 times before they were recrafted.

Thanks. Reason I ask is because I've heard dry cleaning your clothes excessively is bad. Also heard of people only dry cleaning their suits once per season, which is OD in my opinion, but I guess it also depends on your rotation and how often you wear them obviously.
I pretty much dry clean my jackets once a year. I brush them in between wears. I rarely wear them though, once I get to the office, I take it off.

minus whale post in here since there's people posting sneakers. denim is pure blue japan, not sure if i should get them hemmed or not, flannel is vintage pendleton

Last edited:
:lol: I did this.
But damn no info on some good jogger pants?

Haha, nice! You post some great stuff on IG too.

I've also been meaning to get some nice pants for jogging/playing ball outdoors. All I have right now is a pair of Adidas Predator soccer pants. I can never seem to find the Nike soccer pants that have that slim/tapered cut to them...

Thanks wj4. I'll be warring a bow tie soon. Just wondering how it would look with a plain dress shirt.

I've also been meaning to get some nice pants for jogging/playing ball outdoors. All I have right now is a pair of Adidas Predator soccer pants. I can never seem to find the Nike soccer pants that have that slim/tapered cut to them...

Thanks.

I was talking about joints like these

first entry into sneaker contest i suppose.
sorry for crappy blurred pic, my photographer was on vacation (girlfriend went home due to Sandy :\)

Thanks wj4. I'll be warring a bow tie soon. Just wondering how it would look with a plain dress shirt.
I actually prefer bow ties to actual ties since you don't have to worry about matching certain knots to certain style of collars. I wear bow ties with spread collars too in the same manner.

For the slim guys...J. Crew now has a shirt for us:

Allen Edmonds Long Branch Boot – $199.00 ($350)

Grey gets a lot of play around these parts. It’s classic, cool, and doesn’t shout. Even shoes in grey shades have gotten the thumbs up, but not all grey shoes look as good as others.

Grey suede chukkas = Absolutely. As seen with jeans over here.
$335 Oxfords = That’s a lot of cash and formality and cost for such a non-traditional color.

All credit to Allen Edmonds for staying current and trying new things. But a few of their grey shoes might not be complete home runs. They’ve just put three of their grey models on sale, each for $199 a pair. There’s the well known McTavish, a saddle shoe option, a new longwing, and these:

Also available in two shades of brown, but those aren’t on sale.

Moly. Those’ll do. They’re the Dalton with teeth. Grey, Goodyear-welted beasts with a Vibram lug sole ready to get you through the next 6 months. Thanks to the speed-hooks and red laces, a wingtip has never looked so at home in the mountains. Yes they are available in two outstanding shades of brown, but those are going for the full retail $350. And this grey pair? Honestly? Some may even prefer this shade change of pace.

Via Dappered

http://dappered.com/2012/11/what-wo...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Dappered+(Dappered)

Is the Express photgrapher suit still around?
Or could you guys link me to a nice cheap suit, Thx

Allen Edmonds Long Branch Boot – $199.00 ($350)

Grey gets a lot of play around these parts. It’s classic, cool, and doesn’t shout. Even shoes in grey shades have gotten the thumbs up, but not all grey shoes look as good as others.

Grey suede chukkas = Absolutely. As seen with jeans over here.
$335 Oxfords = That’s a lot of cash and formality and cost for such a non-traditional color.

All credit to Allen Edmonds for staying current and trying new things. But a few of their grey shoes might not be complete home runs. They’ve just put three of their grey models on sale, each for $199 a pair. There’s the well known McTavish, a saddle shoe option, a new longwing, and these:

Also available in two shades of brown, but those aren’t on sale.

Moly. Those’ll do. They’re the Dalton with teeth. Grey, Goodyear-welted beasts with a Vibram lug sole ready to get you through the next 6 months. Thanks to the speed-hooks and red laces, a wingtip has never looked so at home in the mountains. Yes they are available in two outstanding shades of brown, but those are going for the full retail $350. And this grey pair? Honestly? Some may even prefer this shade change of pace.

Via Dappered

http://dappered.com/2012/11/what-wo...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Dappered+(Dappered)

Those boots are nice!!

Why do they make it sound like nobody wears grey¿ I personally LOVE grey.

Thanks.

I was talking about joints like these

How about these?

Last edited:
Whoever it was that recommended getting a garment steamer...Thank you :smokin

I was I picked a cheap one randomly while killing time before a meeting. Wow...got my suits and a few sweaters looking crispy again without having to dry clean.

I don't know how I've lived without this thing...

Back
Top Bottom